Windows 10: Windows key + d makes desktop background black if no mouse click first

Discus and support Windows key + d makes desktop background black if no mouse click first in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If you don't click your mouse somewhere on the screen on launch of windows before you press windows key + d to minimise all windows, the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OE_TheSoftwareDeveloper, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Windows key + d makes desktop background black if no mouse click first

If you don't click your mouse somewhere on the screen on launch of windows before you press windows key + d to minimise all windows, the desktop background goes black until you press the key combo again. However, if you press it again, it normalises all the windows again and you have to either manually minimise them all or click somewhere on the desktop outside a window, then press windows key + d again to avoid the desktop background going black.So, my use case was to launch a bunch of applications on startup and then minimise them since not all applications adhere to the request to launch m

:)

OE_TheSoftwareDeveloper, Dec 5, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Dec 5, 2021
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 5, 2021
  4. Windows key + d makes desktop background black if no mouse click first

Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows key + d makes desktop background black if no mouse click first

1. Windows key + d makes desktop background black if no mouse click first - Similar Threads - key makes desktop

2. Desktop Background becomes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Background becomes black: https://imgur.com/a/GmIYbJa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-becomes-black/502733b8-b9af-46fd-9854-abdd3cddf87f
  3. Desktop Background becomes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Background becomes black: https://imgur.com/a/GmIYbJa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-becomes-black/502733b8-b9af-46fd-9854-abdd3cddf87f
  4. Desktop Background becomes black

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows key + d makes desktop background black if no mouse click first

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows key + d makes desktop background black if no mouse click first: If you don't click your mouse somewhere on the screen on launch of windows before you press windows key + d to minimise all windows, the desktop background goes black until you press the key combo again. However, if you press it again, it normalises all the windows again and...
  6. windows desktop background is turning black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows desktop background is turning black: recently I had a problem where when I left click and highlight it would turn black or when I highlight and icon it would turn black or sometimes the whole background would turn back every like 5 minutes, after coming here to ask what was wrong I ran a virus scan on Windows...
  7. Windows key + "d" key shortcut replace desktop image with black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows key + "d" key shortcut replace desktop image with black screen: When I use the Windows key + "d" key shortcut, I am returned to the desktop as expected but the background image is replaced with a black background. The desktop icons are still present and seem to be unaffected by this. Resetting the background desktop image in the...
  8. Windows 10 desktop is unavailable - black background

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 desktop is unavailable - black background: Hi, Sorry for my english (I am from Slovakia) A week ago my PC works fine. When I returned today after few days (during them it was off) and turned it on, a message came up and start flashing: Hi...[IMG] Because I have some problem with viruses weeks ago (but fixed all of...
  9. Windows 10 Boots to Black Desktop Background

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Boots to Black Desktop Background: Below is the current issue I am experiencing with Windows 10. My computer has been running normally for days after having installed the software, only while booting today have I been experiencing this issue. I have tried doing restarts and fully turning the computer off,...
  10. Desktop background goes black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop background goes black: I have a picture here of my desktop background. Notice how behind the icons is black. Now the entire background just blacked out. I also have problems with menus in apps. Notice how Synctoy isn't displaying the menu correctly. What is going on? [img] [img] 83640