Windows 10: Windows keeps logging me in even when I select shutdown

Discus and support Windows keeps logging me in even when I select shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear members, I've enabled autologin on my system. However since a while, every time I select shutdown, the system justs logs me off and immediately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chris415, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Chris415 Win User

Windows keeps logging me in even when I select shutdown

Dear members,

I've enabled autologin on my system. However since a while, every time I select shutdown, the system justs logs me off and immediately logs back on.

When I disable autologon, I get the logon screen. The same happens when I choose the "sleep" option.

Furthermore my system is supposed to hibernate after 1 hour but this nevers happens.

Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks for your help,

Chris.

:)

Chris415, Nov 16, 2016
  2. Liadie Win User

Can't log in to Windows 10

I have a brand new laptop pre-installed with windows 10 and I have the same issue, so don't spend money on a new laptop just yet!

I also didn't even have a Microsoft account when I first set up my laptop, I have just created one today.

At the moment I can still log in occasionally, after many tries, restarts and shutdowns, but even when I am logged on I can't change my password or create a pin as it keeps telling me my password is wrong.

This is just ridiculous!

Liadie, Nov 16, 2016
  3. What's this option in Windows Update

I have updated to Windows 10 Version 1709 Bild 16299.192 recently and

I have noticed that sometimes when i try to shutdown the computer

sometimes i got the message "other user is still logged in, do you want really to shutdown..."

but i am sure that since last computer start any other user has logged in, only me.

Could you please tell me, if this problem can be related to this option?

If the option is not selected, could it help?

Thank you.

wp7_mozart, Nov 16, 2016
Thema:

Windows keeps logging me in even when I select shutdown

1. Windows keeps logging me in even when I select shutdown - Similar Threads - keeps logging select

2. PC keeps restarting even when you press shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps restarting even when you press shutdown: My PC wont turn off and once you hit shutdown restart will be processed and it will boot again into desktop. The PC is only working properly but now it wont shuts itself....
  3. PC keeps restarting even when you press shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps restarting even when you press shutdown: My PC wont turn off and once you hit shutdown restart will be processed and it will boot again into desktop. The PC is only working properly but now it wont shuts itself....
  4. PC keeps restarting even when you press shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC will not power off when I select Shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not power off when I select Shutdown: I recently installed the latest round of updates to Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Optiplex 7040 desktop as shown below.Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 21H2Installed on ‎9/‎14/‎2020OS build 19044.1645Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  6. PC will not power off when I select Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not power off when I select Shutdown: I recently installed the latest round of updates to Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Optiplex 7040 desktop as shown below.Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 21H2Installed on ‎9/‎14/‎2020OS build 19044.1645Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  7. When I select shutdown, my computer hibernates.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I select shutdown, my computer hibernates.: When I turn on my computer after shutdown, everything is as it was before. How do i stop this? I have used these commands: powercfg.exe /hibernate off powercfg -h off...
  8. My Windows keeps logging me off even when playing a game

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Windows keeps logging me off even when playing a game: Hello everyone, I have been experiencing a random log off of my PC while I am using it for the last two weeks. I updated windows yesterday and I still got two log out this evening... any ideas, has anyone had such a problem?...
  9. Windows warns me that another user is logged in when I shutdown.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows warns me that another user is logged in when I shutdown.: Dear all, I have three user accounts (one admin and two normal) on my system (Windows 10 pro 64, 1709). I am using two of them regularly. For the past months, I have been running into messages saying that another user is logged in when I try to restart or shutdown, even...
  10. W10 installs Updates even when Power>Shutdown is selected.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 installs Updates even when Power>Shutdown is selected.: Almost every morning the two computers that have the ASRock Z97 Etreme6 MB's using the Intel I218-V controller are "awake". In each case a W10 update has been installed and in each case the system had been "Power>Shutdown" the night before. I have the Wake On... option...