Windows 10: Windows keeps resetting on startup

Discus and support Windows keeps resetting on startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time i log in to my pc everything resets as if it was the first time i logged on to a new pc welcome to windows message included. This happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shadow037275, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Windows keeps resetting on startup

Every time i log in to my pc everything resets as if it was the first time i logged on to a new pc welcome to windows message included. This happened after an update that i am unable to uninstall, don't need people telling me how to uninstall cuz it doesn't work

:)

Shadow037275, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Language Hotkeys Keep resetting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Community, we appreciate the time and effort that you hacve invested in to fix the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like to know if the same issue persist in a different User Account as well?

I would suggest that you try the methods mentioned below to help us narrow down the cause of the issue.

Method 1: Safe Mode.

Log into safe mode to check if the issue occurs in that mode as well. To place your computer in Safe Mode follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button +R)

2. A dialog box will open type “msconfig”

3. Locate and select the Boot tab and select Safe with Minimal as option.

4. Restart Computer

Note: Follow the same procedure to undo Safe Mode, uncheck the Safe option and restart your system

Method 2: Clean Boot.

Place your computer in Clean Boot and check if the issue reappears while in Clean Boot. To do so follow the steps below.

• Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the ‘Run’ windows type
      ’MSCONFIG’
      and click ‘Ok’.
    • Click the ‘Boot’ tab and uncheck
      ‘Safe Boot’ option.
    • On the ‘General’ tab, click to select the option
      ‘Selective startup’, and then click to clear the option
      Load startup items
      check box.
    • On the ‘Services’ tab, click to select the
      ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ check box, and then click
      ‘Disable all’
    • On the ‘Startup’ tab, click ‘Open Task Manager’.
      In the Task Manager window under startup tab,
      right click on each startup item which are enabled and select ‘Disable’.
    • Click ‘OK’, and then click Restart.

Step B: Enable half of the services

a) Follow steps 1a and 1b to start the System Configuration utility.

b) Click the Services tab, and then click to select the
    Hide all Microsoft services check box.

c) Click to select half of the check boxes in the
    Service list.

d) Click OK, and then click
    Restart

• Step C: Determine whether the problem returns.

If the problem still occurs, repeat step 1 and step 2. In step 2, click to clear half of the check boxes that you originally selected in the
      Service list.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat step 1 and step 2. In step 2, select only half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
      Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If only one service is selected in the Service list, and you still experience the problem, the selected service causes the problem. Go to step 6. If no service causes this problem, go to
      Step 4.
    Step D: Enable half of the Startup items:

If no startup item causes this problem, a Microsoft service most likely causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat step 1 and step 2 without selecting the
    Hide all Microsoft services check box in either step.

• Step E: Determine whether the problem returns:

If the problem still occurs, repeat step 1 and step 4. In step 4, click to clear half of the check boxes that you originally selected in the
      Startup Item list.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat step 1 and step 4. In step 4, select only half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
      Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If only one startup item is selected in the
      Startup Item
      list, and you still experience the problem, the startup item that is selected in the list is the service that is causing the problem. Go to step 6.
    • If no startup item causes this problem, a Microsoft service most likely causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat step 1 and step 2 without selecting the
      Hide all Microsoft services check box in either step.

Step F: Resolve the problem:

After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then click
    to clear the check box for the problem item.

Step G: Reset the system to Normal startup mode:

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b) In the ‘Run’ windows type
    MSCONFIG and click ‘Ok’.

c) On the ‘General’ tab, click the
    ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.

d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click
    ‘Restart’.

Disclaimer: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" to reset computer
    as usual.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Windows keeps resetting on startup

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps resetting on startup

1. Windows keeps resetting on startup - Similar Threads - keeps resetting startup

2. Desktop image keeps being reset on startup to background color.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop image keeps being reset on startup to background color.: Why is my desktop background, a personal picture, missing upon every startup? It's always just the background color, no picture. I've checked syncing issues, it's not that....
  3. Laptop keeps on restarting without startup after resetting the PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keeps on restarting without startup after resetting the PC: I had reset my laptop from the settings option and selected remove all files option. It took around 2 hours and when I checked back it was turned off so I pressed the power button and it started by showing the “hp” logo then saying “PREPARING” followed by “ RESTARTING” and...
  4. Laptop keeps on restarting without startup after resetting the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps on restarting without startup after resetting the PC: I had reset my laptop from the settings option and selected remove all files option. It took around 2 hours and when I checked back it was turned off so I pressed the power button and it started by showing the “hp” logo then saying “PREPARING” followed by “ RESTARTING” and...
  5. Why do my monitor settings keep resetting on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my monitor settings keep resetting on startup?: I just built a new computer and every time I turn on my computer the monitors have reset. I have to go to display setting and change monitor 1 location from the left side to the right. I also have to go and change both of the monitors hz rate.Monitors: M27Q on display port...
  6. Why do my monitor settings keep resetting on startup?

Why do my monitor settings keep resetting on startup?: I just built a new computer and every time I turn on my computer the monitors have reset. I have to go to display setting and change monitor 1 location from the left side to the right. I also have to go and change both of the monitors hz rate.Monitors: M27Q on display port...
  7. Windows 10 keeps resetting my startup programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps resetting my startup programs: so this has been happening for a while now but Windows keeps turning off the start up programs that i have set to open on start up. I have to go to my start ups ant turn them on again and then restart my PC for them to run on startup. however, when I do an actual shut down,...
  8. Windows 10 keeps resetting my startup programs

Windows 10 keeps resetting my startup programs: so this has been happening for a while now but Windows keeps turning off the start up programs that i have set to open on start up. I have to go to my start ups ant turn them on again and then restart my PC for them to run on startup. however, when I do an actual shut down,...
  9. Windows 10 keeps resetting my startup programs

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Startup/reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup/reset: Hey, goodmorning or goodnight reader, I've been having problems starting my windows 10 Lenovo. When I turn on the laptop it tries to start up and says failed to do so, and when I tried to restart it, it says it could not restart it or something like that, and when I tried to...