Windows 10: Windows keeps rearranging my desktop

Discus and support Windows keeps rearranging my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, I been having a particular problem with Windows 10 2004 version. Currently I am running OS build 19041.572. I have to monitors and I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HeavenDevils, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Windows keeps rearranging my desktop

Hello all,

I been having a particular problem with Windows 10 2004 version. Currently I am running OS build 19041.572. I have to monitors and I have them set to extend desktop. For whatever reason this update has messed up my desktop. I like to keep certain desktop icons on one monitor and other on my primary monitor. The previous update let me do this but now as soon as i refresh or resort is dumps all my icons on my primary monitor. I am already aware of solutions like reinstall drivers and disable auto arrange desktop and etc etc but they do not work plus all of them are to fix icons going from the primary to the secondary monitor. Mine is its going from the secondary to the primary monitor. Nothing else has changed except me updating to windows 2004 version. Any ideas to help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

HeavenDevils, Oct 26, 2020
  2. m3lis Win User

Desktop icons keep rearranging

Hello,

My desktop icons keep rearranging and windows explorer won't save the position I put them in.

I can rearrange them but when I click 'Refresh' or if I restart explorer or if I reboot they rearrange to another setup. This happens in both normal mode and safe mode.

I have tried all the solutions available on the internet with no luck, including the obvious ones (trying all the auto-arrange and grid options) and even some more complex ones (sfc, registry tweaks).

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

m3lis, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Desktop icons keep rearranging

This worked for me:
    *right click on a blank space on the desktop
    *the pop-up box shows "AMD Catalyst Control Center" first
    *left click on that.
    *sit back and wait a couple of minutes until the hour glass stops popping up.
    *problem solved. (at least for me.)
    Good Luck

Be the first person to mark this helpful

• Windows keeps rearranging my desktop [​IMG]

Still have questions?

Related Content

• Show more content like this

Windows keeps rearranging my desktop [​IMG]

celestialed, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Windows keeps rearranging my desktop

Desktop Keeps being rearranged

Hi Charlie,

One of the possible reasons why your desktop keeps getting rearranged is that your Windows needs to be updated. Follow the steps that you can find by clicking the link below. The link will not only show you how to update your Windows 10, it will also provide
    you several options that will enhance your experience with your Windows 10 computer.

Keep your PC up to date.

Update us of the result for us to assist you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps rearranging my desktop

1. Windows keeps rearranging my desktop - Similar Threads - keeps rearranging desktop

2. Help please! Windows keeps rearranging my desktop! [NOT rearranging icons, actual open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help please! Windows keeps rearranging my desktop! [NOT rearranging icons, actual open...: Every time the computer wakes from sleep, my desktop is a mess: all open windows from apps and from Win10 system dialogs are resized and moved to different locations on my display. I have turned OFF all 'snap' and 'multitasking' options, didn't help. I have also set my...
  3. Help please! Windows keeps rearranging my desktop! [NOT rearranging icons, actual open...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help please! Windows keeps rearranging my desktop! [NOT rearranging icons, actual open...: Every time the computer wakes from sleep, my desktop is a mess: all open windows from apps and from Win10 system dialogs are resized and moved to different locations on my display. I have turned OFF all 'snap' and 'multitasking' options, didn't help. I have also set my...
  4. Help please! Windows keeps rearranging my desktop! [NOT rearranging icons, actual open...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 keeps rearranging my desktop icons & folders!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps rearranging my desktop icons & folders!?: They went nuts the other day, all over the place & I thought maybe I'd clicked something by accident. I rearranged them manually to a layout that makes sense for me. Yesterday I turned my PC on & they're a jumbled mess again, all over the fucking place with random gaps...
  6. Desktop icons keep rearranging

Desktop icons keep rearranging: After rebooting the system, the desktop icons usually arrange in a different way than they used to be. I deleted the “IconCache” and checked “auto arrange icons”. I want them to be at fixed places....
  7. Desktop icons keep rearranging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons keep rearranging: when i rearrange position of the icon it will amass icon in 1 point, i have checked align icon to grid but it just like that again,don't know how to fix it[ATTACH] ***Changed title from Error icons***...
  8. Microsoft/Windows Keep Rearranging My Desktop Icons

Microsoft/Windows Keep Rearranging My Desktop Icons: I like to have my desktop icons in a certain order, but Microsoft/Windows keeps rearranging them. How do I prevent Microsoft/Windows from rearranging my icons and keep them in the order i want. Thanks in advance...
  9. Windows 10 Keeps Rearranging my desktop Icons

Windows 10 Keeps Rearranging my desktop Icons: Why does Windows 10 (64 bit Home, Pre Installed), Very Recently, keep Rearranging my Desktop Icons ?, Even Though, I have Now been informed to turn my desktop “Auto Arrange” Off, And When I do, On reboot, it turns it Back On! Is this Down to a recent Windows Update? As I Have...
  10. Desktop icons keep rearranging

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons keep rearranging: Hello, My desktop icons keep rearranging and windows explorer won't save the position I put them in. I can rearrange them but when I click 'Refresh' or if I restart explorer or if I reboot they rearrange to another setup. This happens in both normal mode and safe mode....