Windows 10: Windows Key not functioing while Brightness control is nowhere to be found

Discus and support Windows Key not functioing while Brightness control is nowhere to be found in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good day! Am not sure if anyone experienced the same situation i am in. However, i noticed after installing several updates, including optional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by neil_hold, Dec 1, 2020.

1. neil_hold Win User

Windows Key not functioing while Brightness control is nowhere to be found

Good day!

Am not sure if anyone experienced the same situation i am in. However, i noticed after installing several updates, including optional updates, in the windows settings, the brightness control disappeared and, in addition, my windows key is no longer functioning.

I did update the drivers and browsed other topics to find a solution but, nothing works. Already had a reset but it was not something i expected, the issues still exist. Hoping i could revert or even willing to re-install Microsoft to start anew but a bit clueless of the safest method on how to go about it.

Hoping for your generous help.

Thank you.

:)

neil_hold, Dec 1, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Dec 1, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

Hi, There's a the slider for brightness at the bottom of the Action Centre (build 1903).

If you'd be prepared to consider an alternative... how about smooth control of brightness using your scroll wheel?
    Press a key, plus scroll, and adjust your brightness.

The key and the steps are your choice.

Oh, and it can adjust volume similarly.

Works nicely on my Lenovo Thinkpad, where the Fn key steps for brightness are a bit harsh.

Volumouse (free):
    Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Windows Key not functioing while Brightness control is nowhere to be found

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows Key not functioing while Brightness control is nowhere to be found

1. Windows Key not functioing while Brightness control is nowhere to be found - Similar Threads - Key functioing while

2. EMDMgmt nowhere to be found in the Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EMDMgmt nowhere to be found in the Registry: So I wanted to enable readyboost on my laptop but it says that my laptop is already fast enough and all of the ways to enable readyboost forcefully include a folder in the registry 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\EMDMgmt' but the EMDMgmt is...
  3. Bluetooth nowhere to be found.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth nowhere to be found.: Hi! I recently reinstalled Windows on my laptop, my laptop has bluetooth inbuilt and was working flawlessly before the reset, I installed windows through flash drive and I had no problem doing that. I cannot find bluetooth at Device manager, here are the steps are followed...
  4. Windows 10 Brightness Control Keys not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Brightness Control Keys not working: my HP laptop has 2 brightness control keys on f3 and f4they used to work fine but suddenly they stopped working but when I turn on the fn key they work as f keys normally submitted by /u/MoJolt [link] [comments]...
  5. Display brightness control cannot be found

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display brightness control cannot be found: I am using Windows 10 Pro 2004 on a Dell 270S mini-tower PC. Neither Windows 10 nor the Intel driver software provide a brightness control. The issue was also with Windows 10 1909. I have a hunch that Microsoft and Intel each thought that the brightness control would be...
  6. Display brightness control cannot be found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display brightness control cannot be found: I am using Windows 10 Pro 2004 on a Dell 270S mini-tower PC. Neither Windows 10 nor the Intel driver software provide a brightness control. The issue was also with Windows 10 1909. I have a hunch that Microsoft and Intel each thought that the brightness control would be...
  7. Cortana is nowhere to be found...

in Cortana
    Cortana is nowhere to be found...: Hello! I have a few simple questions. Is Cortana available in the Philippines? Because I can't seem to find her anywhere in my laptop. If yes, is there anyway to easily find her? I've tried all the obvious options like using the search bar, device manager, etc. Still no...
  8. Brightness adjustment nowhere to be found and display adapters are completely up to date...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness adjustment nowhere to be found and display adapters are completely up to date...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AggitatedEgg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eww5hl/brightness_adjustment_nowhere_to_be_found_and/
  9. Brightness slider or control cannot be found.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness slider or control cannot be found.: I have an HP AIO touchsmart and I cannot find how to make my screen brighter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider-or-control-cannot-be-found/94f892c1-9dd0-4c92-85af-77c3fcd07152
  10. Logitech Setpoint nowhere to be found.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Setpoint nowhere to be found.: Did a clean Windows 10 install yesterday, and installed the latest Logitech setpoint. After the installation it stated that I can edit settings for my mouse or keyboard by clicking the setpoint tile in the start menu. Well it is not there, and I cannot even find where it was...