Windows 10: Windows key+Home shortcut doesn´t work anymore - How to restore?

Discus and support Windows key+Home shortcut doesn´t work anymore - How to restore? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Background: I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 on my HP Z440 Workstation and did notice that Win+Home don´t work anym****0 Home 1909 to test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RogerRc1362, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Windows key+Home shortcut doesn´t work anymore - How to restore?

Background:

I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 on my HP Z440 Workstation and did notice that Win+Home don´t work anym****0 Home 1909 to test if it has been removed from 1909 but Win+Home do work on my laptop. My lapt****.

So, i decided to d****909 on my HP Workstation. Then i tested to open Edge at fullscreen and then launch Notepad and Win+Home does not work this time either. The expected result would have been that since Notepad was the active window a Win+Home should have minimized Edge. This test was done directly after the install, so no other third party apps had been installed.

According to this list updated on Jan 8 2020 Win+Home should work: Keyboard shortcuts in Windows

Question:

How do i get Win+Home back?

I have used it a lot during the years and miss it...

Misc.

• I have tested another keyboard t****n+H**** other keyboard shortcuts work as expected, such as Win+X, Win+E, Win+R, Win+D, Win+D, Win+M, etc, etc.

Computer: HP Z440 Workstation

Keyboard Settings: Swedish

Keyboard: Logitech G512

Windows key+Home shortcut doesn´t work anymore - How to restore? a2dfb137-ac44-4855-b80d-90156cdc912b?upload=true.png

* Original title: Win+Home don´t work anymore - How to restore?

:)

RogerRc1362, Jan 16, 2020

2. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Windows key+Home shortcut doesn´t work anymore - How to restore? [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Jan 16, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

I dunno.

Re-install the TWAIN drivers? (They are not included in Windows.)

You might get a better answer if you gave the make and model of the scanner.

bobkn, Jan 16, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows key+Home shortcut doesn´t work anymore - How to restore?

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows key+Home shortcut doesn´t work anymore - How to restore? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows key+Home shortcut doesn´t work anymore - How to restore?

1. Windows key+Home shortcut doesn´t work anymore - How to restore? - Similar Threads - key+Home shortcut doesn´t

2. fingerprint doesn`t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint doesn`t work: My fingerprint doesn`t work for many times, and i read the advices of the site, but nothing works. The fingerprint fix itself, but after many days and the problem repeat and repet. It is anoying. In the settings says "this option is unvailable" for every option! Why??? How to...
  3. fingerprint doesn`t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fingerprint doesn`t work: My fingerprint doesn`t work for many times, and i read the advices of the site, but nothing works. The fingerprint fix itself, but after many days and the problem repeat and repet. It is anoying. In the settings says "this option is unvailable" for every option! Why??? How to...
  4. Windows key doesn´t work correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows key doesn´t work correctly: By mistake I deleted Program File x86 folder, I managed to get it back by restoring my computer, but my window key does not work as it used to, now I have to press fn + window key in order to make it work. How can I fix this and make it work by only pressing the window key....
  5. Micro doesn´t work anymore after Windows 1909 update

Micro doesn´t work anymore after Windows 1909 update: Hello, thanks for reading this since that mean you are going to help me... Firstly, with microphone doesn´t work i mean it doesn´t get input sounds despite the fact it gets detected and apps are using itIt is shown by this new update in lower right corner. It is not micro...
  6. Win+Home don´t work anymore - How to restore?

Win+Home don´t work anymore - How to restore?: Background: I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 on my HP Z440 Workstation and did notice that Win+Home don´t work anym****0 Home 1909 to test if it has been removed from 1909 but Win+Home do work on my laptop. My lapt****. So, i decided to d****909 on my HP...
  7. speech recognition doesn´t work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speech recognition doesn´t work: Hi, I use Voiceattack, an app that uses speech recognition to send command to games. It has stopped working for some reason. I use the mic that is integrated in the cam that I also use for headtracking. it´s worked ok for years. I´ve checked the windows 10 sound config....
  8. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update: As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution. My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not...
  9. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update: As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution. My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not...
  10. Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.: Hello everybody. First of all, I want to apologize for my English, is not my natural language. After a normal power off, my laptop didn`t run Windows normally and showed a blue screen saying "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. [...] Stop code:...