Windows 10: Windows keeps uninstalling apps

Discus and support Windows keeps uninstalling apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I’ve been trying to download an among us hack for a video. I download it and open it. It opens fine. Then when I go into among us it closes and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrWong247, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Windows keeps uninstalling apps

So I’ve been trying to download an among us hack for a video. I download it and open it. It opens fine. Then when I go into among us it closes and uninstalls. It also does this for other things aswell. At first avg was just quarantining it. Even when I turned it off it still deletes. I also turned off my domain network in windows defender. I can’t open the bit l where it says turn off real time protection on windows security since I have an anti virus. Please help me. Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/MrWong247
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MrWong247, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Hello Geoff, Windows keeps uninstalling apps :)

Q1) If it's a built-in app, then the user can restore the app using that tutorial only if the app was uninstalled for their account and not for all users. Being able to restore an app that was uninstalled for all users using the PowerShell command is currently broken in Windows, and break all built-in apps if used. The only way to restore them then is to do a repair install.

Q2) That's correct. If a built-in app is not listed in under step 3 in OPTION TWO, then it can't and be uninstalled. Those would be apps that are used by Windows, and shouldn't be uninstalled. For example, Microsoft Edge.

Q3) I haven't tied it to know, but I would assume that to be so.

Brink, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Windows keeps uninstalling apps

How to disable/uninstall the Photo app in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

We cannot disable Photos app on windows 10. However, we can uninstall the app and when you require the app you can download it through Windows Store.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app.

• Type Power Shell in the Search bar,
      right-click on Windows PowerShell and click on
      Run as administrator

• Type the following commands, press Enter
      key after each command, in the given order.
    1. Get-AppxPackage

(This will view all the apps installed in your account.)

2. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers

(This will view all Windows apps installed in the computer.)

3. Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Remove-AppxPackage

(This will remove/uninstall the Photo app.)

• Restart the system and check.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows keeps uninstalling apps

1. Windows keeps uninstalling apps - Similar Threads - keeps uninstalling apps

2. Windows keeps uninstalling fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps uninstalling fonts: I want to use the JetBrains font for my terminal. It's at https://www.nerdfonts.com/font-downloadsWhat happens:Whenever I shut down and reopen my pc and open the terminal, this error message pops up: Unable to find the selected font 'JetBrainsMono Nerd Font' Consolas has been...
  3. Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself: Hey,Can anyone help/ advise on why the Mail and Calender app keeps unistalling itself?I have tried troubleshooting and repairing and resetting but it still keeps happening...
  4. Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself: Hey,Can anyone help/ advise on why the Mail and Calender app keeps unistalling itself?I have tried troubleshooting and repairing and resetting but it still keeps happening...
  5. "your phone" windows 10 app keeps uninstalling

"your phone" windows 10 app keeps uninstalling: why does this app on windows 10 keep automatically uninstalling? it happens randomly when i least expect. works for while then its gone. never stays more than a day or so....
  6. App keeps uninstalling

App keeps uninstalling: Windows keeps un-installing 'your phone' app. why? I install it constantly to use but randomly it gets uninstalled for no reason. actually happened once in middle of a call.becoming un-usable.have seen this happen with some other apps as well....
  7. Uninstalled app, keep showing icon???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstalled app, keep showing icon???: Why does an uninstalled app, icon keep showing up on my lower start bar?? I keep hitting remove and it still keeps loading on start up???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-app-keep-showing-icon/78fcb3d9-c1ae-40f0-9af2-9ecbf4b2970f
  8. windows mail app keeps uninstalling itself

windows mail app keeps uninstalling itself: I have MS Outlook installed, which I use for work email but I wanted to use the windows mail app for personal email, which was not installed. I went to the MS app store, installed the Mail App and configured my personal email and thought everything was well. Then when I...
  9. My computer keeps on freezing and apps are uninstalling.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer keeps on freezing and apps are uninstalling.: I have an Acer Spin 1 computer and have used it for one year now, however I noticed just a couple of weeks ago, it uninstalled some apps and even hid some of them. Then later, I noticed that some of the apps reinstalled, but then all of a sudden Scripting turned off on my...
  10. Uninstalling Windows apps

Uninstalling Windows apps: Hello guys, how can I uninstall all these apps I don't need? The tutorial Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums is not working. As the folder of the app actually remains. 9944