Windows 10: Windows key is sticking every time I press the B,N, or = keys

Discus and support Windows key is sticking every time I press the B,N, or = keys in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Windows key is sticking every time I press the B,N, or = keys. I am able to unstick the Windows key by pressing it again. Pressing another key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ecstatic_Ad_9015, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Windows key is sticking every time I press the B,N, or = keys

My Windows key is sticking every time I press the B,N, or = keys. I am able to unstick the Windows key by pressing it again.

Pressing another key simultaneously with the B or N keys (e.g. Ctrl + B, Shift + N) does not cause sticking.

I first noticed this issue after I exited a game of League of Legends.

I have tried uninstalling the keyboard driver and rebooting my laptop to no avail. I currently do not possess an external keyboard to use for testing.

submitted by /u/Ecstatic_Ad_9015
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ecstatic_Ad_9015, Aug 11, 2020

2. Toshiba L750 keys: ` leftshift a b n keys not working suddenly

Hey Everyone

Started typing on my internal laptop keyboard today and reliased that mainly keys a b and n were not working.
    So I decided to clean them by taking off the key and white holder, then used a cloth to clean all the dust etc.. both under the rubber button and around it. This still didn't work however, so I then decided to uninstall and reinstall the driver as well. However this didn't work either.

Its probably best to try and buy a new one off e-bay, but before I do this does anyone else have any suggestions?

Also interesting, a b and n seems to be a popular combination of keys for other toshiba laptops that don't seem to be working... (Using a USB keyboard atm to type which works fine)

Thanks Windows key is sticking every time I press the B,N, or = keys :)

ellellell1, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Shift Key and Number key cannot be pressed at the same time.

Hello,

There are several factors why you are unable to use the shortcut keys function such as keyboard settings, or if there is an issue with the keyboard itself. To help you resolve this, kindly try the following suggestions:

• You might have selected an input language other than English. To work around with this, go to
      Control Panel > Region and Language and check. You can also check if your keyboard has a language selection available that may need to be changed.
    • We suggest as well that you reset the keyboard layout by reinstalling the language and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows+R keys and type intl.cpl. Hit Enter.
    • Go to Administrative tab and click on
      Change system locale
      button.
    • Select the correct language and country from the drop-down box.
    • Navigate to the location tab and check if region settings are appropriate.
    • Apply the changes and Windows will require a reboot.

Inform us for any updates regarding the issue so we can assist you further.

Regene Jos, Aug 11, 2020
  4. manofthem Win User

Windows key is sticking every time I press the B,N, or = keys

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows key is sticking every time I press the B,N, or = keys

1. Windows key is sticking every time I press the B,N, or = keys - Similar Threads - key sticking every

2. Every time I press my letter n key, it toggles the win key and keeps it pressed down...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I press my letter n key, it toggles the win key and keeps it pressed down...: Every time I press my n key, it will open the page of “How to get help in windows 11” and when I open the onscreen keyboard, I see that the win key is pressed down continuously. It is ONLY the n key and if I want it to stop, I have to press the win key WHILE the on screen...
  3. Every time I press my letter n key, it toggles the win key and keeps it pressed down...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I press my letter n key, it toggles the win key and keeps it pressed down...: Every time I press my n key, it will open the page of “How to get help in windows 11” and when I open the onscreen keyboard, I see that the win key is pressed down continuously. It is ONLY the n key and if I want it to stop, I have to press the win key WHILE the on screen...
  4. My keys b/n and spacebar are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keys b/n and spacebar are not working: Done trouble shooting,no breakage... Good as new. Windows 11 dell inspiron 5593 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keys-bn-and-spacebar-are-not-working/1c54df4a-019a-457d-9deb-f236439f410d
  5. My keys b/n and spacebar are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keys b/n and spacebar are not working: Done trouble shooting,no breakage... Good as new. Windows 11 dell inspiron 5593 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keys-bn-and-spacebar-are-not-working/1c54df4a-019a-457d-9deb-f236439f410d
  6. The Spacebar, 'B' and 'N' keys, Arrow keys except the Up key, and '3' on the Numeric keypad...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Spacebar, 'B' and 'N' keys, Arrow keys except the Up key, and '3' on the Numeric keypad...: Hello!I have a Lenovo Ideapad 110-15ISK with the following description:Model: 80UDProcessor: Core i3-6100U @ 2.3GHzI have Windows 10 Home 22H2 with OS Build 10.0.19045.I'm currently facing an issue regarding my laptop's keyboard with several keys not working at all. These...
  7. keys z, b, n, down arrow key, and left shift key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keys z, b, n, down arrow key, and left shift key not working: Hello there! As stated above, the keys are not being input as I use my computer. It's incredibly frustrating to even type this out as I'm using the On-Screen keyboard to even function. The only thing I can think of that might have caused this was an accidental sharp jerk on...
  8. B/n KEYS

B/n KEYS: MY "B" and "N" Keys turn on caps lock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bn-keys/fabe3dde-0b18-46f9-9837-8ef15197d08c
  9. keyboard keys issues- b,m,n and space

keyboard keys issues- b,m,n and space: Hi microsoft team, after typing of letters b,m,n keyboard cursor going to start of the document. and cursor not moving forward until I press Ok. this is a big issue. I have tried to earlier system restore but that not solved issue. i also tried uninstalling the...
  10. Toshiba L750 keys: ` leftshift a b n keys not working suddenly

Toshiba L750 keys: ` leftshift a b n keys not working suddenly: Hey Everyone Started typing on my internal laptop keyboard today and reliased that mainly keys a b and n were not working. So I decided to clean them by taking off the key and white holder, then used a cloth to clean all the dust etc.. both under the rubber button and...