Windows 10: windows keeps reseting after i disabled prefetch

Discus and support windows keeps reseting after i disabled prefetch in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so...as the titlesays...i disabled prefetch on my pc because it was giving me 100%disk whenever i did anything.....but when i went to reset the pc(the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xWar91x, Aug 13, 2015.

1. xWar91x Win User

windows keeps reseting after i disabled prefetch

so...as the titlesays...i disabled prefetch on my pc because it was giving me 100%disk whenever i did anything.....but when i went to reset the pc(the instructions told me to) the pc began to do a disk scan and repair when it was booting...it didnt do anything so i trid to do a reset/system restore cant do either of them ahd now the system is on a reboot loop....so..would buying a new hard drive anr a new copy of windows fix this issue?

:)

xWar91x, Aug 13, 2015
  2. jzmack Win User

Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category: (63)

No kp41

I have been a week without crashing after trying these steps from a Japanese author. Effectively, you have to disable the Prefetch program, delete the files in the prefetch folder, reboot and change the replacement files to be read only to keep it from learning
    its way into being a bug.

jzmack, Aug 13, 2015
  3. A123 Win User
    Should Superfetch and Prefetch be disabled in Windows 10 Pro?

Should SuperFetch and Prefetch be disabled in the latest Windows 10 Pro that protects against Meltdown? I checked services and SuperFetch is running. I do not know if Prefetch is running, but my guess is that Prefetch is running. The pc is running with
    Windows 10 Pro on a fast SATA ssd. A hdd contains user data. Does the mix of a ssd with a hdd require SuperFetch and Prefetch for the latest Windows 10 Pro update that protects against Meltdown?

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings**

4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Aug 13, 2015
  5. xWar91x Win User
    i cant do any form of rollback the windows.old files were deleted

xWar91x, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows keeps reseting after i disabled prefetch - Similar Threads - keeps reseting disabled

2. prefetch folder setting resets

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    prefetch folder setting resets: hi,Why is it every night, when I go to open the prefetch folder, it will not open? Have to set to full control every night. The steps are in the screenshot. In the daytimes, no issues....
  3. prefetch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    prefetch: what happened to finding prefetch files after entering "run" in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prefetch/b8ccd906-2197-4bc2-8d2d-a5a3e7bb713e
  4. Prefetch files

Prefetch files: Yesterday i accidently deleted prefetch files from my computer and i recovered them by restoring them from my recycle bin is that okay ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prefetch-files/7f919965-092d-47ed-951f-537c167eb1cd
  5. I can not open prefetch

I can not open prefetch: I can not open prefetch from run or from c:/windows. it recuired a permission and when I click on continue the window crushes. even now I can not delete any folder which required permission. I'm attaching a photo which may clearify my question. When I click continue to the...
  6. Prefetch in Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Prefetch in Windows: Why is Windows running random programs in the background? E.g., SEARCHFILTERHOST.EXE, SEARCHPROTOCOLHOST.EXE, UPNP.EXE, its like running every 10 - 20 minutes. The mouse icons shows a loading circle when a random program is running. 150189
  7. Windows 10 Prefetch and Superfetch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Prefetch and Superfetch: OK, I recently upgraded by cloning my OS (Win 10 Pro) from an HDD to an SSD. I have been reading articles about prefetch and superfetch and how they are with SSd's. Well, I believe that Superfetch was indeed disabled by Win 10 when it realized I was now on an SSD. Being...
  8. Prefetch Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Prefetch Files: My Windows 10 was extremely slow and I tried everything to make it faster. I was told NOT to delete the prefetch files BUT never the less I tried and like magic, my Windows 10 was at least a dozen times faster. I did find that the startup was slower but the fact that it ran...
  9. Prefetch Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prefetch Question: Have a file in my prefetch I can find no info on. "dynrespri.7db" Anyone know what this associates with? Thanks. 44686
  10. Disable Prefetch & Superfetch

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Prefetch & Superfetch: Howdy, I've written a code in a batch file to disable Superfetch service and some other things. But the Superfetch part does not work? Code: SC Config Superfetch Start= Disabled SC Stop Superfetch[/quote] Output >> The specified service does not exist as an installed...