Windows 10: Windows keeps installing graphic driver even though I specifically stated not to

Discus and support Windows keeps installing graphic driver even though I specifically stated not to in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; fu windows submitted by /u/silvermage13 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/silvermage13, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Windows keeps installing graphic driver even though I specifically stated not to

/u/silvermage13, Apr 22, 2021

2. Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver keeps crashing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you facing the issue on a local or the Microsoft user account?
    • Is the issue specific to Solitaire?

Method 1:

I suggest you to perform a Driver Roll Back so that the driver goes back to the previous state and check if the issue is resolved.

Steps:-

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device Manager.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab.
    • Select Roll Back Driver.

If you still face the issue, uninstall and reinstall the driver and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Steps:-

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that
      and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Windows keeps installing graphic driver even though I specifically stated not to

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows keeps installing graphic driver even though I specifically stated not to

1. Windows keeps installing graphic driver even though I specifically stated not to - Similar Threads - keeps installing graphic

2. Windows keeps installing an old graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps installing an old graphics driver: Hello team Microsoft,I have been facing this issue from last 1 and half year. I followed almost every possible step to stop windows from installing an older version.I tried to make settings in device installation settings checking that option to 'NO', Whenever I resets my...
  3. Windows keeps installing an old graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps installing an old graphics driver: Hello team Microsoft,I have been facing this issue from last 1 and half year. I followed almost every possible step to stop windows from installing an older version.I tried to make settings in device installation settings checking that option to 'NO', Whenever I resets my...
  4. Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics Driver: SYSTEM-Alienware m17 R3Device name Gen6 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎8/‎20/‎2020 OS build 19043.1706...
  5. Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics Driver

Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics Driver: SYSTEM-Alienware m17 R3Device name Gen6 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎8/‎20/‎2020 OS build 19043.1706...
  6. Windows Update keeps installing an obsolete driver, even though the current driver may be...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update keeps installing an obsolete driver, even though the current driver may be...: Some time ago I raised the issue described below, but so far Windows updates do not seem to have resolved it: I keep seeing daily error messages in Windows 10 Update saying it is trying to install a driver update when the current driver is probably better than the one it...
  7. Even though I hide the update, Windows installs it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Even though I hide the update, Windows installs it?: There is an update that causes a few problems in my PC and I used the update hider software which was provided my Microsoft. I uninstalled this update yesterday and immediately hide it using the program. Then, today it installed on it's own. Why could it be? [ATTACH] It...
  8. W10UpgradeAssistant keeps installing even though I'm on Win 10

W10UpgradeAssistant keeps installing even though I'm on Win 10: Hi there everyone! Win 10, up to date via update settings I found information to help Win 7 and 8 users to keep it from running but I've not found any information for users that are on Windows 10. Every time I start the OS, I get an error that "Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant...
  9. laptop won't print even though it states ready

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop won't print even though it states ready: laptop will not communicate with printer even though states ready https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/laptop-wont-print-even-though-it-states-ready/dfd70067-51ac-4350-a08e-b611f0e196b3
  10. "No AMD graphics driver is installed" even though the GPU is fine

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    "No AMD graphics driver is installed" even though the GPU is fine: Hi, I just thought I need help with this though it doesn't really bother me that much because I don't game too much anyway. I just wanna list the specs here first before I talk about more details Specs (ASUS X550ZE Laptop): AMD A8 7200p Radeon R5 (AMD A8) + Radeon...