Windows 10: Windows keeps refreshing on its own every couple of hours.

Discus and support Windows keeps refreshing on its own every couple of hours. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason, Windows will keep refreshing on its own at intervals of a couple of hours. This does not affect the functionalities of most programs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EMIREADS937, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Windows keeps refreshing on its own every couple of hours.

For some reason, Windows will keep refreshing on its own at intervals of a couple of hours. This does not affect the functionalities of most programs, but a few older programs are affected. Additionally, I checked to see if this was a result of any programs crashing or failing but I wasn’t able to find anything. I also don’t have IDT Audio on my PC (because I’m not supposed to have IDT Audio anyways I believe) and this sort of issue has never happened in any previous Windows 10 installations on this computer. Nothing I found on the internet helped to alleviate this problem. This is my final resort before completely resetting my PC after my current projects are finished.

submitted by /u/EMIREADS937
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EMIREADS937, Jul 20, 2020

2. Windows Update keeps installing updates every 4-5 hours

Since last couple of days my Windows 10 keeps installing updates every 4-5 hours.

It asks me to "Wait for an hour / restart now" pop-up.

I've tried the Windows Update troubleshooting EXE, but it did not fix the issue. Though it applied some fixes.

Some one please suggest some resolution.

Sameer Thigale, Aug 4, 2020
  3. PaulSzyd Win User
    Why did Windows 10 refresh on its own

My Windows 10 PC refreshed last night without any input from me. I woke up to the lock screen and a vastly different list of icons on my desktop, one of which was named "Removed Apps" (a Google Chrome icon). When I opened it, the title said "Apps removed
    while refreshing your PC". Items removed range from Microsoft Office 365 to Adobe Acrobat Reader to Intel Management Engine Components.

Also, when I look at Event Viewer, there is a gap with nothing listed from 6/7/2106 until this morning 10/3/2016 at 5:17:59 AM (Audit events have been dropped by the transport.)

Why did my PC refresh on its own?

How do I prevent this in the future?

Is there a way to restore without having to reinstall?

Thanks,

Paul

PaulSzyd, Aug 4, 2020
  4. LynneH208 Win User

Windows keeps refreshing on its own every couple of hours.

always having to sign in every couple of hours

I have windows 10 and a couple of weeks ago every hour I am asked to sign back in "windows needs my pin to continue" I could be in the middle of a email or game, watching a movie, running a scan or nothing and I don't put my computer to sleep or hibernate
    and I am asked to sign back in this is really getting bad I think a person should be able to use there computer when they want to not just keep signing in over and over and over again ,once is enough when you log into your computer you should be ready to go
    not signing in again and again and again I had to do this already writing this what is going on?

And forgot my outlook will not stay signed in have to sign back into it every single time even if I refresh I have to sign back in, the same with MSN home page does not stay signed in my xbox that to nothing stays signed in anymore tired of signing back
    into everything

LynneH208, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps refreshing on its own every couple of hours.

1. Windows keeps refreshing on its own every couple of hours. - Similar Threads - keeps refreshing own

2. Windows 10 Taskbar And Desktop Keeps Refreshing On Its Own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar And Desktop Keeps Refreshing On Its Own: HelloMy Pc's Taskbar and Desktop keeps refreshing on its own,İ know that microsoft Community asked it before but its not works.Like "sfc /scannow" not working beacuse i cant make the cmd adminastor cant do powershell adminWhy i can't? beacuse when i try to open them the...
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar And Desktop Keeps Refreshing On Its Own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Taskbar And Desktop Keeps Refreshing On Its Own: HelloMy Pc's Taskbar and Desktop keeps refreshing on its own,İ know that microsoft Community asked it before but its not works.Like "sfc /scannow" not working beacuse i cant make the cmd adminastor cant do powershell adminWhy i can't? beacuse when i try to open them the...
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar And Desktop Keeps Refreshing On Its Own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WINDOWS 10 TASKBAR AND DESKTOP KEPPS REFRESHING ON ITS OWN

WINDOWS 10 TASKBAR AND DESKTOP KEPPS REFRESHING ON ITS OWN: I am facing this issue from many months , my desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing itself and its very annoying , also when i open FILE EXPLORER after few seconds it closes in its own and i am unable to do my work . this problem alters my all works which i do regularly on my...
  6. Application closing on its own every 72 hours

Application closing on its own every 72 hours: Hello, Our company users windows 10 PC to run a radio dispatch console application. With out fail every 72 hours our application is closed by windows. No crash report no lock up or anything. It revieves a close message from windows for some reason. We have checked...
  7. Windows 10 Home -- Device Manager Refreshes Every Couple Of Seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home -- Device Manager Refreshes Every Couple Of Seconds: The Device Manager refreshes every couple of seconds. Running the current version of the system bios on HP. Running the current version of Windows 10 Home with current maintenance applied. Running the current version of each device driver. Use wireless network-attached HP...
  8. Just a couple of hours***

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just a couple of hours***: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/luaykashef [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsgj3f/just_a_couple_of_hours/
  9. have been getting Blue screens every hour to a couple of hours

have been getting Blue screens every hour to a couple of hours: Ive been getting blue screens every hour to a few hours seem to have started after i updated windows i did a fresh install that did nothing. i dont have anything over clocked, all my drivers all updated to their current i would be watching a video and bam blue screen hasent...
  10. Device Manager refreshing on its own

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager refreshing on its own: Tonight, I tried to look at my mouse properties in Device Manager. I wasn't able to do anything, because for some reason my Device Manager is refreshing every second. I can't click on anything and I don't know how to stop it from doing this. I don't have any idea where to...