Windows 10: Windows key forces computer shutdown

Discus and support Windows key forces computer shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Basically, every time i press the Windows key, my computer just immediately shuts off.The problem started today, how can i fix it??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ChronoUpfor, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Windows key forces computer shutdown

Basically, every time i press the Windows key, my computer just immediately shuts off.The problem started today, how can i fix it??

:)

ChronoUpfor, Apr 18, 2024
  2. Wolfles Win User

Computer Force shutdowns during windows update

Hi all,

My computer shuts off during a windows update in a forceful manner, where there is an electric click sound while it is configuring windows after it reboots. It is like the type of shutdown you get when you hold down the power button for a hard restart. Although
    it says it will restart during the update, my computer does it in a forceful manner, and ends up failing the update, as it is "Restoring to previous version of Windows". It has been happening for the past few updates now, and requires several tries before
    it finally installs. Can anyone suggest why and whether there are any solutions?

Thanks.

Wolfles, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Computer shutdowns

when playing games be they microsoft games or others computer shuts down for no reason.

start up does not suggest forced shutdowns etc. Computer is a HP Laptop RTL8821CE

PaulMillerPR, Apr 18, 2024
  4. Windows key forces computer shutdown

After upgrading to Windows 10, cursor is disappeared while trying to shutdown the computer

Hi Hana,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the mouse driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

Let’s try to shut down the computer from log-in screen and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + L and keep tapping
      Tab key
      on the keyboard.
    • Once it select shutdown option hit enter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I recommend you to update the mouse driver manually and check if this helps. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the device driver and select
      Up-date.

• Restart the computer, if prompted.
    If the above steps did not helps to fix the issue, try the below steps.

Step 3.

I suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer and download the latest updated mouse driver and install the same.

Hope it helps. Post us with the status, we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

Windows key forces computer shutdown

1. Windows key forces computer shutdown - Similar Threads - key forces computer

2. Windows key forces computer shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key forces computer shutdown: Basically, every time i press the Windows key, my computer just immediately shuts off.The problem started today, how can i fix it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-forces-computer-shutdown/e8f2d435-0223-4fca-b638-8f19f4bb1853
  3. Windows key forces computer shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows key forces computer shutdown: Basically, every time i press the Windows key, my computer just immediately shuts off.The problem started today, how can i fix it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-forces-computer-shutdown/e8f2d435-0223-4fca-b638-8f19f4bb1853
  4. Windows 10 forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 forced shutdown: When using the "Start", "Power", "Shut down" option Windows 10 shuts down.UNLESS there is an application running that expects a user response.Too many times I have used the above and left, thinking Windows will shut down. Only to come back in the morning and find out that...
  5. Windows 10 forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 forced shutdown: When using the "Start", "Power", "Shut down" option Windows 10 shuts down.UNLESS there is an application running that expects a user response.Too many times I have used the above and left, thinking Windows will shut down. Only to come back in the morning and find out that...
  6. Windows 10 forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Forcing Windows 10 to Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Forcing Windows 10 to Shutdown: Does anyone know how to force the inactivity timer to actually work? The problem seems to be that VLC player is disabling it, but I really don't want it to. I want the PC to shut down after a certain inactivity timeout no matter what. Anyone know how? 175665
  8. Wifi Shutting Off and Computer Forcing Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi Shutting Off and Computer Forcing Shutdown: This is the second day in a row this has happened. First I notice that I am no longer connected to the internet, and I am able to reconnect after troubleshooting, but then a window pops up saying that I am about to be signed out and the system gives me 5 minutes to save...
  9. Force shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force shutdown: Hello Eversince I've been using Windows 10 I have been struggling with many bugs and blue screens. Ok well I'm used to it now. But the thing is, when the computer is stuck, I'm unable to force shutdown and force restart it. I need to wait for the battery to be depleted....
  10. Forced shutdown safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Forced shutdown safe?: Although not Windows 10 fault my machine got hung up accessing a misbehaving NAS network share. Unfortunately it couldn't resolve and I couldn't restarte explorer. I then tried a shutdown via Ctrl Alt delete but it just laboured on 'restarting' but didn't do it. I left it a...