Windows 10: Windows keeps switching to different colour profile

Discus and support Windows keeps switching to different colour profile in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. For some time now my display colours have been looking a little bit off and I finally decided to calibrate them. I completed the calibration and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ElliotDuchek, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Windows keeps switching to different colour profile

Hi.

For some time now my display colours have been looking a little bit off and I finally decided to calibrate them. I completed the calibration and found out that my gamma was set way too high. After fixing that my display looked nice and everything was fine. I then closed all the "Colour management" windows and about 5s later my display was switched back to looking bad again. I then tried to open Colour management again and select my wanted profile as my default one, which worked fine until I either tabbed out of the Colour management window or closed it completely.

This issue also exists when I boot up my PC. I have several times noticed how my display looks really nice just after booting my computer, but then a few seconds later it switches to a very bad looking calibration.

I should mention that I have f.lux installed on my computer, but all of these issues persist even when I disable f.lux or shut it down completely.

:)

ElliotDuchek, Feb 25, 2020

2. unwanted resetting of colour profiles to standard.

I am working with a few different colour profiles for various ambient light conditions. I made them with calibrating software and the are listed in the display settings. When I change to another profile, all is fine. A next change (whether that is a changing
    to another or changing bach to the same), Windows resets to uncalibrated.

Also a change in resolution settings causes the reset to uncalibrated. I'd say that is a bug, or am I missing something?

Erik van den Boom, Feb 25, 2020
  3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Windows keeps switching to different colour profile

Assigning colour profiles does not work well

Hi, I have a few calibrations for various light conditions and the are neatly listed in the display window. However, when I want to change a profile I need to reboot, which is quite annoying. I have the issue on two win10 machines, of which one has a brand
    new install. I used two different kinds of calibration software, nothing changed.

Going to the advanced settings does not make any difference.

Btw. the brightness setting has disappeared after installing the colour profiles...

Erik van den Boom, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps switching to different colour profile

1. Windows keeps switching to different colour profile - Similar Threads - keeps switching different

2. Set different colour themes on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set different colour themes on Windows 11?: I want to personalise my desktops, D1, D2. D1 is for work, D2 is for gaming. But the only thing I can do is change the background, not the theme or cursor. Does Windows 11 have an option for this?...
  3. Sound profile keeps switching whenever I switch windows ALT+TAB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound profile keeps switching whenever I switch windows ALT+TAB?: I multitask a lot so there are a lot of times when I keep switching between two different windows. Suppose I am on Spotify and playing a song at a volume of 80, as soon as I switch to chrome the volume goes to 60 automatically. Also if I mute audio on one window and then I...
  4. Sound profile keeps switching whenever I switch windows ALT+TAB?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound profile keeps switching whenever I switch windows ALT+TAB?: I multitask a lot so there are a lot of times when I keep switching between two different windows. Suppose I am on Spotify and playing a song at a volume of 80, as soon as I switch to chrome the volume goes to 60 automatically. Also if I mute audio on one window and then I...
  5. Sound profile keeps switching whenever I switch windows ALT+TAB?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Colour profiles not loading at restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Colour profiles not loading at restart: Every time I restart my computer, the colour settings reset, making me having to apply thecthe profile in colour management every tike I restart my pc. Anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  7. Different times on different profiles

Different times on different profiles: Hi all... Was wondering, is it possible to have different times set in the date/time settings for different profiles? Would be useful to me when I'm working in different time zones and want to have one account on local time, and one behaving as if I was still on home...
  8. Second monitor not keeping colour management profile

Second monitor not keeping colour management profile: When my computer goes to sleep or after re logging to my computer the second monitor had lost its colour management settings. Going to display settings \ Advance display settings \ Display adapter properties for Display 2, the Color Management windows still shows my most...
  9. Windows colour profile problems

Windows colour profile problems: I have 2 Win10 Pcs, both with the same model of Dell monitor. One is calibrated with the LUT in the monitor, and one with an ICC profile (defunct USB hub, so no access to the LUT) . Both PCs have the same wallpaper picture, one of mine. The wallpaper looked the same as the...
  10. ICC colour profiles

ICC colour profiles: I want to remove a yellowish tint from my laptop screen - LG Display LP173WF4-SPF5 I have added a few ICC profiles but the colours look exactly the same, is this possible with laptop screens or is it just for monitors?...