Windows 10: Windows key not working but is detected by Windows 11

Discus and support Windows key not working but is detected by Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, the Windows key on my keyboard in Windows 11 suddenly stopped working for 99% of inputs. Problem seemed to start when I walked away from PC for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ktek78, Mar 29, 2023.

1. ktek78 Win User

Windows key not working but is detected by Windows 11

Hello, the Windows key on my keyboard in Windows 11 suddenly stopped working for 99% of inputs. Problem seemed to start when I walked away from PC for a bit. Weirdly, the key still works when I hit 'Win+L', but nothing else. The issue isn't at the keyboard level, as I've tried hitting the Win key on both the laptop and external keyboard.Here are some things I've tried/ruled out: Problem persists across RestartsSticky keys and Filter Keys are switched offTried uninstalling and reinstalling all keyboards in Device Managersfc /scannow doesn't fix the problem.Tried restarting Explorer.exe processI

:)

ktek78, Mar 29, 2023
  2. Siddhagod Win User

Windows 7 x64 not detecting GTX295

Background
    I installed the 295 and it was not detected. So I downloaded 181.22 for Vista x64, but those drivers didn't work for gaming (CTD). So I installed a GTX 8800 and it was detected and drivers installed automatically from Windows Update.

Now I put the 295 back in, and it installed and was able to run games. However, the nVidia control panel was not available, suggesting that the drivers hadn't installed properly... So I deleted the drivers and rebooted. And... again it lists my 295 as a "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and a "3D Video Controler", but no drivers can be found by Windows Update.

Question
    1) Is there anywhere I can download the Windows 7 x64 drivers and install them manually?

2) Any idea how I can get Windows 7 to recognize my GTX295 so that it can download the proper drivers.

3) Have you had the GTX295 install automatically in Windows 7 x64?

Siddhagod, Mar 29, 2023
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 29, 2023
  4. Windows key not working but is detected by Windows 11

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

Windows key not working but is detected by Windows 11

1. Windows key not working but is detected by Windows 11 - Similar Threads - key working detected

2. Windows 11 Windows key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Windows key not working: Hi there. My windows key does not like to work anymore for opening up the menu. I can however use shortcuts such as win+r. The only way to fix this is by restarting my pc. Is there a way to fix this or should I reinstall windows and keep all my files using the installation...
  3. Windows 11 Windows key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Windows key not working: Hi there. My windows key does not like to work anymore for opening up the menu. I can however use shortcuts such as win+r. The only way to fix this is by restarting my pc. Is there a way to fix this or should I reinstall windows and keep all my files using the installation...
  4. windows 11 product key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 product key not working: hello, I can't register my windows 11 copy with the purchased S/N from OEM software as attached, i had the same problem with different purchased product key and didn't get any help getting windows verified, please help me with this onethanks...
  5. windows 11 product key not working

windows 11 product key not working: hello, I can't register my windows 11 copy with the purchased S/N from OEM software as attached, i had the same problem with different purchased product key and didn't get any help getting windows verified, please help me with this onethanks...
  6. Windows 10 key not working on windows 11

Windows 10 key not working on windows 11: Okay so i upgraded to windows 11 on my new PC and my key wont work?I cant speak to MS your website is awful!!! i sent in 4 tickets 4 days ago and no support at all.. it says youll call me back but i havent had a phone call or anything....Can someone help me out here?...
  7. shift key is not working in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift key is not working in windows 11: shift key is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-key-is-not-working-in-windows-11/1549e385-6174-4387-9048-28af96f79e90
  8. Windows key not working but is detected by Windows 11

Windows key not working but is detected by Windows 11: Hello, the Windows key on my keyboard in Windows 11 suddenly stopped working for 99% of inputs. Problem seemed to start when I walked away from PC for a bit. Weirdly, the key still works when I hit 'Win+L', but nothing else. The issue isn't at the keyboard level, as I've...
  9. Windows key + a not working Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key + a not working Windows 11: I don't know why but all of my shortcuts work except for Windows key + a. I am on windows 11 and its a nightmare having to do things like connecting to the internet through settings multiple times a day....
  10. Windows key + a not working Windows 11

Windows key + a not working Windows 11: I don't know why but all of my shortcuts work except for Windows key + a. I am on windows 11 and its a nightmare having to do things like connecting to the internet through settings multiple times a day....