Windows 10: Windows keeps installing GPU drivers EVEN WITH OPTION to do so DISABLED

Discus and support Windows keeps installing GPU drivers EVEN WITH OPTION to do so DISABLED in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, as stated above windows updates keeps installing AMD drivers for my gpu over the ones I manually installed even though I should have disabled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mbox97, Dec 7, 2022.

1. mbox97 Win User

Windows keeps installing GPU drivers EVEN WITH OPTION to do so DISABLED

Hi, as stated above windows updates keeps installing AMD drivers for my gpu over the ones I manually installed even though I should have disabled the option to do so both in the system setting advanced system settings > Hardware > Device installation settings > No and in the system registry Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DriverSearching SearchOrderConfig 0.How can I stop windows to install drivers over the manually installed one?ThanksWindows 10 Home so no group policies

:)

mbox97, Dec 7, 2022

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Dec 7, 2022
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Dec 7, 2022
  4. Windows keeps installing GPU drivers EVEN WITH OPTION to do so DISABLED

Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu

You did right , the upper hand to this aspect (enabling or disabling internal GPU) is strictly bios part .

If bios disables it , it stops even reporting to windows the GPU exist and thus wont show in hardware mind you try to install a driver .

I was going to suggest updating your bios or re-installing it with the option to clear user data but since a simple bios reset made it come to its senses then is all good , thumbs up .

nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

Windows keeps installing GPU drivers EVEN WITH OPTION to do so DISABLED

1. Windows keeps installing GPU drivers EVEN WITH OPTION to do so DISABLED - Similar Threads - keeps installing GPU

2. Windows 10 keeps crashing during GPU driver installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps crashing during GPU driver installation: I had to reinstall Windows for some reason. I was on Windows 11 for a few months and it was working perfectly until it just crashed out of nowhereI tried reinstalling Windows 11 and the situation kept getting worse, even during the Setup it kept crashing and then restartingI...
  3. Windows 10 keeps crashing during GPU driver installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps crashing during GPU driver installation: I had to reinstall Windows for some reason. I was on Windows 11 for a few months and it was working perfectly until it just crashed out of nowhereI tried reinstalling Windows 11 and the situation kept getting worse, even during the Setup it kept crashing and then restartingI...
  4. Windows 10 keeps crashing during GPU driver installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows keeps installing GPU drivers EVEN WITH OPTION to do so DISABLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps installing GPU drivers EVEN WITH OPTION to do so DISABLED: Hi, as stated above windows updates keeps installing AMD drivers for my gpu over the ones I manually installed even though I should have disabled the option to do so both in the system setting advanced system settings > Hardware > Device installation settings > No and in the...
  6. Windows keeps installing GPU drivers EVEN WITH OPTION to do so DISABLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps installing GPU drivers EVEN WITH OPTION to do so DISABLED: Hi, as stated above windows updates keeps installing AMD drivers for my gpu over the ones I manually installed even though I should have disabled the option to do so both in the system setting advanced system settings > Hardware > Device installation settings > No and in the...
  7. Windows will NOT stop overriding my GPU Driver, even with the device setting disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows will NOT stop overriding my GPU Driver, even with the device setting disabled: I have specifically selected the option to disable windows from installing drivers because frankly you install old drivers over current ones and break software. I am on a brand spanking new machine and this issue has caused my GPU driver and software to break their link with...
  8. Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu: I'm having this issue recently where Intel UHD graphics 630 keeps showing up under display drivers. I have a maximus xi hero motherboard and have disabled the onboard graphics, I have uninstalled, disabled and used a driver cleaner but it keeps coming back. When i restart my...
  9. "No AMD graphics driver is installed" even though the GPU is fine

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    "No AMD graphics driver is installed" even though the GPU is fine: Hi, I just thought I need help with this though it doesn't really bother me that much because I don't game too much anyway. I just wanna list the specs here first before I talk about more details Specs (ASUS X550ZE Laptop): AMD A8 7200p Radeon R5 (AMD A8) + Radeon...
  10. Install/Repair Keep Option disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install/Repair Keep Option disabled: W-10 Build 14915 pre-release 160826-1902 Downloaded what I think is the latest iso. "Win10_1607_English_x64.iso" "CCSA_X64FRE_EN_US_DV5" I get as far as the "Choose what to keep" and can't get past "Nothing" "Your files, apps, and settings can't be kept because your...