Windows 10: Windows keeps shutting down even though battery is full

Discus and support Windows keeps shutting down even though battery is full in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Acer S7 with windows 10. Was working fine. But in last week, something changed, perhaps a windows update, and my laptop doesn't stay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by piyankajain, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Windows keeps shutting down even though battery is full

Hi,

I have an Acer S7 with windows 10. Was working fine. But in last week, something changed, perhaps a windows update, and my laptop doesn't stay on without power plugged I'm even though the battery is full. I have since then did the usual battery reset, deleted battery drivers, held down power for 30 seconds and no solve.

Can somebody help?

:)

piyankajain, Aug 29, 2019

2. New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Dano 00TA Win User
    Bios keeps resetting...not the battery

I'm having problems with a abit AW9D Max board in an older build of mine that keeps resetting the bios everytime I shut it down. The time is ok so I assume it's not the battery but the other settings such as Uguru setting, ram and other stuff resets to defaults*Wtf :wtf: I've had this computer for a few years with nothing like this happening till now. I'd just leave everything at default but the Uguru alarm goes off whenever I start it and I have to disable it in the bios. Any suggestions on what I can try?

Dano 00TA, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Windows keeps shutting down even though battery is full

After windows 10 install, laptop won't run on battery

To further isolate the issue, please follow the steps below to check if it's a driver issue or if the battery itself is malfunctioning:

• Shut down your device.
    • Remove battery.
    • Boot up on AC power.
    • Uninstall the ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver on Device manager.
    • Shut down.
    • Re-insert battery.
    • Reboot.

Keep us posted if the method works.

Radney Dri, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows keeps shutting down even though battery is full

1. Windows keeps shutting down even though battery is full - Similar Threads - keeps shutting down

2. battery decrease even though the laptop shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery decrease even though the laptop shut down: i will upload the screenshot of my battery usage for the last 7 daysas you can see on april 4 the battery decreasing, i never use my laptop on that date. Also the "screen on daily average 20h 48min" i never use my laptop for that long daily, its only 2-5 hours daily. can...
  3. battery decrease even though the laptop shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery decrease even though the laptop shut down: i will upload the screenshot of my battery usage for the last 7 daysas you can see on april 4 the battery decreasing, i never use my laptop on that date. Also the "screen on daily average 20h 48min" i never use my laptop for that long daily, its only 2-5 hours daily. can...
  4. My chillblast gaming pc keeps shutting down even though the battery says its on 50 or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My chillblast gaming pc keeps shutting down even though the battery says its on 50 or...: My chillblast gaming pc keeps shutting down/turning off even though the battery says its on 50 or 40percent, it started a year after i got the pc and i have not dropped or damaged the pc in anyway and it was on windows 10 at the time before the windows 11 update, after I...
  5. My chillblast gaming pc keeps shutting down even though the battery says its on 50 or...

My chillblast gaming pc keeps shutting down even though the battery says its on 50 or...: My chillblast gaming pc keeps shutting down/turning off even though the battery says its on 50 or 40percent, it started a year after i got the pc and i have not dropped or damaged the pc in anyway and it was on windows 10 at the time before the windows 11 update, after I...
  6. Laptop shuts down even when there's enough battery!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down even when there's enough battery!: The title says it allThe laptop shuts down- with a warning that comes a split second before it shuts down. Honestly, that isn't enough time to turn on the switch. The last time this happened, my HP laptop had more than 40% charging I'm sure and yet!My earlier post regarding...
  7. Laptop shuts down even when there's enough battery!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down even when there's enough battery!: The title says it allThe laptop shuts down- with a warning that comes a split second before it shuts down. Honestly, that isn't enough time to turn on the switch. The last time this happened, my HP laptop had more than 40% charging I'm sure and yet!My earlier post regarding...
  8. Laptop shuts down even when there's enough battery!

9. Laptop shuts down even when it have some battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down even when it have some battery: The last when my pc shuts down I noticed I had a battery of approx 30%. I usually shut down when it reaches near 30%. Please help me I am not able to properly work on my pc. My pc is Acer Predator Helios 300. Abhay...
  10. Windows 10 Shut down , even with 50% battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Shut down , even with 50% battery: My windows 10 shuts down frequently some times due to some low battery , ti dont even gives an low battery notification. Today it shut down on 67% battery . Pleas help.....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ebike shutting down even battery if full

2. feature update to windows 10 version 1903 - error 0xc1900223 acer computer