Windows 10: Windows key, alt, Cyril, and shift keys stuck virtually

Discus and support Windows key, alt, Cyril, and shift keys stuck virtually in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’ve been having an issue recently, shift, alt, Ctrl, and windows keys are stuck virtually, physically they are fine, it’s making my pc completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AliAl Jundi, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Windows key, alt, Cyril, and shift keys stuck virtually

I’ve been having an issue recently, shift, alt, Ctrl, and windows keys are stuck virtually, physically they are fine, it’s making my pc completely unusable as every time I try to type or do anything random apps open up or other wierd things happen, also when I try opening an app it asks for permission to “make changes on this device” I’ve confirmed it’s those keys by opening up the onscreen keyboard, it seems to start about 5 min after opening the pc, not after clicking a certain key So far I’ve tried checking for updatesSpamming the keys Uninstalling the keyboard drivers in device manager and

:)

AliAl Jundi, Jul 27, 2021
  2. gwalter13 Win User

Control + Shift + Alt Keys virtually stuck and making noises

Just randomly the other day my laptop suddenly making what sounds like morris code whenever I hit any key (only out of speakers), and when I did type it would also come up with only special characters. I checked the virtual keyboard and all the shift, alt
    and control keys are acting as if they are selected. No settings are turned on for locking keys or holding keys.

I've done multiple restarts, did a system restore, uninstalled and reinstalled keyboard/touchpad drivers, tried external keyboards, and held different combinations of the "stuck" keys down till the point of locking my whole laptop up.

I've got a Sony Vaio Flip and running Windows 10.

Is there a fix for this? Is this a failed motherboard?

gwalter13, Jul 27, 2021
  3. gwalter13 Win User
    Control + Shift + Alt Keys virtually stuck and making noises

No, nothing is turned on. First thing I checked when it started happening. Since it started happening, I've tired turning them on and off repeatedly hoping that something will cause it to fix itself.

This doesn't appear to be a sticky or toggle key issue. Whenever I hit any key, both control keys immediately become locked on. In order to turn these off, I have to click the shift keys so they turn on, then hit the alt keys to turn them on. Then I can
    reverse the steps to get them all turned off. That is all based on what the on screen keyboard shows, which is the only way I can type on the machine anymore.

gwalter13, Jul 27, 2021
  4. Windows key, alt, Cyril, and shift keys stuck virtually

ALT Key is Virtually Held Down

So about a week ago, I noticed that my keyboard started acting strange. For the record, I'm using a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard, but that doesn't matter because this happens on all keyboards that i've tried. The problem is, whenever I press the Windows
    key and the Alt key, my Alt key becomes 'virtually' stuck. This means i can't input any text, the computer essentially thinks i'm holding down the Alt key.

• I know it's not a sticky key because I tried this on different keyboards.
    • I know it's the Alt key because I looked up the Alt key shortcuts for Microsoft Edge and they all match (For example, pressing the D key highlights the address bar), and double clicking on Desktop shortcuts will open their properties.
    • It's not Sticky Keys or any of those settings on Windows because, you know, that's the first thing i checked...
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the Keyboard Drivers didn't help.
    • Virus scans showed everything was fine.
    • I've checked everywhere online for solutions and there doesn't seem to be anyone with a solution (or even my exact problem).
    The weirdest part is the solution: I have to open the on-screen keyboard, click on the Windows key twice, then logout with Win + L and log back in and everything is back to normal (for now). Another solution that worked for a little while was uninstalling
    Razer SDK Core Components, but then even without Razer software, this problem would occur. This wouldn't just occur when i pressed Win + Alt however, it would still happen after a random amount of time and i would have to do that on-screen keyboard method
    to fix it. It would even happen while starting up my computer, preventing me from inputting my password, and it even occurred when i was trying to reinstall windows.

I just factory reset my whole computer and lo and behold, this problem is still here. I'm about to lose my mind at this point. What on Earth could POSSIBLY be causing this to happen. If it's a problem with my motherboard or something, how can I even check/fix
    that. If formatting my HDD and SSD and reinstalling Windows didn't work, then what is the problem.

TLWindows key, alt, Cyril, and shift keys stuck virtually :DR - Pressing Windows Key and Alt simultaneously causes my Alt key to be held down virtually.

o T Slice o, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows key, alt, Cyril, and shift keys stuck virtually

1. Windows key, alt, Cyril, and shift keys stuck virtually - Similar Threads - key alt Cyril

2. Shift key stuck on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key stuck on: Had my laptop for a few years and never had any problems until now. Shift key turns itself on and I can only turn it off by restarting the laptop. Is there a quick fix for this? Fairly certain it’s not sticky keys...
  3. Shift key stuck on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key stuck on: Had my laptop for a few years and never had any problems until now. Shift key turns itself on and I can only turn it off by restarting the laptop. Is there a quick fix for this? Fairly certain it’s not sticky keys...
  4. Shift key stuck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key stuck.: Hello there is one thing driving me insane.. my computer is acting like my keyboard is holding shift so whenever i click a link it sends me to a new window and I can’t scroll either and when i type numbers it is just symbols !@#.. I’ve tried turning sticky keys off and...
  5. Shift key stuck.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key stuck.: Hello there is one thing driving me insane.. my computer is acting like my keyboard is holding shift so whenever i click a link it sends me to a new window and I can’t scroll either and when i type numbers it is just symbols !@#.. I’ve tried turning sticky keys off and...
  6. Shift key stuck.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows, shift, alt, ctrl keys getting virtually stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows, shift, alt, ctrl keys getting virtually stuck: I’ve been having this problem more and more recently where my shift alt ctrl and windows keys keep virtually getting stuck. I’m not pressing the keys when this happens but they get stuck anyways. Usualy I’m able to disable this when the shift or ctrl keys get stuck by...
  8. FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WITH THEIR ALT KEYS STUCK VIRTUALLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WITH THEIR ALT KEYS STUCK VIRTUALLY: i just restarted computer. i've seen cases with other people not having the restart work but it worked for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-all-the-people-with-their-alt-keys-stuck/fac61f84-9081-4202-bebc-475bd754b284
  9. windows/shift key "stuck"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows/shift key "stuck": hey guys, sometimes i have a strange ~ hotkey problem. its like my windows key is pressed all the time, but it actually isnt. so if i press any keys then, all the "hotkeys" get activated, like starting certain programs and stuff. it happens with shift aswell. i googled it...
  10. Alt-key stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt-key stuck: Hey all, I'm having a problem where my alt-key seems to be active all of the time. The alt key is pressed down whether or not I have a keyboard physically connected. Meaning when I use the On Screen Keyboard it displays it as pressed down. I checked and do not have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 shift ctrl alt windows keys stuck