Windows 10: Windows Key + L or + R not working

Discus and support Windows Key + L or + R not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought an Aero 15. Due to a Windows issue, and a hasty decision, I did a factory reset. I am reinstalling the drivers from Gigabyte's website, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leftisthominid, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Windows Key + L or + R not working

I bought an Aero 15. Due to a Windows issue, and a hasty decision, I did a factory reset.

I am reinstalling the drivers from Gigabyte's website, but I have noticed that Windows Key + L or +R or plus anything does not work. I do hear a sound when I do it. What am I supposed to do to fix this?

The issue doesn't manifest with an external keyboard

:)

leftisthominid, Mar 30, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

WIN+SHIFT+L/R ARROW Doesn't work, any alternate?

Hi Sean, welcome to the Ten Forums.

I have build 9860, works like a charm. All I can suggest is that you upgrade as soon as possible.

3. Hyphen key, and Alt code sporadically stop working.

Hi Rogue,

We would appreciate for the troubleshooting steps that you have tried.

• Have you installed the latest keyboard driver from the computer manufacturer’s website?

I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and check if the same issue persists:

• Press Windows + R keys together.

• Type “osk” and hit enter.
    Hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Windows Key + L or + R not working

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows Key + L or + R not working

1. Windows Key + L or + R not working - Similar Threads - Key working

2. Product Key not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key not working: I received a product key from school when I graduated in 2014, and need to use it now. It is not recognizing it but I believe it should be since it is for Microsoft office 2013? Any advice?...
  3. MS Ergonomic Sculpt Desktop Keyboard and Key Pay not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Ergonomic Sculpt Desktop Keyboard and Key Pay not working: Hi I have 2 sets of these Sculpt combo and I really love it. Feel comfortable with the Keyboard for 2 years now. One set wasn't used for a while and I recently connected them to my work laptop. The Mouse was working but not the keyboard and number pad. So I replace the...
  4. some keys (t,y, tab, caps on left side, backspace) no longer work.

some keys (t,y, tab, caps on left side, backspace) no longer work.: some keys (t,y, tab, caps on left side, backspace) no longer work. I have updated the Lenovo software. it started around 4/15/19. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-ty-tab-caps-on-left-side-backspace-no/fb6db7f3-2aff-48bd-beb6-7ffe8f90ae62
  5. Windows 10 product key not work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 product key not work: I am trying to enter my windows 10 product key to activate it, but its dose not work. It was work before on the same system but I change the mother board and cpu. please help me to solve this issue. Thanks...
  6. FN + f1-f12 keycombination not working properly as media keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    FN + f1-f12 keycombination not working properly as media keys: I've had this problem since i updated to the last version of windows. what i expect the keys to do is when i press the combination FN + f7 the music in spotify plays or pauses but when i have any form of media on chrome open for example a youtube video, i plays/pauses that...
  7. some keys randomly stop working.

some keys randomly stop working.: Hi everyone My asus laptop is doing this weird thing, where everytime I turn it on or wake it up some keys are not working ( like A, D, F, J, K, L, ; , Esc ). They will eventually start working, after about 15 minutes... I changed the keyboard once, because of the same...
  8. Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working: Hello, I've recently lost the ability to select text or cells by holding shift key and using arrow keys to highlight/select. I've checked scroll lock, sticky keys and restarted a number of times. My shift and arrow keys work fine independently. Control + Arrow keys are...
  9. Some keys only work when pressed in combination with Fn key

Some keys only work when pressed in combination with Fn key: Hello everyone, I have a strange issue with my keyboard and I can't seem to find other posts about it. When I press specific keys (L, down arrow, 9 on numpad), they sometimes are not recognized. For minutes at a time, I cannot press them on their own (issue is present in...
  10. Ctrl key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl key not working: Hello, as said in the subject, my control key is not working. I'm not sure if I should post it here or on another forum, but I hope it is okay to post here. My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro, it's about 2 years old. A few days ago, it was returned after being sent away from...