Windows 10: Windows keeps trying to upgrade outdated Atom processor from 1803

Discus and support Windows keeps trying to upgrade outdated Atom processor from 1803 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi For a long time now Windows is downloading feature updates to update from 1803. It does this repeatedly then reports the processor is outdated. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stephen_999, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Windows keeps trying to upgrade outdated Atom processor from 1803

Hi

For a long time now Windows is downloading feature updates to update from 1803. It does this repeatedly then reports the processor is outdated. For example, the attached screenshot also sloppy - my device is set to English and I am unable to read the information on the link that opens shows this mornings attempt actually attempt 2 this morning. Each time this happens it does the complete download over 2bg, attempts to install then reports the processor is outdated.

Windows keeps trying to upgrade outdated Atom processor from 1803 6677f95e-8a2d-4a36-9c73-f5688850bbc2?upload=true.jpg

Leaving aside my thought that smarter programming would be to check the processor before attempting to download and install the update, how can I fix this so it no longer attempts feature update or checks the processor first but continues to download Defender updates?

It is tempting to go back to Windows 8.1 but reversing Windows 10 is no longer an option. The device was a Win 7 device. Drivers come via a utility that was unavailable in Win 8.1 and the manufacturer does not supply drivers separately. So, the pathway would seem to be back to Win 7 then update, upgrade to 8, update, upgrade to 8.1.

If Microsoft happens to read this unlikely, I know the associated problem is being stuck on an 'S' release. I can easily work around the refusal to install desktop programs whenever they need updating but it is an annoyance.

:)

Stephen_999, Nov 7, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Intel Atom E3900 processors for IoT

Source: Intel Atom Processor E3900 Series | Intel Newsroom

See also: Intel Atom Processor E3900 Series

Brink, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Intel® Atom™ Processor Z3735G dirver

Intel® Atom™ Processor Z3735G
    do you guys any links for the driver of this processor for my windows tablet running on this kind of processor

terence alverio, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Vasudev Win User

Windows keeps trying to upgrade outdated Atom processor from 1803

intel does not support Windows 10 on atom z2760

So has the updated drivers been released for these?

Intel Clover Trail processors are not supported on Windows 10 Creators Update
    :

Devices that contain the following Intel processors (codenamed Clover Trail) are currently not supported on Windows 10 Creators Update:

• Atom Z2760
    • Atom Z2520
    • Atom Z2560
    • Atom Z2580
    "..Microsoft is working with our partners to provide compatible drivers for these processors. Until then, Windows Update will prevent devices containing one of the processors listed above from installing the Creators Update. .."

Vasudev, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows keeps trying to upgrade outdated Atom processor from 1803

1. Windows keeps trying to upgrade outdated Atom processor from 1803 - Similar Threads - keeps trying upgrade

2. can windows 1033bit run on an atom processor with 1tb hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can windows 1033bit run on an atom processor with 1tb hard drive: can windows 10 32bit run on a Toshiba 1TB 5400RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 2.5 inch Notebook Hard Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-1033bit-run-on-an-atom-processor-with/79ce3b28-527e-43a6-919e-51c03906e94b
  3. can windows 1033bit run on an atom processor with 1tb hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can windows 1033bit run on an atom processor with 1tb hard drive: can windows 10 32bit run on a Toshiba 1TB 5400RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 2.5 inch Notebook Hard Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-1033bit-run-on-an-atom-processor-with/79ce3b28-527e-43a6-919e-51c03906e94b
  4. Cannot upgrade from 1803

Cannot upgrade from 1803: Hi Everyone, I'm profoundly annoyed by anything related to upgrading. I wish I could just use my computer and not be constantly worried by the OS sniffing in the background. That's why I used Sledgehammer on my laptop as soon as I fired it the first time. Now I'm stuck...
  5. Want to upgrade from Win32 to Win64 on Intel Atom Z3735F

Want to upgrade from Win32 to Win64 on Intel Atom Z3735F: I am able to boot into Ubuntu x64 but when I try to boot Windows 10 x64 install it says I do not have a 64bit processor. I would like to upgrade. I keep reading people saying "there is no benefit..." because it can't read over 2Gb RAM anyway. But the benefit is that a lot of...
  6. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and Atom Processor

Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and Atom Processor: I need a link to download Win10 Anniversary edit. I want to format tablet and install fresh. I installed current builds and it won't allow me to do many functions... control panel / device manager / on screen keyboard, etc....
  7. can hyper-V run a VM taken from an atom processor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can hyper-V run a VM taken from an atom processor?: using disk2vhd, I have managed to put desktop PCs into a VM. I am trying to convert win10 on an atom processor into a VM, but it does not start in hyper-v nor other VM tools. Do i need extra settings?...
  8. 1803 to 1903 - don't want to upgrade - keeps trying to upgrade and freezes / fails / BSOD's...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1803 to 1903 - don't want to upgrade - keeps trying to upgrade and freezes / fails / BSOD's...: How can I stop this from happening? I'm nearly certain my hardware (dual Westmere Xeon X5650) doesn't meet the Win 10 1903 requirements. I have no idea how to stop this or force the update through. Any ideas? submitted by /u/varietist_department [link] [comments]...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 1803 to 1809

Upgrading from Windows 1803 to 1809: Hi, I am currently running Win10 1803. Now I would like to upgrade to 1809. However, the Windows Update offers only 1903 version which I do not want to install yet. I specifically need to upgrade to 1809. I went to download Media Creation Tool...
  10. New Intel Atom E3900 processors for IoT

in Windows 10 News
    New Intel Atom E3900 processors for IoT: On Oct. 25, 2016, Intel announced the Intel® Atom™ Processor E3900 Series (Apollo Lake). Jonathan Ballon introduced the new processor as part of his keynote at the IoT Solutions World Congress in Barcelona. Intel supports the expansion of the Internet of Things (IoT) and...