Windows 10: Windows key on keyboard inputting something else

Discus and support Windows key on keyboard inputting something else in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So after turning on my pc today, i noticed that when pressing the windows key on my keyboard, the 0 would light up as well. I tried fixing it by going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnshumanOjha, May 6, 2021.

1. Windows key on keyboard inputting something else

So after turning on my pc today, i noticed that when pressing the windows key on my keyboard, the 0 would light up as well. I tried fixing it by going into regedit but there was no scancode key. as of now i dont have any idea if it is a hardware issue or software issue.Whenever i click my windows key its inputting 0.

:)

AnshumanOjha, May 6, 2021
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, May 6, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 6, 2021
  4. Windows key on keyboard inputting something else

Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows key on keyboard inputting something else

1. Windows key on keyboard inputting something else - Similar Threads - key keyboard inputting

2. Windows 10 Bugs or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Bugs or something else?: Hello Guys,I am sorry for my englishI have windows 10, i was watching a video on youtube, then my chrome started going backwards by itself, it still does it until now from time to time, and also my mouse and my keyboard started going crazyex: i can move it, but i can't click...
  3. Windows 10 Bugs or something else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Bugs or something else?: Hello Guys,I am sorry for my englishI have windows 10, i was watching a video on youtube, then my chrome started going backwards by itself, it still does it until now from time to time, and also my mouse and my keyboard started going crazyex: i can move it, but i can't click...
  4. Backward slash on the keyboard gives something else. That key doesn't give a backward slash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backward slash on the keyboard gives something else. That key doesn't give a backward slash.: Backward slash on the keyboard gives something else. That key doesn't give a backward slash.Yes, I've looked at the post on wrong keys. Dated 2010, and didn't help....
  5. Backward slash on the keyboard gives something else. That key doesn't give a backward slash.

Backward slash on the keyboard gives something else. That key doesn't give a backward slash.: Backward slash on the keyboard gives something else. That key doesn't give a backward slash.Yes, I've looked at the post on wrong keys. Dated 2010, and didn't help....
  6. Virus, bug or something else ?

Virus, bug or something else ?: Hi so here is my problemsit started 5 days agoall the problems exept the 3rd :1st : Only 1 app work that mean if I open google chrome it work but if I open like discord, discord won't work, I can't click and I can hardly use my keybord and I need to close google chrome to...
  7. Virus, bug or something else ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus, bug or something else ?: Hi so here is my problemsit started 5 days agoall the problems exept the 3rd :1st : Only 1 app work that mean if I open google chrome it work but if I open like discord, discord won't work, I can't click and I can hardly use my keybord and I need to close google chrome to...
  8. Random input Keyboard/Mouse when using something related to windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random input Keyboard/Mouse when using something related to windows.: Let's get straight to it. Does the random input happen everywhere? No. What happened to me, the first time: After clicking on the windows start menu everything was going like I was holding the arrow down key. Second time: After clicking on the windows search bar, it...
  9. windows key doing something else

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows key doing something else: whenever I press the windows key it brings me to a screen with my apps in a bunch of tiles instead of my desktop. How do i change this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-doing-something-else/385f9fe0-cd59-4410-bedc-d1b2fd9e79b9
  10. is this a driver problem or something else

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is this a driver problem or something else: After upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 , the HDMI port on my HP pavilion HPE 1230-c desktop no longer works. Other than buying a new PC (not happening) is there a solution?...