Windows 10: Windows key doesnt work

Discus and support Windows key doesnt work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! until recently I found out that whenever I press the windows key the start menu doesn't pop up and neither does the taskbar, can someone please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Maddox buschman, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Windows key doesnt work

Hello! until recently I found out that whenever I press the windows key the start menu doesn't pop up and neither does the taskbar, can someone please help me find out a way to fix this?

:)

Maddox buschman, Jun 21, 2022

2. Windows key + V doesn't work

I'm using Home. Thanks everyone but I had previously followed ALL the steps recommended in your posts including enabling Group Policy Editor and enabling "Allow Clipboard History" within it. All the settings for the clipboard are correct but Windows Key + V doesn't work. To dalchina, as I indicated in my post, I am using version 1809 with build 17763. See images.

Windows key doesnt work [​IMG]

Windows key doesnt work [​IMG]

BARNEYKATZ1978, Jun 21, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 21, 2022
  4. Windows key doesnt work

Windows 10 ethernet Doesnt work

Hi Girish,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the Network Adapter from the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’, right click on driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows key doesnt work

1. Windows key doesnt work - Similar Threads - key doesnt

2. I bought new replacement key for office, unfortunetely it doesnt work . what should i do?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I bought new replacement key for office, unfortunetely it doesnt work . what should i do?: i bought new replacemnet key for office , but it doesnt work on my computer. what shoul i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-new-replacement-key-for-office/4a6598a3-3598-4cae-b294-f273d866dcb2
  3. I bought new replacement key for office, unfortunetely it doesnt work . what should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought new replacement key for office, unfortunetely it doesnt work . what should i do?: i bought new replacemnet key for office , but it doesnt work on my computer. what shoul i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-new-replacement-key-for-office/4a6598a3-3598-4cae-b294-f273d866dcb2
  4. I bought new replacement key for office, unfortunetely it doesnt work . what should i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My taskbar is not showing, My windows key doesnt do anything when i click it and i cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is not showing, My windows key doesnt do anything when i click it and i cant...: after installing a new windows update i am now unable to see my taskbar. When i hover over it my curser starts loading, when i click my windows key nothing happens so i am unable to do anything, most of my apps are not even loading and nothing happens when i click on them...
  6. My taskbar is not showing, My windows key doesnt do anything when i click it and i cant...

My taskbar is not showing, My windows key doesnt do anything when i click it and i cant...: after installing a new windows update i am now unable to see my taskbar. When i hover over it my curser starts loading, when i click my windows key nothing happens so i am unable to do anything, most of my apps are not even loading and nothing happens when i click on them...
  7. Correct Bitlocker key used; but receive error message 'The key doesnt match this drive'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct Bitlocker key used; but receive error message 'The key doesnt match this drive': Whilst using windows 11 pro;I backed up a windows disk image using: Control Panel; Back up and Restore; Create a system image. I also backed up my C: drive.I saved both of these onto external media, a 512gb Toshiba HDD USB 3.0I used bitlocker to encrypt the drive. I wrote...
  8. Correct Bitlocker key used; but receive error message 'The key doesnt match this drive'

Correct Bitlocker key used; but receive error message 'The key doesnt match this drive': Whilst using windows 11 pro;I backed up a windows disk image using: Control Panel; Back up and Restore; Create a system image. I also backed up my C: drive.I saved both of these onto external media, a 512gb Toshiba HDD USB 3.0I used bitlocker to encrypt the drive. I wrote...
  9. bitlocker key doesnt work after replacing motherboard

bitlocker key doesnt work after replacing motherboard: I replaced the motherboard in my HP Elite X2 G3 with a used one from Ebay. I retained the original hard drive and battery. However, now when I boot up the computer, my bitlocker code doesnt work and the PC name isnt one of my devices so I cant obtain a new key from...
  10. bitlocker key doesnt work after replacing motherboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker key doesnt work after replacing motherboard: I replaced the motherboard in my HP Elite X2 G3 with a used one from Ebay. I retained the original hard drive and battery. However, now when I boot up the computer, my bitlocker code doesnt work and the PC name isnt one of my devices so I cant obtain a new key from...