Windows 10: Windows key has stopped working

Discus and support Windows key has stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a problem with the Windows key no longer working on my daughter’s new Windows 10 laptop. If I press the key, nothing happens. I know it’s not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheLyppardMan, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Windows key has stopped working

I have a problem with the Windows key no longer working on my daughter’s new Windows 10 laptop. If I press the key, nothing happens.

I know it’s not the key itself because if I restore the entire hard drive from a Macrium Reflect image, it works perfectly. The only trouble then is my daughter’s game saves over the last few days are lost because unfortunately they weren’t backed up.

Can anyone tell me how to restore functionality to the Windows key without having to resort to a full-image restore?

:)

TheLyppardMan, Apr 14, 2020

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Apr 14, 2020
  3. down arrow key stopped working

My buddy's girlfriend was having this problem with a lappy except multiple keys weren't working. She tried troubleshooting, cleaning, canned air, checking drivers, then she called me. I asked "have you tried rebooting it?" She sheepishly said "no", rebooted, and problem solved.

Reboot is #1 on "shit to do when something isn't right" list.

DonInKansas, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Windows key has stopped working

Email, contacts, store etc... stops to work

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type the following commands in the given order and press Enter
      key after each command.

1. net stop wuauserv

2. rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old

3. net start wuauserv

• Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

After performing the above steps, I suggest you to try installing all the updates available for the system and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows key has stopped working

1. Windows key has stopped working - Similar Threads - key has stopped

2. windows key stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows key stopped working: i turned on my computer. and it wasnt working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-stopped-working/c8391583-c4ec-417a-87ee-7eb7cbe7f1a0
  3. windows key stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows key stopped working: i turned on my computer. and it wasnt working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-stopped-working/c8391583-c4ec-417a-87ee-7eb7cbe7f1a0
  4. windows key stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. _______ has stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    _______ has stopped working.: So for the past few weeks, I have seemed to lose more and more functionality of my computer. I use a full-sized desktop, and recently more and more, I would open an application and all except a small minority would close after a few seconds of being open if that. I've...
  6. My windows key has stopped working after hardware swap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows key has stopped working after hardware swap: As the title says my windows 10 copy is now unable to activate. I researched how i should go about upgrading my pc correctly to ensure i would still have my windows license in check, but apparently i did something wrong. Let me walk you through what i did, first i ran a...
  7. Insert key has stopped working after recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Insert key has stopped working after recent updates: I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or an Edge issue, as I've updated both in just the last couple of weeks. But on all three of my computers, the "insert" key has stopped toggling. I WAS able to type over characters. Now I'm forced to type in the new text and then...
  8. windows 10 photo enhance key has stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 photo enhance key has stopped working: Windows 10 photo enhance key has stopped working again, all other keys appear to function properly, it looks like another update has caused this. I have tried the repair switch, the reset switch and uninstalling - reinstalling, still does not work....
  9. Windows Mail Has Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail Has Stopped Working: Windows Mail first stopped syncing, then it stopped working at all. I reset, but it doesn't work. I can't uninstall it either (button is grayed out). So, that means I can't download it again since the Windows Store shows it as already installed. Any ideas?...
  10. Pressing Windows Key and then typing search has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Pressing Windows Key and then typing search has stopped working: I'm sure it's not my imagination. I use to be able to press the Windows Key, the Start Menu would pop up and then I could simply start typing the name of whatever program I wanted to launch. Since the last update (15063.608), that doesn't work. It appears that the "Type here...