Windows 10: Windows keeps staying on high RAM

Discus and support Windows keeps staying on high RAM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer recently crashed since I tried to screenshot something in a game. With every program (things like discord, steam, chrome, etc...) it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bruhmehzy, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Windows keeps staying on high RAM

My computer recently crashed since I tried to screenshot something in a game. With every program (things like discord, steam, chrome, etc...) it still stays on 10gb (I have 2x8 2900MHz). I ran rammap and it's 9gb now. Does anyone know the solution?

submitted by /u/bruhmehzy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bruhmehzy, Aug 1, 2020

2. high ram usage windows 10 while gaming

Hi Abhay,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I would like to inform that usually when you are trying to play games RAM usage will be high.

To see if any other Third party software are accessing high usage of RAM, I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: If the issue still persists then,

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Refer to "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 1, 2020
  3. GBCrosby Win User
    System and compressed memory high disk usage during file copy

Thank you Amarjeet_Paul.

I spent many more hours than I had hoped this past week reading and trying others' suggestions from this community on how to reduce high RAM usage due to ntoskrnl.exe. The "System and compressed memory" process remained the top consumer of RAM, using 500-900MB,
    among all other processes running. I deemed it to be the likely culprit in making my computer use frustratingly sluggish. After completing your
    third step, steps 1. & 2. provided no improvement in my case, the "System and compressed memory" process RAM usage has plummeted from the top of the Task Manager Process list to the bottom, running at a remarkable 0.1MB! That's a whole lot less than
    1% of the targeted process' gluttony. You're hired! Ps. I'll be keeping an eye on the process' use as I get back to normal operations, and be back if it floats to high in the list. Or if the registry fix you suggested has compromised use in any way. Please
    explain in simple terms what the insertion of your registry modification is doing.

Thanks again.

Geoff

GBCrosby, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows keeps staying on high RAM

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps staying on high RAM

1. Windows keeps staying on high RAM - Similar Threads - keeps staying high

2. High RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High RAM Usage: Hi, I am facing problems with the system memory, even being 8GB the RAM usage at idle is 55%Meaning any emulator, or heavy game literally brings it to 99%, CANT EVEN IMAGINE 99%!...
  3. High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ram Usage: Hi there, So this is the problem, From the time I bought this brand new IdeaPad Flex 5 itlo5 14" laptop, there has always been high ram usage when I look in task manager. The ram usage has always been around 80%. I have tried to clean install windows which removes all...
  4. High ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High ram usage: I recently shifted from from using linux to windows and out of 8 gigs of ram 6.2 gigs is used just with 4 tabs of edge and 2 light weight apps open. The cpu temp is also averaging about 55-60 degree C, although cpu consumption is not high . Is this normal for windows 10(Last...
  5. High usage in RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High usage in RAM: Hello sir/ma'am, From last 10 days, I am facing the issue regarding RAM deficiency. Inspite of having 12Gi RAM in my Laptop, it uses 10.2Gi RAM. It is the case when after restarting my Laptop, when even not a single process is running. Why so ?? Please help me to resolve the...
  6. high ram usage

high ram usage: [ATTACH][ATTACH] In a few days, ago my ram usage is very in a 2 or more app open. and I have 60% in no app I cant do work on my pc and' I have 4GB' ram please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-usage/21f73eed-4478-4761-8517-56f96820e39b
  7. HIGH RAM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HIGH RAM: I recently bough a new acer laptop, and i have only few installed apps. And even in startup when i open task manager, it shows, 60% memory is used when no apps are open, and if i open just two apps like for example opera browser and zoom, the memory usage goes to 80-90%. Why...
  8. Windows High Ram Usage

Windows High Ram Usage: My windows 10 Laptop with 8GB Ram, has 95% Memory Usage even when the PC is idle. Also a whole lot of ram around 400MB is used by Anti-malware Service Executable. Also a lot of services are running, how do i identify which one's i dont need ?...
  9. High ram usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High ram usage: have 8gb of ram and only use 1gb of ram but ram usage is at 90% average 8gb ram pentium g4560 windows 10 home 1909 [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-usage/5648c984-e72e-4c8b-a185-7149d6bc2d40
  10. High RAM usage

High RAM usage: Hi, so recently I upgraded my rig to r7 3700x, rtx 2060 msi, 2x8GB Corsair 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance RGB. But something strange occurred. My RAM usage is waaay off. My user uses only 3GB, but windows shows and other programs that 80% sometimes even 95% of my RAM capacity is...