Windows 10: Windows keeps restarting without my permission while I'm asleep

Discus and support Windows keeps restarting without my permission while I'm asleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I don't generally like turning off my computer since it closes everything I have open. I generally just shut my laptop and get in bed. However, an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Roadhog360, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Windows keeps restarting without my permission while I'm asleep

I don't generally like turning off my computer since it closes everything I have open. I generally just shut my laptop and get in bed. However, an issue that occasionally comes up has been bothering me. Sometimes I'll wake up and my PC has been restarted for absolutely no reason at all. A few nights I've even heard the noise my PC makes when starting up play.

It's not forcing an update, these restarts don't progress the system's version. There's no error in the event viewer, I've looked here as other people get this too, so blue screen can't be the cause. Nobody is coming in to my room to restart it. Why does my PC keep restarting without my permission, and why is it only during the night while I'm not using my PC? It has NEVER happened during the day while I am using the computer.

:)

Roadhog360, Jul 13, 2019
  2. ChaoticBlankness, Jul 13, 2019
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Windows keeps restarting without my permission while I'm asleep

little cat, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows keeps restarting without my permission while I'm asleep

1. Windows keeps restarting without my permission while I'm asleep - Similar Threads - keeps restarting without

2. Surface Pro 4 restarts without permission or warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 4 restarts without permission or warning: Why does this happen? My tablet frequently decides to restart itself without giving me prior warning. When it restarts, it's not updating itself... For example, it decided to restart around 8:30 AM but when I checked Windows Update History, the last update was 24 hours...
  3. Windows 10 uninstalling apps without my permission

Windows 10 uninstalling apps without my permission: Hi. I am a CS student and there are several apps I need installed on my PC (even if they are not compatible with it or slow it down). Just now I have found out Windows 10 silently uninstalled Meld and Visual Studio Code without my knowledge, let alone my permission. I've read...
  4. My pc keeps restarting

My pc keeps restarting: My father gave me a old computer and a little later the pc couldnt start on it got to the first step when its all black only the windows logo and the dots but them it showthat someghong went wrong the pc just restarted then it showed diagnosting the pc then tabt the pc didnt...
  5. File backup while system is asleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File backup while system is asleep: I have my Windows 10 PC set up to go to sleep after 2 hours of inactivity. I am trying to decide on some file backup software. I have looked at Aoemi and the software that came with my Western Digital external drive. None of them seem to work while the system is asleep....
  6. Windows update without Permission?

Windows update without Permission?: Last night left computer running, because it was connected to automation printer which ran program directly from computer. Woke up found that my PC has been restarted because of some small update. Whole 8 hour printing work gone and materjal lost from it? Seriously whose...
  7. Facebook keeps constantly resetting while I'm using it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facebook keeps constantly resetting while I'm using it: Facebook keeps constantly resetting while I'm using it. No problem on any other sites. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/facedbook/24fdd370-b7df-4b9e-b935-b89f692f03f4
  8. Backup while PC asleep

Backup while PC asleep: I have scheduled my PC, running Windows 10, to backup to an external hard disk at 2am. As I am sure you know, having read so many complaints on different websites, this doesn't work because the PC is in sleep mode and doesn't wake up to perform the task. The result is...
  9. Windows 10 Changed My Sign-on Without My Permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Changed My Sign-on Without My Permission: Frankly, my migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 was relatively smooth. Thanks to all the online advice about download and installation, any glitches I've encountered have been resolved.....until yesterday. I do not live my life online so the need to create a Microsoft...
  10. My computer is asleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer is asleep.: I put windows 10 to sleep and can't wake it up! I can't find where anyone has found a solution. What can I do? I can't use my computer! 36343