Windows 10: Windows keeps reverting advanced sound settings to the wrong quality

Discus and support Windows keeps reverting advanced sound settings to the wrong quality in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I startup my system, the sound quality always changes to "2 Channel, 24 bit, 44100 Hz DVD Quality" on both my microphone and Speaker. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brendan Dicks, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Windows keeps reverting advanced sound settings to the wrong quality

Whenever I startup my system, the sound quality always changes to "2 Channel, 24 bit, 44100 Hz DVD Quality" on both my microphone and Speaker. The Sound quality that usually works is "2 channel, 32 bit, 48000 Hz Studio Quality".

This isn't just limited to startup... this can happen at random times while the system keeps running.

I've found that switching it from "44100 HzDVD Quality" to "48000 HzDVD Quality" and back to "48000 HzStudio Quality" restores my sound for a while until I stop using my computer and sound devices. Then it goes right back to "44100 HzDVD Quality". This even happens within 5 minutes of no sound activity sometimes while I use my computer.

My computer's sound completely crashed once and I had to restart to fix it.

I'm running Windows 10 with an "M-track Audio 2x2" audio interface.

I've tried reinstalling the driver multiple times with no success.

I've tried a Windows 10 reset and thought it was fixed, but 2 days later, the problem resurfaced.

This is an incredibly annoying issue and I would greatly appreciate a solution.

:)

Brendan Dicks, Dec 7, 2020
  2. Smittychat., Dec 7, 2020
  3. Jodpur Win User
    Realtek HD Audio low and bad quality sound after Windows 10 upgrade

Do the following steps:

1. Go into Sound.
    2. Properties.
    3. Advanced and change the sound quality from CD to DVD quality.

It worked for me.

Jodpur, Dec 7, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Windows keeps reverting advanced sound settings to the wrong quality

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps reverting advanced sound settings to the wrong quality

1. Windows keeps reverting advanced sound settings to the wrong quality - Similar Threads - keeps reverting advanced

2. Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder: Hi I was messing with the advanced security setting for WindowApps folder in my company laptop and wish to revert the owner back to "Unable to display current owner" which is the default setting see screenshot 1. Currently it is "SYSTEM" see screenshot 2. Thank you.For some...
  3. Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder: Hi I was messing with the advanced security setting for WindowApps folder in my company laptop and wish to revert the owner back to "Unable to display current owner" which is the default setting see screenshot 1. Currently it is "SYSTEM" see screenshot 2. Thank you.For some...
  4. Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows sound keeps changing sound settings and reverting to stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sound keeps changing sound settings and reverting to stereo: Nearly every time I go to play something I have to right click on the sound icon in the toolbar and reselect ATMOS. Windows constantly sets the sound output to STEREO.I have seen this question asked several times and each time the suggestion is to re-install the sound...
  6. Windows sound keeps changing sound settings and reverting to stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sound keeps changing sound settings and reverting to stereo: Nearly every time I go to play something I have to right click on the sound icon in the toolbar and reselect ATMOS. Windows constantly sets the sound output to STEREO.I have seen this question asked several times and each time the suggestion is to re-install the sound...
  7. Windows sound keeps changing sound settings and reverting to stereo

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Advanced system sound settings

Advanced system sound settings: Are there any ways to configure the Open/Close Program Sound further, into foreground/background programs only/both? I would like the sound to be played whenever I run/close a Program, but not every time a Background Process starts/ends. It causes nuisance more annoying than...
  9. Windows 10 advanced sound settings.

Windows 10 advanced sound settings.: Under Advanced sound options, separate volume controls are listed for some apps. For example, I see Firefox and Thunderbird. But why not iTunes, or Chrome, or Edge, or Spotify and similar apps? I discovered this when I was diagnosing why Firefox audio would come out of my USB...
  10. sound settings revert to defaults

in Windows 10 Support
    sound settings revert to defaults: I've set the audio settings and saved them SEVERAL times. I know how to do it correctly. Windows 10 will not save my settings. They revert to the defaults. When I select any of my saved schemes, every sound is the default. AARRGGHH!! *Mad 29207

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 back up Advanced sound options