Windows 10: Windows keeps restarting without my permission while I'm asleep

Discus and support Windows keeps restarting without my permission while I'm asleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I don't generally like turning off my computer since it closes everything I have open. I generally just shut my laptop and get in bed. However, an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Roadhog360, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Windows keeps restarting without my permission while I'm asleep

I don't generally like turning off my computer since it closes everything I have open. I generally just shut my laptop and get in bed. However, an issue that occasionally comes up has been bothering me. Sometimes I'll wake up and my PC has been restarted for absolutely no reason at all. A few nights I've even heard the noise my PC makes when starting up play.

It's not forcing an update, these restarts don't progress the system's version. There's no error in the event viewer, I've looked here as other people get this too, so blue screen can't be the cause. Nobody is coming in to my room to restart it. Why does my PC keep restarting without my permission, and why is it only during the night while I'm not using my PC? It has NEVER happened during the day while I am using the computer.

:)

Roadhog360, Jul 13, 2019
  2. ChaoticBlankness, Jul 13, 2019
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Windows keeps restarting without my permission while I'm asleep

little cat, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows keeps restarting without my permission while I'm asleep

1. Windows keeps restarting without my permission while I'm asleep - Similar Threads - keeps restarting without

2. BSOD happens almost every night while I'm asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD happens almost every night while I'm asleep: It's getting increasingly more frustrating as I need to leave my work open and constantly restoring and losing these files is driving me insane. Every night as I go to sleep my computer will blue screen at some point in the night. I've been trying to fix this issue to no...
  3. BSOD happens almost every night while I'm asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD happens almost every night while I'm asleep: It's getting increasingly more frustrating as I need to leave my work open and constantly restoring and losing these files is driving me insane. Every night as I go to sleep my computer will blue screen at some point in the night. I've been trying to fix this issue to no...
  4. BSOD happens almost every night while I'm asleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why does my computer restart while asleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer restart while asleep?: For the last month or so sometimes when my computer is asleep it will have restarted and the programs I had open will not be open due to the restart. I'm not sure what's causing this issue and would greatly appreciate any help....
  6. Why does my computer restart while asleep?

Why does my computer restart while asleep?: For the last month or so sometimes when my computer is asleep it will have restarted and the programs I had open will not be open due to the restart. I'm not sure what's causing this issue and would greatly appreciate any help....
  7. My wifi disconnects while asleep

My wifi disconnects while asleep: What's up y'all. I got a new lenovo ideapad flex 5 running windows 11 and it disconnects from the wifi on sleep mode. does anyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-disconnects-while-asleep/92b823fb-b509-4189-bd95-dd79f04712cc
  8. Windows restarted for an update without my permission while downloading a game from the...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows restarted for an update without my permission while downloading a game from the...: Whenever I try and download the game now it gets stops at 72.37 MB downloaded and checking product files. I have tried most solutions found on any from the microsoft forums and do not know what to do anymore. Will refunding the game through the microsoft store help at all? I...
  9. Updates while the Surface is asleep and without internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates while the Surface is asleep and without internet: Is it possible for windows to update on a schedule while the Surface is in a sleep mode and without an active internet connection? More specifically, can it download the updates while connected to the internet, then at a later scheduled time install those updates while asleep...
  10. Clock keeps changed ahead while asleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clock keeps changed ahead while asleep: Have an older HP Envy 27in All-in-one on Win10. Clock for the last couple months keep moving ahead very fast every time it sleeps. I've checked BIOS and the clock is running 4 secs for every 1 actual second. I changed battery just to be sure. It's still doing it. Overnight...