Windows 10: Windows Key no longer Valid?

Discus and support Windows Key no longer Valid? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I put a key in in march, it worked, now 8 months later out of nowhere it again pops up in my bottom right corner i need to activate key with error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by chandlerpuwal, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Windows Key no longer Valid?

I put a key in in march, it worked, now 8 months later out of nowhere it again pops up in my bottom right corner i need to activate key with error code 0xc004c060 which says fraudlent key, but why would this happen 8 months into its use if it were a fraud key? I did buy this key from kinguin.com

:)

chandlerpuwal, Nov 30, 2018

2. My old Windows key is no longer valid.

I got a free upgrade tro win 10 pro, and i have reinstalled it several times before without problems. but this time my drive died and i had to install windows from scratch. Windows do no longer recognize the key as a valid windows 10 key. What do i do?

Tom-ArildRaen, Nov 30, 2018
  3. My Windows Vista key is not valid?

A message just popped up saying my key is not valid and I have to buy another or call ms.. How come ive been on it for a week and it just now says its "not valid"? Its a Home Premium key I bought off of newegg, do I call them or call ms?

ShadowFold, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Windows Key no longer Valid?

Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Hi,

I did not realise I had been at all vague, my apologies.

Unfortunately my neighbour now has his laptop back as I got nowhere. I have suggested he wait until the windows 10 upgrade system makes it available through windows update (it is in the queue).

As stated, I have tried running from the media created by the media creation tool to a USB (this is what I used to successfully upgrade my laptop and surface Pro). I have also run the media creation tool and opted for it to upgrade directly rather than save the files.

The operating system is Win7 Home premium OEM version. The key is valid and I re-validated it to be sure with the MS online actvation system. The laptop is 64-bit.

On each occasion it goes through the initial install steps and then gets to the screen where it asks for the product key.

On this screen there is no skip option and as the product key is not accepted, the only option is to cancel the install.

For some reason the upgrade seems to be taking a different path on this machine and does not give the skip option.

Regards
    Mike

mikepaterson, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows Key no longer Valid?

1. Windows Key no longer Valid? - Similar Threads - Key longer Valid

2. email address no longer valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    email address no longer valid: I registered *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and microsoft advises it no longer recongizes this account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address-no-longer-valid/c573e24f-38c0-45b0-9d55-e4c8877d15e8
  3. email address no longer valid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email address no longer valid: I registered *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and microsoft advises it no longer recongizes this account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address-no-longer-valid/c573e24f-38c0-45b0-9d55-e4c8877d15e8
  4. Windows Key not valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key not valid: I have an old hp 15 laptop. While it was still under warranty, the hard drive crashed. HP sent my a replacement drive and complete installation CDs, which I have converted to a flash drive. With product key baked into BIOS I never have to enter it, it just activates.December...
  5. Windows Key not valid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Key not valid: I have an old hp 15 laptop. While it was still under warranty, the hard drive crashed. HP sent my a replacement drive and complete installation CDs, which I have converted to a flash drive. With product key baked into BIOS I never have to enter it, it just activates.December...
  6. Checking the validation of windows key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Checking the validation of windows key: Hey! I am using windows 10 for a long time and I'm thinking if my windows is activated with the genuine key or cracked. My machine is old and it didn't came with windows 10 preinstalled. That time I had windows 7.This is an image which I think will be needed for it. But I was...
  7. validation of windows product key

validation of windows product key: I got the pre-installed windows 10 on my laptop and I was given the product key with it. After some hardware update I reinstalled to OS on my device, but this time during my windows activation my it shows that my product key is not valid. What should I do?...
  8. Validation of Windows 10 Keys

Validation of Windows 10 Keys: I believe there should be a way to validate a purchased key without activating it on your machine. This feature could be available on the microsoft account side of things once your details are entered into your profile and a telephone number verification be activated to...
  9. Windows Key isn't valid

Windows Key isn't valid: I put my Windows hard drive into a new computer..that had no operating system on it....It will boot up just find, except it says I don't have a windows 10 key. It won't recognize it as being the same computer.. (do I make any sense) What can I do.. don't want to have to buy...
  10. PIN passcode no longer valid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PIN passcode no longer valid: Hi, My Outlook failed on me today and i was trying to troubleshoot following some instructions and looks like ive done the wrong thing, i've disabled all in the System processes task box and it shut everything down. It now will not accept my Pin passcode (HP Pavillion) nor my...