Windows 10: Windows key not working with game open - Game Mode off

Discus and support Windows key not working with game open - Game Mode off in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't game often, so I can't say for sure when this first started to happen, but I have just noticed that pressing the Windows key with a game open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WalterA., Mar 18, 2023.

1. WalterA. Win User

Windows key not working with game open - Game Mode off

I don't game often, so I can't say for sure when this first started to happen, but I have just noticed that pressing the Windows key with a game open no longer opens the Start menu to quickly get out of a game in full screen mode. Several suggestions say to turn of Game Mode in the settings, which I have now done. Unfortunately, that did not solve the issue; the Windows key still does not work.

:)

WalterA., Mar 18, 2023
  2. GRB70 Win User

Disable game mode

Other than
    which doesn't open a game bar, is there another way to disable? Some kind of workaround?

TYVM Windows key not working with game open - Game Mode off :)

grb

GRB70, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Game Mode Win10

Hi,

Game Mode is automatically enabled to some games only. There are some games that require you to manually enable Game Mode before you can use this feature on your Windows 10 device.

To manually turn on Game Mode, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard + G.
    • Select Settings.
    • In the General tab, select the check box for Game Mode.

If you have any other queries, feel free to post your concerns here anytime.

Loraine Mon, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Windows key not working with game open - Game Mode off

Games cause the computer to freeze seconds after opening them for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with the result of the issue and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Windows key not working with game open - Game Mode off

1. Windows key not working with game open - Game Mode off - Similar Threads - key working game

2. Game Mode & Game Bar won't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Mode & Game Bar won't turn off: I've turned both Game mode and Xbox Game Bar off in my settings, but somehow this hasn't turned off either of these. I'm not entirely sure what to do, any help would be appreciated....
  3. Game Mode & Game Bar won't turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Mode & Game Bar won't turn off: I've turned both Game mode and Xbox Game Bar off in my settings, but somehow this hasn't turned off either of these. I'm not entirely sure what to do, any help would be appreciated....
  4. Game Mode keeps turning off on Windows 11, Game Mode is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Mode keeps turning off on Windows 11, Game Mode is disabled.: I have gone in my settings and turned game mode off settings>gaming>game mode then turned the switch to off and also followed the steps I found in this answer...
  5. Game Mode keeps turning off on Windows 11, Game Mode is disabled.

Game Mode keeps turning off on Windows 11, Game Mode is disabled.: I have gone in my settings and turned game mode off settings>gaming>game mode then turned the switch to off and also followed the steps I found in this answer...
  6. Windows key not working with game open - Game Mode off

Windows key not working with game open - Game Mode off: I don't game often, so I can't say for sure when this first started to happen, but I have just noticed that pressing the Windows key with a game open no longer opens the Start menu to quickly get out of a game in full screen mode. Several suggestions say to turn of Game Mode...
  7. Game Mode keeps turning on and off on Windows 10, Game Mode is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Mode keeps turning on and off on Windows 10, Game Mode is disabled.: I have gone in my settings and turned game mode off settings>gaming>game mode then turned the switch to off and also followed the steps I found in this answer...
  8. Disable windows key in game mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable windows key in game mode?: Is there a way to disable the windows key when you enable game mode? This would seem like an obvious feature and would be incorporated into the game mode feature, but I couldn't find it....
  9. Windows key no longer works in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key no longer works in game: The windows key on my keyboard used to bring up my start menu while I was gaming and now it does not. It is not the setting on my keyboard and the button works all other times. I know I can just alt tab but I want to be able to use the windows key as well. Google has not...
  10. Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 15019, a new Game Mode feature has been added that can optimize your Windows 10 PC for an improvement in game performance and best possible...