Windows 10: Windows key after switching computer components.

Discus and support Windows key after switching computer components. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently I have switched my motherboard and I turned on my computer and as soon as I did, windows gave me a message to activate my windows key which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Roger Right, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Windows key after switching computer components.

Recently I have switched my motherboard and I turned on my computer and as soon as I did, windows gave me a message to activate my windows key which I already had done on my old motherboard. I had tried to enter my old windows key but it did not work and went through the troubleshooting too but it was completely useless and did not work half of the time when I tried to link the computer with windows 10. After some research I found out that I should have prepared to switch motherboards by preparing windows 10. I still have my old motherboard and I am very confused on what I should do. What should I do in order to have my windows 10 working again and be able to customize things and stop this message from coming up?

:)

Roger Right, Nov 26, 2018

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 26, 2018
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Windows key after switching computer components.

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows key after switching computer components.

1. Windows key after switching computer components. - Similar Threads - key switching computer

2. Windows 11 product key after switching to Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 product key after switching to Linux: I have an HP laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled.I want to switch to Linux, but I'm not sure if my Windows 11 product key will be terminated.Will I be able to use my product key to reinstall Windows 11 in the future?...
  3. Windows 11 product key after switching to Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 product key after switching to Linux: I have an HP laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled.I want to switch to Linux, but I'm not sure if my Windows 11 product key will be terminated.Will I be able to use my product key to reinstall Windows 11 in the future?...
  4. Reactivation after changing components

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivation after changing components: i upgraded the motherboard in my computer and it is now asking me to re activate windows Error code: 0xC004F211 when i go through the app i get to the end and i get a message Unable to activate Windows We can’t activate your copy of Windows because the digital licence for...
  5. Reactivation after changing components

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivation after changing components: i upgraded the motherboard in my computer and it is now asking me to re activate windows Error code: 0xC004F211 when i go through the app i get to the end and i get a message Unable to activate Windows We can’t activate your copy of Windows because the digital licence for...
  6. Reactivation after changing components

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Computer architecture all components and Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer architecture all components and Windows 10: Is it possible that a laptop [ Dell Latitude e7240, 128 Gb SSD, 8 Gb RAM, Win10 Home 64 bit ] which pre-dates the arrival of Windows 10 - in other words it was from the Windows 8.1 era - could have something in its chip or elsewhere in the CPU or on the motherboard that makes...
  8. Asking for bitlocker key after switching on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asking for bitlocker key after switching on: I have a Dell laptop which is about 4-5 MO this old and just got the motherboard changed, and after switching on, it is asking for bitlocker key. I have never set up a bitlocker recovery nor do I have a key. I logged into the Microsoft account to check and it said that my C...
  9. Windows 10 not activating after switching to new computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 not activating after switching to new computer.: Back in 2012 I build my computer with the help of some friends, who also provided me with a copy of windows. This windows copy worked perfectly, I reinstalled windows several times without any problems and even did the free upgrade to windows 10 back in 2016. Also during this...
  10. All Windows Components in Computer Configuration are not configured

in Windows 10 Support
    All Windows Components in Computer Configuration are not configured: I know this is a difficult question to ask but hopefully will have an answer from anyone here in this forum. I just checked in my gpedit.msc (Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 Professional 64-edition and am surprised to see all of my Windows Components are not...