Windows 10: windows keeps turning off display after 3 secs

Discus and support windows keeps turning off display after 3 secs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 with latest updates keeps turning off display 3 seconds after powering on monitor. This repeats when I turn off the monitor and then back on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CurtR1, May 19, 2022.

1. CurtR1 Win User

windows keeps turning off display after 3 secs

Windows 10 with latest updates keeps turning off display 3 seconds after powering on monitor. This repeats when I turn off the monitor and then back on and again it stays on for only 3 seconds. So I can use my computer. Screen saver was not activated.

:)

CurtR1, May 19, 2022

2. Keep programs running whilst screen is turned off - MSBook

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I understand that you want the programs to be running with turned off display.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Left Pane select Choose when to turn off the display.
    • Select the Time to turn off the display. Click Save Changes.
    • Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 19, 2022
  3. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, May 19, 2022
  4. damtachoa Win User

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, May 19, 2022
Thema:

1. windows keeps turning off display after 3 secs - Similar Threads - keeps turning off

2. Pc turns on for half a sec and turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc turns on for half a sec and turns off: So i recently got a gigabyte GTX 1650 as upgrade from gt 710My pc specs are : 8 gb ddr3 ramI5 2400 Zebronics B75 motherboardI used my pc for gaming after buying the card for around 2 days and today, while i was using my pc, not gaming it turned off for no reason randomly and...
  3. Pc turns on for half a sec and turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc turns on for half a sec and turns off: So i recently got a gigabyte GTX 1650 as upgrade from gt 710My pc specs are : 8 gb ddr3 ramI5 2400 Zebronics B75 motherboardI used my pc for gaming after buying the card for around 2 days and today, while i was using my pc, not gaming it turned off for no reason randomly and...
  4. Pc turns on for half a sec and turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows keeps turning off display after 3 secs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps turning off display after 3 secs: Windows 10 with latest updates keeps turning off display 3 seconds after powering on monitor. This repeats when I turn off the monitor and then back on and again it stays on for only 3 seconds. So I can use my computer. Screen saver was not activated....
  6. windows keeps turning off display after 3 secs

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows keeps turning off display after 3 secs: Windows 10 with latest updates keeps turning off display 3 seconds after powering on monitor. This repeats when I turn off the monitor and then back on and again it stays on for only 3 seconds. So I can use my computer. Screen saver was not activated....
  7. DISPLAY TURNS OFF BUT CPU KEEPS RUNNING

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISPLAY TURNS OFF BUT CPU KEEPS RUNNING: So I've been facing this issue for a while, when I turn on my computer the boot screenthat MOBO info screen with boot option-f8,f12 shows up and then when it goes away my display turns off just after showing that "Entering Power Saving Mode" and nothing shows up but my CPU...
  8. Problems after Windows turns the Displays off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems after Windows turns the Displays off: Hi everyone,after trying to fix this problem for ages now, I'd like to ask for some help.If Windows turns of the Display-Output after a configured amount of time, as soon as I start to use the PC again, it turns on, but the Output freezes.So I basically cannot move my mouse...
  9. Connect 3 displays, but one of them turns off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect 3 displays, but one of them turns off.: Please help . I currently have a Dell Inspiron 3520 laptop. I bought a tv which connects to the laptop via VGA. Both screens work exactly as expected. So I bought another tv. This one connects via HDMI. The laptop has both VGA and HDMI ports. I disconnected the first tv and...
  10. Turning the displays off after locking windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning the displays off after locking windows?: Every time I lock my computer, my 3 monitors will always stay on. I even set it up so pressing the power button will turn off the displays, but after a second they all just turn back on. Is there a way to keep suspend my monitors after locking my computer? I'd rather not...