Windows 10: Windows key no longer works in game

Discus and support Windows key no longer works in game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The windows key on my keyboard used to bring up my start menu while I was gaming and now it does not. It is not the setting on my keyboard and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MikeJensen7, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Windows key no longer works in game

The windows key on my keyboard used to bring up my start menu while I was gaming and now it does not. It is not the setting on my keyboard and the button works all other times. I know I can just alt tab but I want to be able to use the windows key as well. Google has not been very helpful, new profile didn't work.

Any ideas?

:)

MikeJensen7, Dec 31, 2018

2. Arrow Keys and Spacebar Not Working in Games

Hello,

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• Are the arrow keys and spacebar key working fine other than online and steam games?
    • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes prior to this issue?
    • Do you face this issue in all online games and steam games?
    • Have you checked if there are settings to change the controls in the game?

You may try the hardware troubleshooter and check if this helps.

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 31, 2018
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Windows key no longer works in game

Audio drivers not working in windows 10(z170 gaming pro)

Hi Mandeep,

Sorry for the delayed response.

• What do you mean when you say "front jack is not working getting noise in that?"
    • Can you hear sound through earphones or external Speakers?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Device Manager (Windows key + letter 'X').
    • Click on the option View over the top and choose Show Hidden Devices.
    • Expand "Sound, Video and Game Controllers."
    • Delete the drivers that are greyed out.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows key no longer works in game

1. Windows key no longer works in game - Similar Threads - key longer works

2. Windows key no longer working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows key no longer working: i just upgraded some components on my pc motherboard, cpu + rams, after i had done that i decided that i would upgrade to windows 11 but i made the mistake of formatting my pc and then loading windows 11 from a media tool instead of an upgrade.now whenever i do try activating...
  3. Windows key no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key no longer working: i just upgraded some components on my pc motherboard, cpu + rams, after i had done that i decided that i would upgrade to windows 11 but i made the mistake of formatting my pc and then loading windows 11 from a media tool instead of an upgrade.now whenever i do try activating...
  4. Windows key no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows key no longer works in-game, eventually "breaks"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key no longer works in-game, eventually "breaks": The windows key on my keyboard used to bring up my start menu while I was gaming and now it does not. I had the problem a week or so ago and an update fixed it. But now the problem came back. It's not a big problem but if I leave the game running to go to desktop for...
  6. Windows key no longer works in-game, eventually "breaks"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows key no longer works in-game, eventually "breaks": The windows key on my keyboard used to bring up my start menu while I was gaming and now it does not. I had the problem a week or so ago and an update fixed it. But now the problem came back. It's not a big problem but if I leave the game running to go to desktop for...
  7. Windows Key is No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Key is No Longer Working: The other day I was bouncing back and forth between the game I was playing and YouTube, at some point I brought up a menu that showed key control settings; Like which key did what. I'm not sure if it was hot keys or what, I looked at the screen briefly and don't know what I...
  8. Windows Key No Longer Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Key No Longer Working: So within the last week or so I noticed my windows key has stopped responding. I can't use it at all. My laptop is pretty sturdy so I don't think its a mechanical issue. I have tried multiple strategies to get the key working again. Ive checked updates, disabled game mode,...
  9. Windows 10 key no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 key no longer works: After installing the new Windows update on 8/7/19 or 8/8/19, my windows key will not validate. My computer starts like normal, but I have a message in the bottom right corner of my screen. When I try to validate my copy of windows, which is legit and I bought from Best Buy a...
  10. Game no longer workes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game no longer workes: I bought a new HP laptop loaded my favorite game it played perfect for 6 months. Then one day Windows installed a update said I needed to restart after I restarted my laptop my game would no longer. The game is Heroes Of Might And Magic 3 complete....