Windows 10: Windows key bug?

Discus and support Windows key bug? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So today i was playing apex legends and in the middle of playing, my keyboard started acting as if i were holding down the windows key. it was giving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Imstrength, Feb 13, 2020 at 3:17 PM.

1. Windows key bug?

So today i was playing apex legends and in the middle of playing, my keyboard started acting as if i were holding down the windows key.

it was giving me the Windows + S function to search when just pressing S, thus tabbing me to desktop.

Windows + D to bring me to desktop, while just pressing D. and so on.

so i restart my PC and it fixed the problem. however i cant help but be concerned and wonder why it all of a sudden did this. (without me even pressing the windows key)

I also pulled up the virtual keyboard before restarting and it was also effected (tested while keyboard was unplugged even. this was to remove the physical key as a variable, AKA it wasn't just stuck)

So google says other people have had this issue and had to disable their windows key entirely. just wondering if anyone else has any solutions or information to share with me. as google was a little disappointing and often led to windows 7 links, thanks!

submitted by /u/Imstrength
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Imstrength, Feb 13, 2020 at 3:17 PM

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

4. Windows key bug?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 13, 2020 at 3:25 PM
Thema:

Windows key bug?

1. Windows key bug? - Similar Threads - key bug

2. transfer windows key to another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer windows key to another computer: My windows 10 computer has failed. How can I use my validation key on a replacement computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-key-to-another-computer/c01b5de2-8f9f-4472-b3f6-66e257ba7c58"
  3. Shift Key Fails using RDP Remote Desktop between Windows 10 and Server 2008 R2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shift Key Fails using RDP Remote Desktop between Windows 10 and Server 2008 R2: This was a recent issue discovered when new computers were installed. Shift key did not respond while using remote desktop from a Windows 10 computer to our Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise edition server. The fix; -Open the Remote Desktop application -Click down arrow at...
  4. Product key

Product key: I need a product key for win 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key/4ee92554-1ede-40bd-b26a-d85e90505ec4"
  5. Authenticity of Digital License Key of Windows 10 Professional Lifetime that is being sold...

Authenticity of Digital License Key of Windows 10 Professional Lifetime that is being sold...: Hello everyone If you go to Amazon India and look for "Windows 10 Professional Lifetime Retail With DVD and Activation Key Card Includes Latest November 2019 Windows Update", you will find that some sellers are selling digital license for a very low price. Here's the link...
  6. PC bugged when writing Pro license key in Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC bugged when writing Pro license key in Home: Hello! I built a computer for a friend recently, and I installed Windows from a Usb stick created on my machine, wich is Windows 10 Home. We installed the Home version on his machine (we had a few problems when installing), but he didn't have a license key. After some time,...
  7. Windows multi media keys bugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows multi media keys bugged: I am having a problem with programs like windows media player and spotify. every time i use them the multimedia key overlay pops up and automatically goes back to the first song/video in the playlist. on spotify it even keeps playing the first second of the track. it's like...
  8. Trying to upgrade my sister's computer. (With a bugged product key)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to upgrade my sister's computer. (With a bugged product key): So I found the weird "UpgradeWindowsApp" and I copied it on my USB flash drive and I will put to my sister's somehow unupgradable computer. I think it won't work because of the product key......
  9. Taskbar icons are stuck and windows keys won't open the start menu (Insane BUG? Calling all...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons are stuck and windows keys won't open the start menu (Insane BUG? Calling all...: I've come across an interesting problem which I can only assume is a bug. My pinned taskbar icons are stuck in place, meaning I can't slide them around. For example, if I wanted to have the Discord icon before my Google Chrome icon. Every time I try to click and drag an icon,...
  10. Activation and Product Key Bugs

Activation and Product Key Bugs: I bought my PC from a local computer store a few months ago, and it was supposed to come preinstalled with Windows 10. Since then, when I go to my settings, it only gives me the option to activate windows; alongside a non-removable watermark at the bottom right of my screen...