Windows 10: Windows Key + Arrows Not Working

Discus and support Windows Key + Arrows Not Working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Usually moves a tab to either left or right side of screen, but it's not doing that now. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Virtualnerd1, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Windows Key + Arrows Not Working

Usually moves a tab to either left or right side of screen, but it's not doing that now. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

submitted by /u/Virtualnerd1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Virtualnerd1, Oct 27, 2020

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Windows + Arrow Keys Stops working

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Are you using a USB keyboard?

• Have you made any changes to the PC prior to the issue?

• What is the make and model of your keyboard?

Since you are able to use the other shortcut keys, means that the keyboard works fine. This issue can occur if the
    Arrow keys on the keyboard are faulty.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try using the Arrow keys on other programs. Check if they are functional.

Most of the sytems have “Fn” key or a Function Lock key. This key can be used to
    Enable and Disable the Arrow keys. Check if the
    Arrow keys function after toggling the Fn key.

Method 2:

Try connecting a different keyboard to your computer. Try the shortcut keys once again. Check if they works.

Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 27, 2020
  4. rsanna Win User

Windows Key + Arrows Not Working

Windows + Arrow Keys Stops working

1. I am using a USB Keyboard. It is only keyboard I have.

2. I have not made any changes to the PC prior to the issue.

3. My keyboard is a Logitech K520.

Method 1:

The arrow keys work fine if used individually - as does the Windows key. Toggling with FN does nothing to allow the WIndows + arrow keys shortcut again, and since the arrow keys work individually this does nothing for that. Also of note: I have tried unplugging
    and replugging my keyboard back in, and the Windows + Arrow Key functionality still does not come back.

Method 2:

This is the only keyboard I have. I never had this issue with Windows 8.1, and as I stated after a reboot the WIndows + Arrow Keys shortcut will work, until Windows 10 messes up.

I believe it is a Windows 10 issue instead of a hardware issue because a window will literally disappear while using the Windows + Arrow Keys shortcut.

• It is not minimized.
    • It is not on another screen.
    • It is not on another desktop. (I only have 1 Desktop, and regardless the Windows + Ctrl + Arrow Keys shortcut does work if I create a new virtual desktop.)
    • Hover-highlight on the program on the task bar does not bring the window back.
    • Using the task manager does not bring the window back.
    • Using Alt + Tab does not bring the window back.
    • And using WIndows + Arrow keys does not bring the window back.
    After this Windows 10 issue occurs I lose the WIndows + Arrow Keys functionality until I reboot again. At which time, it will work perfectly for an indeterminate amount of time until a window gets "lost" while using the shortcut and becomes inaccessible
    for mouse functions (because I cannot see it, but other keyboard functions continue to work). Again this did not happen with Windows 8.1 and has only happened since upgrading to Windows 10.

rsanna, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows Key + Arrows Not Working

1. Windows Key + Arrows Not Working - Similar Threads - Key Arrows Working

2. Backspace key and arrow keys are not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backspace key and arrow keys are not working properly.: Hey Everyone,I recently noticed that holding down backspace only erases 1 letter at a time. It used to be much quicker and would erase whole lines when held down long enough. same in the case of arrow keys to. I am on windows 11 and have turned off filter keys. Any...
  3. Backspace key and arrow keys are not working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backspace key and arrow keys are not working properly.: Hey Everyone,I recently noticed that holding down backspace only erases 1 letter at a time. It used to be much quicker and would erase whole lines when held down long enough. same in the case of arrow keys to. I am on windows 11 and have turned off filter keys. Any...
  4. Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key: As the title states, my right arrow key works fine, I've tested it using a keyboard tester and it shows up as being used. I can use it with other buttons like holding shift or control and it will use that function fine but just pressing it provides no function like being able...
  5. Arrow Keys Stopped Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow Keys Stopped Working: Yesterday the arrow keys on my computer worked perfectly. Today while using Excel, the arrow keys would not advance the active cell marker to the next cell, either up, down, left or right. I searched the net for a solution, but none of the answers matched either the MS...
  6. Volume Keys and Arrow Keys not working.

Volume Keys and Arrow Keys not working.: I just turned on my computer today, and my volume keys won't change the volume, and my arrow keys won't work at all. I've had this laptop for about a year, and nothing was wrong with it until today. It's an Inspiron 15 5000, with no usb keyboard/mouse. I've tried restarting...
  7. Arrow keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys not working: Hi! Is someone able to help me please? My left and right arrow keys are not working well. They both do things like reload and go to previous pages on chrome. And they dont work anymore in typing....
  8. Arrow key working itself

Arrow key working itself: hi, I am using Windows 10 Home version 2004 on HP laptop. so, suddenly today i noticed that my up arrow key is working itself, if i try to move down to any page it forces me to go up. i am so frustrated, i restarted it, ran SFC ,DISM . but the problem still persists. it only...
  9. Right arrow key not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right arrow key not working: When pressing the right arrow key (even the one in the number pad), it just doesn't work. Nothing happens. It isn't a hardware issue as the key works when pressing it down with Control, shift or function. It also works when entering the BIOS, it even registers as "right" when...
  10. Down Arrow key and right arrow key is not working on my windows 10 laptop

Down Arrow key and right arrow key is not working on my windows 10 laptop: hey, i am facing issue that my Down Arrow key and right arrow key is not working on my windows 10 laptop. and some keys from the number pad also. like when i click on 1 number button on top of Q letter, it works when number lock is on/off and after changing the number lock it...