Windows 10: Windows keeps prompting for same update

Discus and support Windows keeps prompting for same update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I keep getting prompted by Windows Update to install Windows Defender updates "Definition 1.287.385.0", "Definition 1.289.1599.0" and "Definition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChaimMKeller, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Windows keeps prompting for same update

I keep getting prompted by Windows Update to install Windows Defender updates "Definition 1.287.385.0", "Definition 1.289.1599.0" and "Definition 1.297.97.0". I install them, and it seems to work with no errors, but the next day I get prompted to install them again. What can I do to get this to stop?

:)

ChaimMKeller, Jun 30, 2019
  2. TC-man Win User

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Jun 30, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Subsystem ID mismatch

Run atiwinflash from the DOS prompt in Windows. Follow the steps listed in the HD6950 mod article for DOS flashing.

cadaveca, Jun 30, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows keeps prompting for same update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows keeps prompting for same update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows keeps prompting for same update

1. Windows keeps prompting for same update - Similar Threads - keeps prompting same

2. Windows update keeps downloading/installing same update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps downloading/installing same update: Hello,Windows update shows same update downloading and installing when clicking checking for updates.The update that keeps coming up: 2023-10 Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB4023057.Any ideas on clearing this?...
  3. Windows update keeps downloading/installing same update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update keeps downloading/installing same update: Hello,Windows update shows same update downloading and installing when clicking checking for updates.The update that keeps coming up: 2023-10 Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB4023057.Any ideas on clearing this?...
  4. Microsoft store keeps prompting that windows update is disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store keeps prompting that windows update is disabled: I was trying to install a VPN when the Microsoft store said an error had occurred. I saw the mistake and said that the Windows update was disabled. And when I try to enable windows update in services, it already says it is. Worse is that when I try to open any app from the...
  5. Microsoft store keeps prompting that windows update is disabled

Microsoft store keeps prompting that windows update is disabled: I was trying to install a VPN when the Microsoft store said an error had occurred. I saw the mistake and said that the Windows update was disabled. And when I try to enable windows update in services, it already says it is. Worse is that when I try to open any app from the...
  6. Windows Update keeps finding an installing the same update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update keeps finding an installing the same update: Hi.For a time ago, I installed the KB4023057 update in Windows Update.But every day, or after a restart, Windows Update finding the exact same update again, and is asking for it to be installed.If I press install, it installs for like two seconds and then finish with...
  7. Windows Update keeps finding an installing the same update

Windows Update keeps finding an installing the same update: Hi.For a time ago, I installed the KB4023057 update in Windows Update.But every day, or after a restart, Windows Update finding the exact same update again, and is asking for it to be installed.If I press install, it installs for like two seconds and then finish with...
  8. Windows 10 keeps updating the same update (version 2004)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps updating the same update (version 2004): I bought my laptop (Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53) in 2019. It has worked well up until sometime last year when I tried to update to vesion 2004. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now I am noticing glitches and other software errors and I need help fixing my problem. I...
  9. it keeps doing the same update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    it keeps doing the same update: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4483234) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-keeps-doing-the-same-update/beafed4e-1a92-4a7c-87d0-e13b3c639ea9
  10. Windows keeps update the same patch repeatly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows keeps update the same patch repeatly: This problem exists for about 2 months, windows update keeps download and install the same thing again and again. I tried to use Wureset Windows 10 (WuReset.bat), but it still happens after successfully applied the bat. The following are the information about my windows...