Windows 10: Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in

Discus and support Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; 1) Windows can no longer find my PIN 2) Windows then allows me to click that I want to reset, so it asks me my password - & then logs me in, without... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Harold E1, Jul 11, 2019 at 7:37 PM.

1. Harold E1 Win User

Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in

1) Windows can no longer find my PIN

2) Windows then allows me to click that I want to reset, so it asks me my password - & then logs me in, without going through the PIN setup. I have to go to the Start menu & launch an app.

3) If I take too long when I finally get to the Reset PIN app, my screen goes blank & my PC freezes up tight. I need to do a cold boot.

The problem only started after 2 of the very recent Windows Update. BTW, I have had a LOT of issues that have only arisen since recent updates.

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro IV with Windows 10 Pro

:)

2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 doesn`t log in after update

Hi,

You may need to reset your password for you to access your account again. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you trying to log in to your Microsoft Account or to your Windows 10 local account?
    • Have you tried resetting your password?

Meanwhile, you're trying to log in to your Microsoft Account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

forum article
    shared by PaulSey on how to reset your password and recover your Microsoft Account.

If you're trying to log in to your Windows 10 local account, we suggest that you perform the instructions in this

article
    on how you can reset your Windows 10 local account.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

4. Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in

How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 11, 2019 at 7:43 PM
Thema:

Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in

1. Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in - Similar Threads - keeps losing PIN

2. My laptop wont let me log in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop wont let me log in.: So, I reset my laptop and now it wont let me log in. Any way you guys think I can log into it? It shows other user when I try to log in. I tried every single password I have. Please help...
  3. Pc refuses to let me log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pc refuses to let me log in: I turned my laptop into safe mode and i restarted by computer and now it says to log in, i have made sure i have used the correct password but my laptop refuses to log in so now im stuck logged out of my laptop...
  4. Pc doesn't let me in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc doesn't let me in: When i turn on pc, tha4 says if you want continue you need to log in with administrator account,but problem is that i don't have any accounts in problem. So im stuck. This all is after hard reset....
  5. Windows won't let me reset my computer

Windows won't let me reset my computer: I recently inherited a Dell Inspiron 5000 with Windows 10 installed, the computer has always been problematic so I tried to do a clean boot and follow a Youtube video on it. After that, I restarted the computer, I couldn't access wifi, sound, and pretty much anything on the...
  6. Let me log in without a password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Let me log in without a password: I don't want to be have to enter a password every time I open my computer. It's a desktop, no one is going to steal it. A password is useless. Just let me remove it without using a local account/adding a new account. There was a automatic log in that I had set up, but it is...
  7. Computer won't let me log on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't let me log on: I was able to log onto my computer last Friday, but when I tried to log in on Saturday, my computer said my password was incorrect. I checked, and it most certainly is not incorrect, so I tried following some guides on the website to fix it. My big issue is that once I click...
  8. Windows won't let me reset AND keep my files

Windows won't let me reset AND keep my files: So a few days back, my laptop asked for a restart after an upgrade and since then, it was displaying the error 0xc0000225. I managed to create an installation usb to repair my computer. Everything was going fine until it got stuck while resetting. When I try to boot again,...
  9. My laptop won't let me log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop won't let me log in: Every time I try to sign in, it says the password is wrong and that I should restart my laptop. Once I do, it finally works. McAfee Safe Connect always pops up once everything loads. Is this some sort of virus?...
  10. Reset pc, wont let me log in as administrator.

Reset pc, wont let me log in as administrator.: Hello, My computer had a lot of junk on it and it was clogging up hard drive space. This made me decide to reset it as if it was new again.this has all gone fine until the last part. Its all done and when its about to go into the home screen to log me in for the first...