Windows 10: Windows keeps restarting randomly without warning

Discus and support Windows keeps restarting randomly without warning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As stated above, my pc which runs on windows 10 keeps restarting randomly without warning. It's also very spontaneous. Some days it'll run fine, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EricL1717, Jul 24, 2021.

1. EricL1717 Win User

Windows keeps restarting randomly without warning

As stated above, my pc which runs on windows 10 keeps restarting randomly without warning. It's also very spontaneous. Some days it'll run fine, but others, it'll crash multiple times. This has been happening for a few months now. I thought the lastest windows updates would fix it, but it hasn't.I play Valorant and Sea of Thieves on my pc along with do schoolwork, and it has restarted while doing all of these. When it crashes, the screen turns black and the entire pc just restarts itself. Then when I go to check reliability report, it says:"Windows was not properly shut down. The previous syst

:)

EricL1717, Jul 24, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Laptop keeps randomly restarting

Hi Alex,

Your Windows 10 laptop may have encountered a system conflict that may have caused your laptop restart randomly. For us to help you with your Windows 10 concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type
      winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you have a third-party antivirus software installed?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jul 24, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    Windows 10 Randomly Restarts Laptop Without Warning

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop reboots by itself randomly. We suggest you to run the Hardware troubleshooter and System File Checker tool to scan for any corruptions that may be causing your system to reboot. Kindly follow the steps to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the left panel.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. Click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

To run the System File Checker tool, kindly refer to this article:
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jul 24, 2021
  4. harrinj2 Win User

Windows 10 restarts randomly without warning

Ever since we upgraded to Microsoft 10 (Home) in April we've had the system randomly stop and restart at least once a day. This is increasingly frustrating when working and gaming. There is no warning, it has nothing to do with updates.

I've tried to follow the advice of the many many other people who have had this problem, but as I no longer have our Windows 7 installation disk, we can't go back. I like Windows 10, I just want it to WORK.

I'm not a developer and I don't know what BIOS is, but if someone has some simple steps or advice for me, I'd be grateful.

harrinj2, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows keeps restarting randomly without warning - Similar Threads - keeps restarting randomly

2. PC is randomly restarting without any warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is randomly restarting without any warning: Split from this thread. I also facing same problem the PC is randomly restarting without any warning , even though my PC is fully updated still facing it what can i do...
  3. PC is randomly restarting without any warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is randomly restarting without any warning: Split from this thread. I also facing same problem the PC is randomly restarting without any warning , even though my PC is fully updated still facing it what can i do...
  4. Window restart without warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window restart without warning: When I run full virus scan, on a particular time suddenly window restart.... or When I play games it restarts but earlier same game run smoothly. I tried run virus scan in safe mode but safe mode too restart.... Plzz help Lenovo thinkcenter M38I5 4th gen2+2 gb ram128 gb ssd...
  5. Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning: About two weeks back I got a new laptop and almost everyday I seem to be facing restart issues. While working the screen goes black and the laptop restarts. This happens once almost everyday. There is some thermal throttling when it happens but the laptop doesn't seem to be...
  6. Computer keeps restarting without warning.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps restarting without warning.: Hi, a week ago my computer started to restart without warning and i didnt know what to do, i tried everything i could, i use sfc /scannow and DISM there were no corrupted files. i have tried to uninstall latest windows updates but they just reinstalled themselves as if...
  7. My pc keeps restarting without warning.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc keeps restarting without warning.: When I do some work on my pc for 15 minutes or so, it suddenly restarts without any warning. I've already tried to disable the automatic restart, but that doesn't seem to work. I've also tried moving the plug, but that doesn't seem to be the case. On the pc case, it shows a...
  8. Computer randomly restarts without warning.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly restarts without warning.: My computer restarts unexpectedly every few minutes. If I don't manage to force shutdown by holding down my desktop power button, then it will go into a loop where it starts up, attempts an automatic repair, blackscreens while the tower is still runningall peripherals...
  9. Restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting without warning: Sometimes when just watching a video on youtube, my Pc will restart. No blue screen, no errors. Where should I look to find out whats causing it? I'm pretty sure its not overheating because the temps average out at 40 celcius for gpu and cpu, well below their max. submitted...
  10. Computer restarts randomly without warning.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarts randomly without warning.: Hi everyone Ever since I bought this computer a year ago, my computer randomly crashes. It's often about 20 - 30 minutes after starting up, but not always. Sometimes it can be after several hours' use. There's no warning; nothing comes up to tell me the computer will...