Windows 10: Windows Keeps switching between Desktops whenever I try searching for an application.

Discus and support Windows Keeps switching between Desktops whenever I try searching for an application. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yeah, the title makes no sense, but I'll explain it more. Windows opened up today like normal until the screen randomly just switched to a copy of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by paracosmic, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Windows Keeps switching between Desktops whenever I try searching for an application.

Yeah, the title makes no sense, but I'll explain it more.

Windows opened up today like normal until the screen randomly just switched to a copy of my desktop with nothing open. When I tried to open Chrome it worked fine, but when I opened Discord, it switched me back to the original Desktop with Discord already open.

This puts me in an infinite loop of switching desktops over and over again without a quick way to switch through them, and I don't know how to delete the copy of my Desktop.

Is there a way to fix this issue? Because it's really annoying and I'm considering doing more dangerous options to remove this issue Reinstalling Windows, etc.

:)

paracosmic, Feb 13, 2021

2. Move Applications Between Virtual Desktops

Thank you for the reply Nyima Yonten. My concern is not about switching between application windows, but moving them between multiple desktops. By the way, I am assuming that you meant Windows Key + Tab Key in the first step of your suggestion.

Weird Odd Wodd, Feb 13, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Computer keeps switching back to the desktop

Hi Ryan

When you say your PC keeps switching back yo Desktop, do you mean from Tablet Mode, or are you working on an application and it keeps switching out of that to the Desktop?

DaveM121, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Windows Keeps switching between Desktops whenever I try searching for an application.

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows Keeps switching between Desktops whenever I try searching for an application.

1. Windows Keeps switching between Desktops whenever I try searching for an application. - Similar Threads - Keeps switching between

2. Switching between applications in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching between applications in windows: Good day to you all. Question about switching applications in windows 10 operating system. There are several ways to switch between open applications. Two ways out of several more: 1. Using the alt/win+tab keyboard shortcuts. 2. Selecting the desired application on the...
  3. Switching between applications in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching between applications in windows: Good day to you all. Question about switching applications in windows 10 operating system. There are several ways to switch between open applications. Two ways out of several more: 1. Using the alt/win+tab keyboard shortcuts. 2. Selecting the desired application on the...
  4. Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How...: Hi whenever I try to search using the start menu or in the settings search box on Windows 10 it crashes the application I am using. I tried some fixes related to searching an indexing including running the troubleshooter, restarting it in Services and reinstallaing the...
  5. Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How...: Hi whenever I try to search using the start menu or in the settings search box on Windows 10 it crashes the application I am using. I tried some fixes related to searching an indexing including running the troubleshooter, restarting it in Services and reinstallaing the...
  6. Whenever I try to search in the Start Menu or in Settings it crashes the application, How...

in Cortana
  7. Switch laptops between desktops?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switch laptops between desktops?: With Windows 10 there is the possibility to switch between "desktops". So not different monitors, but virtual desktops to work structured. Now I have the problem that if I start an application in Desktop 1 (e.g. Discord) and then swap to Desktop 2 before Discord has fully...
  8. Applications and windows keep trying to snap between my monitors.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications and windows keep trying to snap between my monitors.: Hello, I just got another monitor and everything had been going smoothly for a while. I had no issues, until about 2 hours ago, when any time I would try to drag my windows from one monitor to the other it would try to snap the window between my monitors instead of letting me...
  9. Unwanted switching between applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted switching between applications: Dear All, At work we have some issues with various computers that sometimes it switches automatically between programs. This happens when you're typing an email, work in Word/Excel, browse online with Edge/Firefox/Chrome or any other program. But it also happens when...
  10. Multiple Desktops - Applications keep jumping between desktops on wake

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Desktops - Applications keep jumping between desktops on wake: I keep 2 virtual desktops, one for my personal applications and the other for official work. I have multiple windows of Google Chrome on both the desktops, some excel windows, PDF files etc. Whenever my computer wakes from sleep, the entire arrangement gets messed up and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc keeps switching desktops