Windows 10: Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?

Discus and support Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Wanted to use my PC today and my buttons literally swapped for no bloody reason. The system recognizes the Windows Key as L-Alt and vice versa. How the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ibrahim1995a, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?

Wanted to use my PC today and my buttons literally swapped for no bloody reason. The system recognizes the Windows Key as L-Alt and vice versa. How the hell does this even happen? My keyboard worked perfectly fine yesterday. I’m in desperate need of help!

:)

ibrahim1995a, Jan 15, 2022
  2. xfire Win User

Keyboard with Tux keys

Alt+F1 is for the shortcut for the menu, other than that everything is similar. If you use KDE environment you can set it to retain the functionality of the windows key.

xfire, Jan 15, 2022
  3. Wile E Win User
    Keyboard with Tux keys

He's not talking about it from a control standpoint. He want's to physically replace the Windows keys on his keyboards with ones that have Tux on them.

Wile E, Jan 15, 2022
  4. Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?

Windows 10: Right Alt Key working as Clt+Alt Keys

I have windows 10 on my laptop. The problem comes after Intel graphics diver is installed in the system. When the hot keys given in graphics option is enabled, any of alt+arrow work as clt+alt+arrow key, i.e., as a hot key and rotates my screen even when
    I am not pressing Clt. The default clt+alt+arrow key works as it should be (rotating the screen). But whenever I press Alt+arrow key screen rotates instead of going back or forward or up or skip 10s while watching a video in VLC player.

When I disable hot keys, alt+arrow key completely stops working while rest of the shortcut key works. I also tried uninstalling Intel graphics driver but then also it doesn't work and alt+arrow keys do nothing while other shortcut key works.

Edit: All this is happening only with Right Alt key only. But this does not seem to a hardware problem as I had enabled locate pointer when Clt is pressed and when I press R-Alt key alone
    it doesn't show a circle around the pointer. Also, I tested my R-alt on Ubuntu 16.04 where it's working completely fine.

AbhinavKumar4, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?

1. Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How? - Similar Threads - Key Alt Key

2. F Keys Working as Alt Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F Keys Working as Alt Keys: Hello I've been having problems with my computer, with my f keys suddenly not working regardless of if I press fn. I've been trying all kinds of solutions and eventually I thought to try and assign new macros for the f keys, but when I try to make a new macro it just says I'm...
  3. F Keys Working as Alt Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F Keys Working as Alt Keys: Hello I've been having problems with my computer, with my f keys suddenly not working regardless of if I press fn. I've been trying all kinds of solutions and eventually I thought to try and assign new macros for the f keys, but when I try to make a new macro it just says I'm...
  4. alt key and / key swtiched

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt key and / key swtiched: Hi guys,my / key has suddenly taken the functionality of my alt key.this is for both the / keys on the number pad and normal keyboard side.on ms excel if i type the / key it triggers the alt functions.this is making it a nightmare to type dates etc.i am also unable to use the...
  5. alt key and / key swtiched

alt key and / key swtiched: Hi guys,my / key has suddenly taken the functionality of my alt key.this is for both the / keys on the number pad and normal keyboard side.on ms excel if i type the / key it triggers the alt functions.this is making it a nightmare to type dates etc.i am also unable to use the...
  6. alt key acting as m key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt key acting as m key: My keyboard was working fine now the m key is acting is if im pressing the alt key. The only way i can get the letter is by using the on screen keyboard. Please someone help...
  7. alt key acting as m key

alt key acting as m key: My keyboard was working fine now the m key is acting is if im pressing the alt key. The only way i can get the letter is by using the on screen keyboard. Please someone help...
  8. Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?: Wanted to use my PC today and my buttons literally swapped for no bloody reason. The system recognizes the Windows Key as L-Alt and vice versa. How the hell does this even happen? My keyboard worked perfectly fine yesterday. I’m in desperate need of help!...
  9. Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?: Wanted to use my PC today and my buttons literally swapped for no bloody reason. The system recognizes the Windows Key as L-Alt and vice versa. How the hell does this even happen? My keyboard worked perfectly fine yesterday. I’m in desperate need of help!...
  10. Windows Key + L or + R not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Key + L or + R not working: I bought an Aero 15. Due to a Windows issue, and a hasty decision, I did a factory reset. I am reinstalling the drivers from Gigabyte's website, but I have noticed that Windows Key + L or +R or plus anything does not work. I do hear a sound when I do it. What am I supposed...