Windows 10: Windows key+P shortcut behavior

Discus and support Windows key+P shortcut behavior in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded to 10 from 7 and the behavior of this shortcut has changed. I use it to switch my second monitor on and off. In 7, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ripsky4501, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Windows key+P shortcut behavior

Hello,

I recently upgraded to 10 from 7 and the behavior of this shortcut has changed. I use it to switch my second monitor on and off. In 7, after I used the shortcut, the window that pops up asking whether I want to duplicate the screen, extend it, etc. immediately disappears once I've made my choice and I can continue my work without interruption. Now in 10, the windows stays open and I have to press Esc, click outside of it, or alt-tab for it to disappear. Is there a way to change the behavior of this back to the behavior of 7?

This is not too big a deal, but it is yet another annoying default design choice that Microsoft has decided to saddle its customers with for reasons I can't fathom.

:)

ripsky4501, Feb 28, 2016

2. Narrator pops up and is difficult to get rid of.

Hi Jerrik666,

Win + U is a shortcut key combination to pull up the Ease of Access menu, which automatically reads aloud. Can you see if any other Windows shortcut keys cause this behavior for you? For example, if you press 'p' in the password field, does the Project menu
    pop up?

Danielle

Danielle J [MSFT], Feb 28, 2016
  3. Windows Key + P Shortcut Not Working

Did you get the fix I posted? The newest Windows update overwrote my file I put in my OS as the fix and I had to replace it again, as Microsoft has not put their own fix in place as of yet....lucky us.

DISPLAYSWITCH.EXE DOWNLOAD LINK:
    DisplaySwitch.exe

CaronWolff, Feb 28, 2016
Thema:

Windows key+P shortcut behavior

1. Windows key+P shortcut behavior - Similar Threads - key+P shortcut behavior

2. Login key shortcut Windows + P option menu is gone Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login key shortcut Windows + P option menu is gone Windows 11: Previously I could press "Windows + p" And get the option menu to switch between displays. Now it's not there unless I login first. Anyone know how to fix this so I can use it like before. I think at some point in time a windows update changed this. I assumed it would get...
  3. Login key shortcut Windows + P option menu is gone Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login key shortcut Windows + P option menu is gone Windows 11: Previously I could press "Windows + p" And get the option menu to switch between displays. Now it's not there unless I login first. Anyone know how to fix this so I can use it like before. I think at some point in time a windows update changed this. I assumed it would get...
  4. Windows+P Shortcut Not Doing Anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows+P Shortcut Not Doing Anything: I've been having a lot of problems with the 22H2 update. First I'm getting strange lines on the left navigation panel where my shortcuts are, then I can't click network or sound on the taskbar because it does nothing, but now my most used feature isn't working anymore, which...
  5. Windows+P Shortcut Not Doing Anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows+P Shortcut Not Doing Anything: I've been having a lot of problems with the 22H2 update. First I'm getting strange lines on the left navigation panel where my shortcuts are, then I can't click network or sound on the taskbar because it does nothing, but now my most used feature isn't working anymore, which...
  6. Mysterious Shortcut Behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Shortcut Behavior: I use the free version of EssentialPIM, which has a series of assigned keyboard shortcuts, of which I use only Ctrl+Shft+S and Ctrl-Shft-T. A while ago, needing to see the calendar, I used Ctrl-Shft-S, which as has been true for quite some time, brought up the calendar. When...
  7. Windows Key + P shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Key + P shortcut not working: Just today, my windows + P shortcut doesn't work. Every other shortcut works. My "P" key works. My Windows Key works. Other Windows Key + "?" key combos work. Ctrl + P works. I've checked the registry for values disabling it. Nothing found. Any Ideas? ASUS ROG...
  8. windows key plus P...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows key plus P...: Why the heck can you guys not fix this? Going on for over Three years and you still say you don't know what is causing it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-plus-p/4d22e472-1211-43d6-88c7-34d2aa3411f2
  9. How to disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut?

How to disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut?: I need to disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut because it provides with project options but this PC is in the classroom setting. Any help? I run Windows 10, 1803....
  10. Disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut

Disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut: Hello, I am attempting to disable the Windows+P keyboard shortcut which gives the project options. The machines are in a classroom setting so we want it disabled. I have been unsuccessful with any GPOs or registry edits. Any help would be appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop shortcut similar to windows key p

2. Windows key P shortcut behavior - Windows 10 Forums in hindi