Windows 10: Windows keeps restarting to desktop after about 1 - 2 minutes.

Discus and support Windows keeps restarting to desktop after about 1 - 2 minutes. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure if this is windows related or something else.. has happened since the most recent update. submitted by /u/Jonki4 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jonki4, Aug 30, 2020.

1. /u/Jonki4 Win User

Windows keeps restarting to desktop after about 1 - 2 minutes.

Not sure if this is windows related or something else.. has happened since the most recent update.

submitted by /u/Jonki4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jonki4, Aug 30, 2020
  2. e.Blue Win User

Remote desktop causing "Your PC will automatically restart in 1 minute"

I am experiencing this problem as well and it is a MAJOR ISSUE which I don't feel is being given the proper level of response. As best I can tell it has a series of easy reproducible steps.

• Configure a Windows 10 PC so that it has a blank password and boots directly to the desktop on bootup.
    • Attempt to RDP to the Windows 10 PC with the blank password from another requesting Windows PC.
    • Immediately receive a 1-minute shutdown message on the requesting PC.
    • Observe the requesting PC automatically restart within 1 minute, losing any work that wasn't able to be saved within the 1 minute.
    This alarming behavior is almost virus-like and puts any computer at risk of being unexpectedly shutdown by simply requesting a RDP session with a Windows 10 PC using a blank password.

e.Blue, Aug 30, 2020
  3. H.&.M Win User
    windows keeps restarting after 2 minutes.

I finally get to download windows 10 using windows update.

all is well, for 1-2 minutes then it keeps restarting then works for one minute. I get a blue screen with writing the top part says something about 15% and non execuate memory thing. I can use the net and everything, but only for a minute.

I was able to use windows 10 but only for 1 minute before it restarted again.a

Whats going on, whats the issue, I see other people have this same issue, so why has microsoft not fixed this.

How can I fix this. comp will only stay on for 1 minute before restarting

• Upgrading Windows Screen got all the way to 75% Total and 100% of the way through "installing features and drivers" - then restarted.
    • Prompted "Configuring settings? and "Updating your system" which displayed 100%
    Then was able to use computer for about 90 seconds sometimes 2 minutes.

• Then was prompted with a light blue screen with a ")=" sad face and error message "ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
    Then it restarted, I logged in, use the comp for 90 seocnds or 2 minutes, then it would restart again.

I was able to restore back to previous version and now I'm still on Windows 7.

MY SPECS

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name -----------------------

System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

System Model HP EliteBook 8570p

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3360M CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 68ICF Ver. F.62, 07-Apr-15

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

User Name -----------------------------

Time Zone ----------------------------------

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 3.93 GB

Available Physical Memory 2.42 GB

Total Virtual Memory 7.86 GB

Available Virtual Memory 5.63 GB

Page File Space 3.93 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

H.&.M, Aug 30, 2020
  4. H.&.M Win User

Windows 10 keeps restarting after 2 minutes

Anyone know why my computer keeps restarting, loads fine, I am able to put password in, I can see the desktop an use the net but 2 minutes it restarts or less

H.&.M, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows keeps restarting to desktop after about 1 - 2 minutes. - Similar Threads - keeps restarting desktop

2. PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes: Hello,I've been having this issue for a while and it has resurfaced once again. After checking the windows reliability monitor I am met with these issues:The hardware errors I do not know how to solve. However I believe them to be associated to my graphics card, as the issues...
  3. Windows 11 keep restarting in 1 minute and ask for update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keep restarting in 1 minute and ask for update: I tried to download an app from google,but after that all of the sudden my laptop keep saying it has a problem and will be restarted in 1 minute.Thought it was a virus but when i asked a technician he said it asked for an update.i tried to update it but the update cant be...
  4. Windows 11 keep restarting in 1 minute and ask for update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keep restarting in 1 minute and ask for update: I tried to download an app from google,but after that all of the sudden my laptop keep saying it has a problem and will be restarted in 1 minute.Thought it was a virus but when i asked a technician he said it asked for an update.i tried to update it but the update cant be...
  5. 2 minutes on restart screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 minutes on restart screen: I recenlty noticed that my windows 10 pc takes a lot to restart (stays more than 2 minutes on that restart screen with those spinning dots). Shutdown takes less than 10 seconds and starting from shutdown takes about 15 seconds, the only problem is that part of restart with...
  6. Surface book keeps dimming after about 1 minute started recently

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface book keeps dimming after about 1 minute started recently: Surface book keeps dimming after about 1 minute started recently. The screen just dims down after a minute of not touching a key, which is awfully annoying when watching Netflix or something. doesn't matter if its plugged in or not. started happening about 6 weeks ago....
  7. Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute: I had updated windows 10 in November for the November update and since then, after 1 minute of inactivity the screen would turn off then when I do something it would just show up on the lock screen. These are the current settings for my power plan. How could I fix this? It is...
  8. laptop freezes about 1 minute after booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop freezes about 1 minute after booting: Hi, i have a samsung series 9 laptop and it has windows 10. I started getting this problem today. When i boot my laptop, i can log in and open browser and do all the usual things i can until about 1 minute after booting. It just freezes and i can't click or type anything....
  9. Automatically Restart in 1 Minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically Restart in 1 Minute: I have this prompt "Your PC will Automatically Restart in 1 Minute". And keeps on restarting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/automatically-restart-in-1-minute/6b01302a-f856-4a54-ba09-5e4cf17dee6f
  10. Freeze about 1 minute after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze about 1 minute after boot: Hello, My laptop runs fine in safe mode - W10/0/15063 When I boot in normal mode about 1 minute after booted the PC freezes - I have tried to restore/reset etc - I do not have - this is not possible. I have run sfc/scannow - no errors Help - where should I start...