Windows 10: Windows key not mapped properly

Discus and support Windows key not mapped properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My windows key does not open the start menu, instead it seems to be linked to my media player or something as when I press it, it pauses/stops whatever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by eduardosanchez02, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Windows key not mapped properly

My windows key does not open the start menu, instead it seems to be linked to my media player or something as when I press it, it pauses/stops whatever YouTube video I have playing. I've tried the keyboard troubleshooter but nothing came up, anyone know what's going on?

:)

eduardosanchez02, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing Enhanced Security for Bing Maps API Keys

Source: Announcing Enhanced Security for Bing Maps API Keys | Maps Blog

Brink, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Announcing Enhanced Security for Bing Maps API Keys

Source: Announcing Enhanced Security for Bing Maps API Keys | Maps Blog

Brink, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Windows key not mapped properly

Windows 10 function keys not working properly

Hi Brianna,

I suggest you to Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers and see if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
      the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows key not mapped properly

1. Windows key not mapped properly - Similar Threads - key mapped properly

2. Map not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Map not working properly: Using W11 on an HP desktop. Microsoft Maps does not function correctly. When I type in a road name a drop down menu offers me choices, When I click on one of them I get the message "We can't find ....." . If I use a postcode the location is found....
  3. Map not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Map not working properly: Using W11 on an HP desktop. Microsoft Maps does not function correctly. When I type in a road name a drop down menu offers me choices, When I click on one of them I get the message "We can't find ....." . If I use a postcode the location is found....
  4. Window 10 Enterprise Key Mapping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Enterprise Key Mapping: Hi,How can I find the number of systems activated with a single Windows Enetrprise 10 Key.Can someone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-enterprise-key-mapping/9dd9a5c5-0ed1-4b68-a3e6-773ae756364f
  5. Window 10 Enterprise Key Mapping

Window 10 Enterprise Key Mapping: Hi,How can I find the number of systems activated with a single Windows Enetrprise 10 Key.Can someone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-enterprise-key-mapping/9dd9a5c5-0ed1-4b68-a3e6-773ae756364f
  6. Google Maps/Maps app not working properly on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Maps/Maps app not working properly on Windows 10.: Hello, I am using Windows 10, and recently I downgraded from Windows 11. After that, one major issue I am facing is MAPSGoogle Maps or Maps app both not working properly. Location is fine. It is showing correct location but navigation or other features like zoom out/in or...
  7. Windows 10 Maps App Not Displaying Directions Properly

Windows 10 Maps App Not Displaying Directions Properly: When using Windows 10's Map App, everything works except for getting directions. When the route preview comes up, the blue line glitches out and sometimes covers the entire screen. It never even comes close to being properly sized, much less over a roadway. Happens at all...
  8. sculpt keyboard UK layout some keys are not properly mapped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sculpt keyboard UK layout some keys are not properly mapped: Bought a microsoft sculpt keyboard UK layout. Configured in English UK with my system but some keys are wrong. Tested with other layouts (dead keys, english US...) Number Two is printed with quotations but is writing AT (@), and two keys besides Enter (AT, accent / hash)...
  9. ctrl key mapped to many keys

ctrl key mapped to many keys: Hello, So I have this weird problem with my Laptop keyboard. The control key is mapped to many other keys, I knw that because I did an online keyboard tester and everytime I press ctrl other keys get activated/pressed. Is this a hardware problem or can the ctrl be...
  10. Key Mapping Weirdness

Key Mapping Weirdness: I am having a very odd problem with a brand new laptop which installed Windows 10 when I powered it up. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15. Because I'm in Canada, someone, presumably the government, decided that all computers sold in Canada had to have a uniquely Canadian...