Windows 10: Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup

Discus and support Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; why does windows keep selecting selective startup rather than normal startup, when it picks selective startup it stops me from being able to launch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DGW04, Jun 4, 2020.

1. /u/DGW04 Win User

Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup

why does windows keep selecting selective startup rather than normal startup, when it picks selective startup it stops me from being able to launch certain programs as it disables most of them

submitted by /u/DGW04
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DGW04, Jun 4, 2020

2. cannot return to normal startup in MSCONFIG after running it in diagnostic startup.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are not able to boot to in normal mode. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Did you follow the below steps to enable the Normal startup?

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.
    If yes, you may follow the below steps to check if the computer boots to selective startup:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Select the General tab.
    • Select the Selective startup option, check the box for load startup services, load startup items, use original boot configuration will be enabled.
    • Restart the computer.
    If it boots successfully to selective startup then you can boot to normal startup from selective startup.

Please check the above scenario and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jun 4, 2020
  3. PaulHP22 Win User
    MSCONFIG defaults to selective startup

This is a new computer. Has updated since installation. MSCONFIG can't stay set at "normal" startup. Continually defaults to "selective". Have tried suggested Microsoft fix. Does not work. Any suggestions?

PaulHP22, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup

MSCONFIG/General/ Selective startup

Hello Pinefang,

It's normal. As long as everything is checked under "Selective startup", you're good to go. Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup :)

Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup [​IMG]

Brink, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup - Similar Threads - Keeps Selecting Selective

2. MSCONFIG: Startup selection always reverting to selective after setting it to normal

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSCONFIG: Startup selection always reverting to selective after setting it to normal: In System Configuration, the Startup selection is set to selective and whenever I apply, it keeps on reverting to selective. I need this changed because I need normal for it to start my device drivers because I need to manually do it, and it gets really annoyingto have to do...
  3. Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup: When I select "normal startup" in System Config it always reverts back to "selective startup". All the boxes in Advanced T. S.have been cleared. I have read on this forum I'm not alone with this issue and isn't really a problem. My question is if I select the " make all boot...
  4. unable to change selective startup to normal startup

unable to change selective startup to normal startup: whenever I tried to change selective startup to normal startup. After restart again it shifted back to selective startup.what should i do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-selective-startup-to-normal/361df569-9abf-4118-a15c-fa15885b2100
  5. set selective startup to normal startup

set selective startup to normal startup: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amw9ge5K2qfAc4ecpewnu1YUwU0?e=PpCP9eon selecting normal startupafter restart it back switch into selective startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-selective-startup-to-normal-startup/4462d18e-c5e1-4939-86d4-7f38755e6759
  6. Msconfig is selective not normal

Msconfig is selective not normal: I have tried to set to normal by applying but it reverts to selective. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-is-selective-not-normal/4f88e2be-a92d-4996-a591-7e170852ec2b
  7. Help with changes in MSCONFIG Selective Startup

Help with changes in MSCONFIG Selective Startup: I went into MSCONFIG - changed to Selective Startup in System Configuration. Now I am trying to change back to Normal- the apply button wont highlight for use [IMG]...
  8. MSCONFIG/General/ Selective startup

in Windows 10 Support
    MSCONFIG/General/ Selective startup: I can't get my PC to do a normal start up. When I select normal start up in MSCONFIG and hit apply and boot it reverts to Selective start up. However everything appears to be working normally. I'm not sure if it is or if it is actually doing a Selective start up. Any ideas?...
  9. MSConfig & Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    MSConfig & Selective Startup: So msconfig is driving me nuts as whenever i just click normal or diagonstic boot it reverts to selective startup. I had this issue in Windows 7 and i fixed it somehow. Any help? 9138
  10. startup selective not normal.

in Windows 10 Support
    startup selective not normal.: My startup always returns to selective, i don't know why. 44150

Users found this page by searching for:

1. normal start up switching unselecting windows20