Windows 10: Windows keeps installing keyboard drivers

Discus and support Windows keeps installing keyboard drivers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings Recently, I had my laptop's enter key shorted, i.e. it is continuously operational when I select a particular option, multiple instances of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tejas_Joshi, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Windows keeps installing keyboard drivers

Greetings

Recently, I had my laptop's enter key shorted, i.e. it is continuously operational when I select a particular option, multiple instances of the same are launched as the enter key is continuously in ON state. I cannot actually reach out to a repair centre so, I tried uninstalling the keyboard and using an external one. The windows reinstalls the keyboard every time I uninstall it, pretty expected. But I tried disabling the option of automatically reinstalling manufacturer's drivers. That still doesn't seem to work as the windows reinstalls it anyways. Any help/suggestions will be appreciated

Regards

:)

Tejas_Joshi, Aug 31, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Windows keeps installing keyboard drivers

Windows 10 keeps installing wrong keyboard driver.

Hello Tony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Keyboard Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
      the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

If you still have the issue, install the drivers in compatibility mode.

Download the drivers from manufacture's website for Windows 10, if there no drivers available for Windows 10, download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and
    try installing it in compatibility mode.
    Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select the operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older programs compatible with
    this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps installing keyboard drivers

1. Windows keeps installing keyboard drivers - Similar Threads - keeps installing keyboard

2. There is Keyboard Driver Issue Window 11 of Double Installation of keyboard Driver because...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is Keyboard Driver Issue Window 11 of Double Installation of keyboard Driver because...: Device Manger SnipsBecause of Double Installation of keyboard drivers ,keyboard do not work properly this is with widows 11 on Del Latitude laptop...
  3. There is Keyboard Driver Issue Window 11 of Double Installation of keyboard Driver because...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is Keyboard Driver Issue Window 11 of Double Installation of keyboard Driver because...: Device Manger SnipsBecause of Double Installation of keyboard drivers ,keyboard do not work properly this is with widows 11 on Del Latitude laptop...
  4. Windows 7 keeps reinstalling onboard keyboard drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 keeps reinstalling onboard keyboard drivers: Okay: Acer v3-371, i3 w/ Windows 7Keyboard is sending false keystrokes, down arrow and/or slash key.I've managed to somehow uninstall through device manager, but Windows 7 reinstalls all the drivers every time I restart. The same problem keeps happening. I'd like to...
  5. Windows 7 keeps reinstalling onboard keyboard drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 keeps reinstalling onboard keyboard drivers: Okay: Acer v3-371, i3 w/ Windows 7Keyboard is sending false keystrokes, down arrow and/or slash key.I've managed to somehow uninstall through device manager, but Windows 7 reinstalls all the drivers every time I restart. The same problem keeps happening. I'd like to...
  6. Keyboard driver keeps installing after Windows update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard driver keeps installing after Windows update 2004: My keyboard on my laptop is water damaged and keeps pressing + key. As a workaround, I uninstall my keyboard driver or use a different incorrect driver for my keyboard. This way only my external keyboard works and I can actually work on my laptop. However, every time my...
  7. Keyboard keeps getting corrupted drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard keeps getting corrupted drivers: Hello there, since 3 days ago, my laptop keys (enter, spacebar and backspace) stopped working and i figured out my drivers were probably corrupted so I reinstalled them. Everything worked out fine after it. The only problem im having now is that they keep getting corrupted...
  8. Windows keeps installing drivers without permission.

Windows keeps installing drivers without permission.: I have a TP Link T4U that I use to connect to wifi. Recently, its 5ghz band stopped working properly and I found out that whenever I try to connect to a 5ghz connection, Windows 10 installs a generic driver that breaks the adapter and forces me to uninstall and reinstall. How...
  9. Windows basic display driver is keeps installing......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows basic display driver is keeps installing......: [IMG][IMG][IMG]I have Intel display driver. I recently clean install windows 10. After that, default display driver is set to windows Microsoft basic display driver. So, I checked my Intel display driver in windows update and downloaded it and installed it. After,...
  10. Windows Update is paused but it keeps installing drivers

Windows Update is paused but it keeps installing drivers: I've tried: Updates are paused till 4th Feb 2020 Kept all connections as metered connections Removed old driver files using Driver Store Explorer Registry Group policy Hid sound driver using "Show or Hide updates" troubleshooter These sound driver updates are greyed...