Windows 10: Windows keeps reinstalling Realtek(R)

Discus and support Windows keeps reinstalling Realtek(R) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've been trying to uninstall Realtek(R) audio driver so i can install Realtek HD audio driver but whenever i try to do this the Realtek HD audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FoxNova202, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Windows keeps reinstalling Realtek(R)

So I've been trying to uninstall Realtek(R) audio driver so i can install Realtek HD audio driver but whenever i try to do this the Realtek HD audio installation has to restart my PC after it uninstalls Realtek(R) but once the PC finishes restarting it automatically reinstalls Realtek(R) before Realtek HD can install.

submitted by /u/FoxNova202
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FoxNova202, Oct 5, 2020
  2. OnePlus Win User

Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling?

Thanks for the suggestion, it's good to know i'm not the only one who has experience issues with uninstalling drivers in Windows 10. Unfortunately this didn't seem to work, i even uninstalled Realtek from Device Manager but it doesn't show up in the list.

OnePlus, Oct 5, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Windows keeps reinstalling Realtek(R) :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Oct 5, 2020
  4. OnePlus Win User

Windows keeps reinstalling Realtek(R)

Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling?

Hi guys,

I'm having an incredibly frustrating problem with my Windows 10 laptop. The laptop in question is a Clevo P650SE with the i7-4720HQ and GTX 970M. I reinstalled Windows last week and now i can't get rid of this damn Realtek driver. Whenever i uninstall the Realtek software from Control Panel, it comes straight back after a reboot. *Sad

A lot of websites suggest heading into the 'Device Installation Settings' and hitting 'No (Your device might not work as expected)' but this has no effect towards the issue. On previous builds of Windows 10 this worked fine, so i'm not sure what to do next.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OnePlus, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps reinstalling Realtek(R)

1. Windows keeps reinstalling Realtek(R) - Similar Threads - keeps reinstalling Realtek

2. DTS:X ultra not working after reinstall Realtek R audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DTS:X ultra not working after reinstall Realtek R audio: I have a Predator Triton 300 Predator PT315-52 Today I bought some new headphones to use, even so when connecting them I had some problems with the Realtek driver since it did not recognize them, so after trying a few things exactly uninstalling and having Windows reinstall...
  3. DTS:X ultra not working after reinstall Realtek R audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DTS:X ultra not working after reinstall Realtek R audio: I have a Predator Triton 300 Predator PT315-52 Today I bought some new headphones to use, even so when connecting them I had some problems with the Realtek driver since it did not recognize them, so after trying a few things exactly uninstalling and having Windows reinstall...
  4. DTS:X ultra not working after reinstall Realtek R audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek driver keeps reinstalling itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek driver keeps reinstalling itself: I have a Dell XPS 13 9300 and the Realtek driver for my device is faulty since its not recognizing my headphones when i unplug them after booting. So i removed the realtek driver and used the generic MS driver. Then, after I reboot, the Realtek Driver appears again. So I...
  6. Realtek (R) Audio

Realtek (R) Audio: Hey guys, so I have a problem with my sound and microphone. Everytime I use my mic my friends can hear my game sound and it's really annoying. (Echo) There's also a missing sound enhancement. Now I can't even hear anything and I don't know how to change Realtek (R) Audio to...
  7. Realtek R Audio not working

Realtek R Audio not working: Actually there was a horn sound from nowhere from yesterday when i started using Zoom. From then this problem is a lot, but when all the driversRealtek speaker, microphone and stereo mix microphone and stereo mix speaker were uninstalled. After restarting the computer,...
  8. Realtek driver keeps uninstalling and reinstalling another realtek driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek driver keeps uninstalling and reinstalling another realtek driver: Hello, I am trying to install the realtek driver r2.82 for the enhancements tab (particularly for the noise cancellation feature on the microphone) I've downloaded the driver and installed/restarted several times, but the old driver keeps being reinstalled. I tried going...
  9. Realtek(R) Audio?

Realtek(R) Audio?: Hello, I just purchased a new Laptop(Acer Aspire 3)and I open it and start to intall my usual software, and uninstall crappy programs etc. I would play some music in Aimp4, and then for the first time, I see and listened to Realtek(R) Audio. It only supports 16bit 44khz...
  10. Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling?

Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling?: Hi guys, I'm having an incredibly frustrating problem with my Windows 10 laptop. The laptop in question is a Clevo P650SE with the i7-4720HQ and GTX 970M. I reinstalled Windows last week and now i can't get rid of this damn Realtek driver. Whenever i uninstall the Realtek...