Windows 10: windows key not working and some apps not functioning correctly

Discus and support windows key not working and some apps not functioning correctly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (Build 19043.1165)so i recently had an issue with drive space specifically on my C: drive. It was full and i was moving things from there to my D:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by codey7rack, Aug 20, 2021.

1. windows key not working and some apps not functioning correctly

(Build 19043.1165)so i recently had an issue with drive space specifically on my C: drive. It was full and i was moving things from there to my D: drive which was empty. i assumed the best thing to do was to take the two largest folders (being Program Files and Program Files (x86), like a dumb cunn. anyways i realised there were better options and moved them back over however during the move back i experienced some issues specifically with the "WindowsApps" folder. my home key became dysfunctional and PredatorSense also stopped working. any tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

:)

codey7rack, Aug 20, 2021

2. 1215N function keys not working?

I recently purchased a Asus Eee PC 1215N, and reinstalled Windows (the factory install has too much bloatware.)

However I'm finding some of the function keys do not work. Changing brightness works fine with the function keys, but volume and turning off the touchpad doesn't seem to work.

Is there a tool I can install?
    I only used Windows Update for the drivers so far, and I wiped the recovery partition to make more room for the install itself.

I read about something called ATK hotkeys, would that work?

speedy11131, Aug 20, 2021
  3. Function Key Not Working

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the F key on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Form when are you facing this issue and have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you performed?

If you are using external keyboard, I suggest you to connect the keyboard to different port and to different computer and check if it is working fine.

This will help us to know if the issue is with port/ computer the keyboard is connected to or the keyboard it self.

If you are using laptop keyboard, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter it
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Update the keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right click on the Keyboard driver
      and click on Update driver software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Try the above and het back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 20, 2021
  4. windows key not working and some apps not functioning correctly

1215N function keys not working?

Doesn't list it for the 1215N *Frown windows key not working and some apps not functioning correctly :(

Funny part all the keys work out of the box with Linux Mint, go figure.

Tried the one on softpedia, doesn't seem to work.

Any other model that I can take it from?

speedy11131, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

windows key not working and some apps not functioning correctly

1. windows key not working and some apps not functioning correctly - Similar Threads - key working apps

2. Some keys are not functioning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys are not functioning.: I have tried resetting, rebooting, and reinstalling drivers, but yet nothing works. My I key, my U key, and my seven and eight keys have stopped functioning after seemingly no outward stimuli. They will stop functioning altogether And intermittently start working again if I...
  3. Some keys are not functioning.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keys are not functioning.: I have tried resetting, rebooting, and reinstalling drivers, but yet nothing works. My I key, my U key, and my seven and eight keys have stopped functioning after seemingly no outward stimuli. They will stop functioning altogether And intermittently start working again if I...
  4. Some External Drives Not Working, Plug and Play Not Functioning Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some External Drives Not Working, Plug and Play Not Functioning Correctly: My old threads were locked, so I'll summarize them here. Would like to receive an affirmative statement of what specific "update" or "upgrade" will fix this, nothing so far. I literally have to swap out hard drives in order to do my backups! I have several external drives...
  5. Some External Drives Not Working, Plug and Play Not Functioning Correctly

Some External Drives Not Working, Plug and Play Not Functioning Correctly: My old threads were locked, so I'll summarize them here. Would like to receive an affirmative statement of what specific "update" or "upgrade" will fix this, nothing so far. I literally have to swap out hard drives in order to do my backups! I have several external drives...
  6. Some External Drives Not Working, Plug and Play Not Functioning Correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My shift key is not functioning correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My shift key is not functioning correctly: My shift keys been acting up recently, I am not sure how to explain in but i attached a video to demonstrate what is happening. I have already disabled sticky keys and all the other keys. https://gyazo.com/21aca3d8d14001c664dfdaaa9d5cfc4eWhile testing the shift keys, i hold...
  8. My shift key is not functioning correctly

My shift key is not functioning correctly: My shift keys been acting up recently, I am not sure how to explain in but i attached a video to demonstrate what is happening. I have already disabled sticky keys and all the other keys. https://gyazo.com/21aca3d8d14001c664dfdaaa9d5cfc4eWhile testing the shift keys, i hold...
  9. function/esc keys aren't functioning correctly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    function/esc keys aren't functioning correctly.: hi! so recently i started using a blueetooth keyboard, but whenever i press the esc button on the keyboard, it opens a new chrome tab, no matter if i'm gaming or doing anything else. i tried turning off action keys through system bios, but that didn't seem to work, the...
  10. Some of my function keys are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some of my function keys are not working: Hello,After installing the recent update for Windows 10, I've noticed some problems with my function keys. Specifically, the mute key F1 automatically opens a new tab displaying help and support from whichever Internet browser I use, and the increase volume key F3...