Windows 10: Windows Key + P shortcut not working

Discus and support Windows Key + P shortcut not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just today, my windows + P shortcut doesn't work. Every other shortcut works. My "P" key works. My Windows Key works. Other Windows Key + "?" key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JOE_DAVID, Sep 4, 2020.

1. JOE_DAVID Win User

Windows Key + P shortcut not working

Just today, my windows + P shortcut doesn't work. Every other shortcut works. My "P" key works. My Windows Key works.

Other Windows Key + "?" key combos work. Ctrl + P works. I've checked the registry for values disabling it. Nothing found. Any Ideas?

ASUS ROG STRIX : WINDOWS 10 HOME

BEST,

JOE DAVID

:)

JOE_DAVID, Sep 4, 2020

2. Windows Key + P shortcut not working

Hi Team,

Just today, my windows + P shortcut doesn't work. Every other shortcut works. My "P" key works. My Windows Key works.

Other Windows Key + "?" key combos work. Ctrl + P works. I've checked the registry for values disabling it. Nothing found. Any Ideas?

HP Elitebook 840, Windows 10.

Regards,

JG

JimmieGiardina, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Windows Key + P shortcut not working

Hi Jimmie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that Windows + P shortcut is not working.

I would like to know some information.

• What actions are you trying to perform pressing Windows + P key?

• Are you using Dual Monitors?

• Have you made any changes to the computer settings prior to this issue?

• Since how long are you facing this issue?

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Sep 4, 2020
  4. grecinos Win User

Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Key + P shortcut not working - Similar Threads - Key shortcut working

2. Shift Key Not Working For Only The p Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift Key Not Working For Only The p Key: My shift key has magically ceased working for only the letter p on my keyboard works with all other letters and keys and I am not sure what happened. I initially assumed it was my cheap keyboard and bought a nice new one but I have run into the exact same problem since the...
  3. Shift Key Not Working For Only The p Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift Key Not Working For Only The p Key: My shift key has magically ceased working for only the letter p on my keyboard works with all other letters and keys and I am not sure what happened. I initially assumed it was my cheap keyboard and bought a nice new one but I have run into the exact same problem since the...
  4. p key not working on most programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    p key not working on most programs: For most programs, the "p" and "P" does not work. At first, I thought it was a keyboard issue. Then I stumbled into a grogram where it worked fine. Over the past month, there has been in a small of programs where the "p" key worked. Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of the...
  5. Keybord keys Backspace, and p not working

Keybord keys Backspace, and p not working: Hello, Recently my keybord keys P and backspace have stoped working. Ive tried many different things to fix this Factory reset, Updateing keybord drivers, Filter keys off But none have worked. My pc is a Asus laptop running on an outdated version of windows ten version...
  6. 0,p, ? and [ keys is not working

0,p, ? and [ keys is not working: 0,p and [ keys is not working. lease help. what should i do. im crying right now[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0p-and-keys-is-not-working/9c5626ff-f985-4e2b-89b9-e6efb2fbe1e5
  7. Windows Key + P -> Switch Display Not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Key + P -> Switch Display Not working: Windows Version 1803 I can't switch between single monitor and extend to multiple monitors using Windows Key + P I'm not certain what to look for. I searched and found posts about "DisplaySwitch.exe", but when I find it it doesn't do anything. Before when I would hip...
  8. Windows Key + P -> Switch Display Not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Key + P -> Switch Display Not working: Windows Version 1803 I can't switch between single monitor and extend to multiple monitors using Windows Key + P I'm not certain what to look for. I searched and found posts about "DisplaySwitch.exe", but when I find it it doesn't do anything. Before when I would hip...
  9. Windows key+V and Windows key+P not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows key+V and Windows key+P not working: The keyboard shortcuts to view clipboard history and pinned clipboard items isn't working for me as you can see I have it on but when I press the windows logo key+V nothing happens. and it is the keys, the windows key and V keys work just fine so I can't seem to think of a...
  10. Windows key+P shortcut behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key+P shortcut behavior: Hello, I recently upgraded to 10 from 7 and the behavior of this shortcut has changed. I use it to switch my second monitor on and off. In 7, after I used the shortcut, the window that pops up asking whether I want to duplicate the screen, extend it, etc. immediately...