Windows 10: Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?

Discus and support Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Wanted to use my PC today and my buttons literally swapped for no bloody reason. The system recognizes the Windows Key as L-Alt and vice versa. How the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ibrahim1995a, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?

Wanted to use my PC today and my buttons literally swapped for no bloody reason. The system recognizes the Windows Key as L-Alt and vice versa. How the hell does this even happen? My keyboard worked perfectly fine yesterday. I’m in desperate need of help!

:)

ibrahim1995a, Jan 15, 2022
  2. xfire Win User

Keyboard with Tux keys

Alt+F1 is for the shortcut for the menu, other than that everything is similar. If you use KDE environment you can set it to retain the functionality of the windows key.

xfire, Jan 15, 2022
  3. Wile E Win User
    Keyboard with Tux keys

He's not talking about it from a control standpoint. He want's to physically replace the Windows keys on his keyboards with ones that have Tux on them.

Wile E, Jan 15, 2022
  4. Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?

Windows 10: Right Alt Key working as Clt+Alt Keys

I have windows 10 on my laptop. The problem comes after Intel graphics diver is installed in the system. When the hot keys given in graphics option is enabled, any of alt+arrow work as clt+alt+arrow key, i.e., as a hot key and rotates my screen even when
    I am not pressing Clt. The default clt+alt+arrow key works as it should be (rotating the screen). But whenever I press Alt+arrow key screen rotates instead of going back or forward or up or skip 10s while watching a video in VLC player.

When I disable hot keys, alt+arrow key completely stops working while rest of the shortcut key works. I also tried uninstalling Intel graphics driver but then also it doesn't work and alt+arrow keys do nothing while other shortcut key works.

Edit: All this is happening only with Right Alt key only. But this does not seem to a hardware problem as I had enabled locate pointer when Clt is pressed and when I press R-Alt key alone
    it doesn't show a circle around the pointer. Also, I tested my R-alt on Ubuntu 16.04 where it's working completely fine.

AbhinavKumar4, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?

1. Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How? - Similar Threads - Key Alt Key

2. Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?: Wanted to use my PC today and my buttons literally swapped for no bloody reason. The system recognizes the Windows Key as L-Alt and vice versa. How the hell does this even happen? My keyboard worked perfectly fine yesterday. I’m in desperate need of help!...
  3. Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?: Wanted to use my PC today and my buttons literally swapped for no bloody reason. The system recognizes the Windows Key as L-Alt and vice versa. How the hell does this even happen? My keyboard worked perfectly fine yesterday. I’m in desperate need of help!...
  4. Windows key, alt, Cyril, and shift keys stuck virtually

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows key, alt, Cyril, and shift keys stuck virtually: I’ve been having an issue recently, shift, alt, Ctrl, and windows keys are stuck virtually, physically they are fine, it’s making my pc completely unusable as every time I try to type or do anything random apps open up or other wierd things happen, also when I try opening an...
  5. Alt Keys not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt Keys not working on Windows 10: Any reason why my left and right ALT keys arent working? Ive tried 2 different keyboards. Almost like its disabled. submitted by /u/xGrimVeritaSx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h935y6/alt_keys_not_working_on_windows_10/
  6. Both Alt Keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both Alt Keys not working: Hi My alt key, both of them, not working. It happened all of a sudden and didn't install any software recently. And I am worried about editing registry files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/both-alt-keys-not-working/ad11f0bb-c742-4708-b9a2-13dffbb49e56
  7. Alt key problem.

Alt key problem.: I would like to ask about my problem with Alt key. When i write document in ms.word, Alt key in some point will get press not phisycally and disturbed me when i write. Why this is happen? Help........
  8. Alt Keys Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt Keys Not Working Properly: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build18363.657 Edge Version 80.0.361.50 (Official build) (64-bit) I often use ALT + 0151 to create an em dash (long dash). Now, when I using my browser, I get this symbol instead: ☺. It doesn't matter whether I use Edge, Firefox, and Chrome,...
  9. Windows Key + L or + R not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Key + L or + R not working: I bought an Aero 15. Due to a Windows issue, and a hasty decision, I did a factory reset. I am reinstalling the drivers from Gigabyte's website, but I have noticed that Windows Key + L or +R or plus anything does not work. I do hear a sound when I do it. What am I supposed...
  10. Alt-key stuck

Alt-key stuck: Hey all, I'm having a problem where my alt-key seems to be active all of the time. The alt key is pressed down whether or not I have a keyboard physically connected. Meaning when I use the On Screen Keyboard it displays it as pressed down. I checked and do not have...