Windows 10: Windows Keeps Resetting my Desktop and Deletes My Downloads

Discus and support Windows Keeps Resetting my Desktop and Deletes My Downloads in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, whenever I start up or restart my computer, I sign in and my desktop is reset, my downloads and files are all gone. The desktop background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Iker777, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Iker777 Win User

Windows Keeps Resetting my Desktop and Deletes My Downloads

Hello, whenever I start up or restart my computer, I sign in and my desktop is reset, my downloads and files are all gone. The desktop background switches to the standard one every time this happens. How do i fix this? Please help!!!!

:)

Iker777, Dec 8, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Dec 8, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Keeps Resetting my Desktop and Deletes My Downloads - Similar Threads - Keeps Resetting Desktop

2. Windows 10 keeps deleting desktop files upon reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 keeps deleting desktop files upon reset: Hi All,Thanks in advance for reading this and for any offered advice!My laptop is a Lenovo Legion 7 running Windows 10. It overheated repeatedly in my laptop bag, turned off, and deleted my desktop files. I was able to recover older versions of these missing desktop files...
  3. Windows 10 keeps deleting desktop files upon reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps deleting desktop files upon reset: Hi All,Thanks in advance for reading this and for any offered advice!My laptop is a Lenovo Legion 7 running Windows 10. It overheated repeatedly in my laptop bag, turned off, and deleted my desktop files. I was able to recover older versions of these missing desktop files...
  4. Windows 10 keeps deleting desktop files upon reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After a Windows Update My Desktop Keeps Resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After a Windows Update My Desktop Keeps Resetting: So last night I updated and shutdown my laptop, Then, the next day when I turned my laptop on, I noticed that my desktop is different, such as the background, icons, and so I did a lot of personalizing to make it look as it usually is and after I'm done playing some games I...
  6. Windows 10 update reset my desktop and deleted my files

Windows 10 update reset my desktop and deleted my files: I was hit by the windows 10 update issue that deleted all of my files and settings. I have already uninstalled the updates and tried doing a re-start multiple times to no avail. I can see where the system created another user account and even tried creating a new user and...
  7. Recent Windows update keeps resetting my desktop and files.

Recent Windows update keeps resetting my desktop and files.: I recently had windows update my laptop and now every time it does a new update it resets pretty much everything. From my desktop to files to settings to erasing photos. I don't understand why because windows updates have never down this before....
  8. Windows 10 keeps resetting my desktop back to default.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps resetting my desktop back to default.: Okay wanting to find a fix for this. I have windows 10 version 1903 (OS build 18362.418) I shut down my pc when I turn it back on it says "preparing windows" then when its done and all that its removed my background, removed apps that ive installed and moves the icons back...
  9. Windows Update Keeps Resetting My Desktop and Settings

Windows Update Keeps Resetting My Desktop and Settings: The most recent Windows 10 update, at the end of August, has caused my laptop's desktop to reset each time I turn on or restart the system. Most of the desktop icons disappear and the background reverts to the default Windows image. On top of that, it seems that all of my...
  10. Windows 10 keeps deleting all my downloads from the download folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps deleting all my downloads from the download folder: Hi, Windows 10 keeps deleting all my downloads from the download folder when I do not want them to be deleted. Storage sense is turned off and there is no low storage issue there is plenty of space on my hard drives...