Windows 10: Windows keeps pressing the arrow down key

Discus and support Windows keeps pressing the arrow down key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I seem to have a problem with my windows OS as it occasionally just keeps the down key pressed so I cannot use the menus or even change my sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Semi20, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Semi20 Win User

Windows keeps pressing the arrow down key

Hi I seem to have a problem with my windows OS as it occasionally just keeps the down key pressed so I cannot use the menus or even change my sound source. I know this is a windows issue and not a hardware issue as I work from home using the same setup on the same system but remotely login to my work server with no problems also Win10. Has anyone had this issue before or resolved this? as it can be quite frustrating at times.Also this issues occurs without my keyboard plugged in.

:)

Semi20, Jun 30, 2021

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Jun 30, 2021
  3. Mouse pointer moving on arrow keys pressed

I'm encountering a strange problem on my W10 computer, for a few days my arrow keys have been "driving" my mouse pointer. Pressing the left arrow key will move the pointer a few pixels left, etc.

The first thing that came to my mind was "oh well, I must have enabled Mouse Keys inadvertently". But Mouse Keys use the numpad and even then, it's not enabled. Rebooting doesn't help, but I've noticed it doesn't happen if the current window is ran as another user (Administrator) or if it's the Task Manager, which suggests the event filter that's catching the key press events is only active on my UID.

I've tried killing various processes but I'm running out of ideas. I'm fairly sure it's a dumb issue but it's been driving me nuts.

zdimension, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Ctrl + Alt + Arrow Key hotkey not working

Hi,

Keyboard features in Windows can make navigation, tasks, and functions quicker and easier. To provide you the appropriate resolution on how to make keyboard shortcuts working on your HP Pavilion, we would like to know more information. Kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Which version and OS build of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press
      Windows key, type winver then, press Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • When you press "Ctrl + Alt + Arrow key", what is your desired result?

Looking forward to your response for further assistance.

Julie Ram, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows keeps pressing the arrow down key - Similar Threads - keeps pressing arrow

2. tab and arrow key automatically pressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tab and arrow key automatically pressing: my tab and right arrow keys are pressed sutomatically , i have been facing this issue for quite some time now. I tried all the methods in this similar thread other than the keyboard driver uninstall since i have not attached any external keyboards...
  3. tab and arrow key automatically pressing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tab and arrow key automatically pressing: my tab and right arrow keys are pressed sutomatically , i have been facing this issue for quite some time now. I tried all the methods in this similar thread other than the keyboard driver uninstall since i have not attached any external keyboards...
  4. Windows 11 right arrow key press itself.

Windows 11 right arrow key press itself.: Sometimes I press the right arrow key on my laptop, it will keep pressing itself for a few second. I've been using Key Tweak to disable my right arrow key to stop this, but now I need to fix it.So far I've tried:1. Reset my computer.2. Run windows troubleshooter.3....
  5. up and down arrow keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    up and down arrow keys: whenever i press the down arrow key it goes down but then up again but when i hold it it works if i press the up-arrow key on the keyboard it goes up two times how do i fix this on the msi laptop...
  6. up and down arrow keys

up and down arrow keys: whenever i press the down arrow key it goes down but then up again but when i hold it it works if i press the up-arrow key on the keyboard it goes up two times how do i fix this on the msi laptop...
  7. Windows keeps pressing the arrow down key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows keeps pressing the arrow down key: Hi I seem to have a problem with my windows OS as it occasionally just keeps the down key pressed after the autoupdate of win 10. I know this is a windows issue cause my lap top and keyboard was working normally. Has anyone had this issue before or resolved this? as it can be...
  8. My Q key presses the up arrow key

My Q key presses the up arrow key: Hello! So, a few days ago, I was playing a game, which uses the Q key to dash. Then, suddenly, Q key was not working anymore. After a few tries, I realized the Q key was working, but not for up, left and right, only for down. I can't use the ctrl key anymore, and my q key is...
  9. down arrow key not worrking

in Windows 10 Customization
    down arrow key not worrking: so this is a software problem. i know this cause the down arrow key for the on screen keyboard also doesn't work iv gone through the following trying to fix it iv; cleaned out my keyboard, uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, reset my computer, and tried on screen...
  10. Windows down arrow key stuck?

Windows down arrow key stuck?: I have recently built my third computer, but the keyboard or something else seems to be wrong. The down arrow is not working properly, it is stuck in place. I have tried everything to get it to not be stuck. I first tried sticky keys, but that did nothing, I pulled up the...