Windows 10: Windows keeps reducing my microphone volume

Discus and support Windows keeps reducing my microphone volume in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently my friends have told me that my mic was really quiet, but my gain was turned all the way up. I checked in the Windows settings, and I saw that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kayrodrigues, May 1, 2020.

1. Windows keeps reducing my microphone volume

Recently my friends have told me that my mic was really quiet, but my gain was turned all the way up. I checked in the Windows settings, and I saw that the volume was turned down to 30. I readjusted it, but when my microphone picks up any form of sound, it automatically re-adjusts. I turned off gain control in Discord and I disabled other apps controlling my microphone in the device properties but this still happens. The only application that use my microphone except Discord and Discord/Uplay is Razer Synapse (I don't have a Razer headset, I have no idea why Synapse uses my microphone) and Overwolf.

What keeps re-adjusting my microphone volume?

submitted by /u/kayrodrigues
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kayrodrigues, May 1, 2020
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, May 1, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 1, 2020
  4. Windows keeps reducing my microphone volume

How to raise microphone volume?

Hi vesvespa, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you check your microphone gain level. To do it, try the steps mentioned below:

Right click on Speaker icon (Volume settings) on the Taskbar

Choose Recording Devices

Click on Microphone and open the Properties

Finally, move the slider to choose the level. It will raise the Microphone and Microphone Boost option.

NighthawkX, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps reducing my microphone volume

1. Windows keeps reducing my microphone volume - Similar Threads - keeps reducing microphone

2. If Microphone is used other applications have their volume reduced.

in Windows 10 Customization
    If Microphone is used other applications have their volume reduced.: Acer Aspire VX5-591GSolutions tried :*Taskbar, Speaker right click, Sounds, Recording, Microphone, Advanced, Untick both in Exclusive mode*Taskbar, Speaker right click, Sounds, Communications, Do nothingAlternatively, I have tried to set to 'Mute all other sounds' instead of...
  3. If Microphone is used other applications have their volume reduced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If Microphone is used other applications have their volume reduced.: Acer Aspire VX5-591GSolutions tried :*Taskbar, Speaker right click, Sounds, Recording, Microphone, Advanced, Untick both in Exclusive mode*Taskbar, Speaker right click, Sounds, Communications, Do nothingAlternatively, I have tried to set to 'Mute all other sounds' instead of...
  4. If Microphone is used other applications have their volume reduced.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone volume keeps decreasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone volume keeps decreasing: I use Windows 11, and recently I am encountering a problem where my microphone volume keeps decreasing automatically whenever I am in a google meet or any other type of meeting. I switched off AGC in microphone properties and have also set "When windows detects communications...
  6. Microphone volume keeps decreasing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone volume keeps decreasing: I use Windows 11, and recently I am encountering a problem where my microphone volume keeps decreasing automatically whenever I am in a google meet or any other type of meeting. I switched off AGC in microphone properties and have also set "When windows detects communications...
  7. Microphone volume keeps resetting

Microphone volume keeps resetting: In the control panel, Hardware and Sound, Sound, Recording,"My microphone", Levels[ATTACH] i usually have the setting at 97, however recently the volume has been resetting to 66 for no apparent reason after 5-10 mins, even after I move it back to 97 again. I do not have...
  8. Volume reducing at night

Volume reducing at night: Hi All, I've an issue where my laptop reduces the max volume - it only seems to occur at night time, but to confuse things I've tried changing the time zone and rebooting so it was day time on the clock, but the issue persists. If I play a song and move the slider all...
  9. My Microphone keeps adjusting the volume automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Microphone keeps adjusting the volume automatically: I have purchased a Blue Yeti Nano and can't wait to use it to stream, however no matter how many times I set the volume to 50, when I speak the volume raises itself. I've seen several other people have the exact same issue and it's frustrating that the option I selected said...
  10. Skype reduces windows volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Skype reduces windows volume: Not sure if this is skype or windows. Out of the box, Windows is set to reduce volume on a call by 80%. Normally, I go in and change it to "do nothing" through the sound control panel, and it's fine. Now when I'm on a call, Skype reduces my volume, and windows still has "do...