Windows 10: Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in

Discus and support Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; 1) Windows can no longer find my PIN 2) Windows then allows me to click that I want to reset, so it asks me my password - & then logs me in, without... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Harold E1, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Harold E1 Win User

Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in

1) Windows can no longer find my PIN

2) Windows then allows me to click that I want to reset, so it asks me my password - & then logs me in, without going through the PIN setup. I have to go to the Start menu & launch an app.

3) If I take too long when I finally get to the Reset PIN app, my screen goes blank & my PC freezes up tight. I need to do a cold boot.

The problem only started after 2 of the very recent Windows Update. BTW, I have had a LOT of issues that have only arisen since recent updates.

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro IV with Windows 10 Pro

:)

Harold E1, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 doesn`t log in after update

Hi,

You may need to reset your password for you to access your account again. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you trying to log in to your Microsoft Account or to your Windows 10 local account?
    • Have you tried resetting your password?

Meanwhile, you're trying to log in to your Microsoft Account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

forum article
    shared by PaulSey on how to reset your password and recover your Microsoft Account.

If you're trying to log in to your Windows 10 local account, we suggest that you perform the instructions in this

article
    on how you can reset your Windows 10 local account.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 11, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in

How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in

1. Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in - Similar Threads - keeps losing PIN

2. My laptop won’t let me log in it keeps asking for a pin but won’t let me type the pin in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop won’t let me log in it keeps asking for a pin but won’t let me type the pin in: I tried creating the finger print and it won’t work now and won’t let me use my password or type in mypin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-let-me-log-in-it-keeps-asking-for-a/5305fffd-11dd-48a4-9989-97c4e1afb731
  3. My laptop won’t let me log in it keeps asking for a pin but won’t let me type the pin in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won’t let me log in it keeps asking for a pin but won’t let me type the pin in: I tried creating the finger print and it won’t work now and won’t let me use my password or type in mypin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-let-me-log-in-it-keeps-asking-for-a/5305fffd-11dd-48a4-9989-97c4e1afb731
  4. My laptop won’t let me log in it keeps asking for a pin but won’t let me type the pin in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows forcing me to reset my pin but won’t let me reset it

Windows forcing me to reset my pin but won’t let me reset it: My laptop must’ve updated or restarted because when I opened it after it being away a couple of hours I was prompted to enter my bitlocker key. I did and was eventually brought to the typical sign in screen. It told me to give my finger print. I did. Then it told me it...
  6. Windows forcing me to reset my pin but won’t let me reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows forcing me to reset my pin but won’t let me reset it: My laptop must’ve updated or restarted because when I opened it after it being away a couple of hours I was prompted to enter my bitlocker key. I did and was eventually brought to the typical sign in screen. It told me to give my finger print. I did. Then it told me it...
  7. Windows forcing me to reset my pin but won’t let me reset it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Won't let me use a PIN to log in....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Won't let me use a PIN to log in....: Windows claims I got my PIN wrong too many times and has locked it out. I can get in with the my password, but that is more difficult. It said I had to have the computer on for 2 hours to reset my PIN. So I left it on, but it didn't help. I deleted the PIN and tried to set...
  9. Will not let me log in with my pin

Will not let me log in with my pin: After performing a system restore because I was having problems with my audio I am unable to use my pin and get logged back into my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-let-me-log-in-with-my-pin/2717db6e-f5ef-4951-b5f5-f37da615d4c7
  10. Windows will not let me remove/change my log in PIN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows will not let me remove/change my log in PIN: Help - it keeps saying I dont have the option to change it, even though I made one in the first place! It's becoming REALLY annoying. submitted by /u/fizolu [link] [comments]...