Windows 10: Windows key bug?

Discus and support Windows key bug? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So today i was playing apex legends and in the middle of playing, my keyboard started acting as if i were holding down the windows key. it was giving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Imstrength, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Windows key bug?

So today i was playing apex legends and in the middle of playing, my keyboard started acting as if i were holding down the windows key.

it was giving me the Windows + S function to search when just pressing S, thus tabbing me to desktop.

Windows + D to bring me to desktop, while just pressing D. and so on.

so i restart my PC and it fixed the problem. however i cant help but be concerned and wonder why it all of a sudden did this. (without me even pressing the windows key)

I also pulled up the virtual keyboard before restarting and it was also effected (tested while keyboard was unplugged even. this was to remove the physical key as a variable, AKA it wasn't just stuck)

So google says other people have had this issue and had to disable their windows key entirely. just wondering if anyone else has any solutions or information to share with me. as google was a little disappointing and often led to windows 7 links, thanks!

submitted by /u/Imstrength
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Imstrength, Feb 13, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 13, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Windows key bug?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows key bug?

1. Windows key bug? - Similar Threads - key bug

2. Rapoo V500 pro key bugs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rapoo V500 pro key bugs.: Hello. I recently got a Rapoo V500 Pro keyboard from my office. When I started to use it, I found many bugs. For example, when I press Ctrl, the calculator automatically pops up. When I press F, caps lock opens and closes, among many other problems. How can I fix this?...
  3. Rapoo V500 pro key bugs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rapoo V500 pro key bugs.: Hello. I recently got a Rapoo V500 Pro keyboard from my office. When I started to use it, I found many bugs. For example, when I press Ctrl, the calculator automatically pops up. When I press F, caps lock opens and closes, among many other problems. How can I fix this?...
  4. Multimedia keys not responding bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multimedia keys not responding bug: Hey, my multimedia keys keep breaking play/pause/previous/next.I believe this happens when I have 2 audio sources, and I press play, then it breaks the keys and they won't respond anymore for example, having spotify and youtube video open. This has been happening for a while,...
  5. Multimedia keys not responding bug

Multimedia keys not responding bug: Hey, my multimedia keys keep breaking play/pause/previous/next.I believe this happens when I have 2 audio sources, and I press play, then it breaks the keys and they won't respond anymore for example, having spotify and youtube video open. This has been happening for a while,...
  6. When is Microsoft going to fix the annoying bug where your keyboard acts as if the ctrl key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When is Microsoft going to fix the annoying bug where your keyboard acts as if the ctrl key...: I have two computers with two different keyboards that have the exact same problem: once in a while Windows will filter keys to permanently have them on keylock mode for no reason. I see this problem and everyone that does not have this problem say to clean your keys, change...
  7. When is Microsoft going to fix the annoying bug where your keyboard acts as if the ctrl key...

When is Microsoft going to fix the annoying bug where your keyboard acts as if the ctrl key...: I have two computers with two different keyboards that have the exact same problem: once in a while Windows will filter keys to permanently have them on keylock mode for no reason. I see this problem and everyone that does not have this problem say to clean your keys, change...
  8. When is Microsoft going to fix the annoying bug where your keyboard acts as if the ctrl key...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My laptop keyboard is bugged. When i hold my keys something completely random comes out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard is bugged. When i hold my keys something completely random comes out.: It all started when i turned off bluetooth because my airpods had no more battery but were connected to my laptop i turned it on. Something like this will happen: when i hold Backspace it will only delete 1 key but then write this:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<when i hold shift...
  10. My laptop keyboard is bugged. When i hold my keys something completely random comes out.

My laptop keyboard is bugged. When i hold my keys something completely random comes out.: It all started when i turned off bluetooth because my airpods had no more battery but were connected to my laptop i turned it on. Something like this will happen: when i hold Backspace it will only delete 1 key but then write this:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<when i hold shift...