Windows 10: windows key is not bringing up the start menu

Discus and support windows key is not bringing up the start menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After approx 1/2 an hour of the PC running (this time cam vary), I will press my start button + E for explorer, or D for desktop, or even just pressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrGeeEss, Jun 4, 2019.

1. MrGeeEss Win User

windows key is not bringing up the start menu

After approx 1/2 an hour of the PC running (this time cam vary), I will press my start button + E for explorer, or D for desktop, or even just pressing the start button alone does not work.

I plugged in a USB keyboard and had the same issue.

Windows on-screen keyboard recognises that the start button has been triggered both on the laptops integrated keyboard and the external keyboard also.

A virtual machine i am running in the background is also able to detect the start button and raises the start menu when start is pressed.

Restarting the PC fixes the issue for a further 1/2 an hour or so and then the issue resumes.

Winver: 1803 / 17134.765

windows key is not bringing up the start menu 4dd5f2ab-9f02-4a42-a149-58cb9967b42e?upload=true.jpg

:)

MrGeeEss, Jun 4, 2019
  2. Easy Rhino, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Microsoft Will Soon Bring Back The Start Menu In Windows 8.1

You need to make a new account, when windows 8.1 just installed. then click sign in locally *Roll Eyes windows key is not bringing up the start menu :rolleyes:

OT: But I love it that they are bringing it back. sure i love the metro interface on my surface. BUT NOT ON MY BIG PC SCREEN. thats why I have the whole stardock suite installed. it has an start menu, and the metro apps in your explorer window*Toast :toast:

Black.Raven, Jun 4, 2019
  4. windows key is not bringing up the start menu

Start menu,Wifi key, Search key not working

Hello Nikhil,

The issues with accessing the Start menu/ Windows key might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files after installing the latest update on your computer.

Provide us with additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message with this issue?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested from the Microsoft helps article like: Check for updates, Restart the computer, run the troubleshooter, create test user account and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Start menu, Search bar for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

windows key is not bringing up the start menu

1. windows key is not bringing up the start menu - Similar Threads - key bringing start

2. Start up menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up menu: For some reason my start button in the bottom left corner is not working, hasn't worked for awhile now. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-menu/5bc69178-25dc-4106-be97-cdd9df310fa0
  3. Start up menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start up menu: For some reason my start button in the bottom left corner is not working, hasn't worked for awhile now. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-menu/5bc69178-25dc-4106-be97-cdd9df310fa0
  4. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click does not bring up a menu: I have searched this problem and none of the supposed fixes work for me. So far I have verified the mouse works, downloaded shellexe and disabled all non-microsoft content, ran the file checker and scannow, updated the mouse driver, and re-booted a million times. When I click...
  5. Right click does not bring up a menu

Right click does not bring up a menu: I have searched this problem and none of the supposed fixes work for me. So far I have verified the mouse works, downloaded shellexe and disabled all non-microsoft content, ran the file checker and scannow, updated the mouse driver, and re-booted a million times. When I click...
  6. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Key / Start menu(?) Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Key / Start menu(?) Problem: Currently having an issue that causes the windows menu to close after opening immediately. I also can not right click any applications in the task bar. A white box sometimes appears as if I'm pressing tab, but I have unplugged my mouse / keyboard separately to see if either...
  8. Please bring back full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please bring back full screen start menu: Please bring it back . I have fully adapted to it. I could browse all my apps with a clean wallpaper with no desktop icon. A few big tiles to quick show weather while I click into folder to open my Adobe apps, Spotify, and everything up. It is much more versatile and...
  9. Please bring back full screen start menu

Please bring back full screen start menu: Please bring it back . I have fully adapted to it. I could browse all my apps with a clean wallpaper with no desktop icon. A few big tiles to quick show weather while I click into folder to open my Adobe apps, Spotify, and everything up. It is much more versatile and...
  10. How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu: See tutorial: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html ​Right click on the Start Button and select "Run" Type "regedit" Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Explorer>Advance Create a new DWORD (32-bit) value, call it...